Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Parksider

News on Salford

478 posts in this topic

For all her faults, and lets face Blears has many...

She has always been very supportive of Salford RLFC. When Forever Reds Trust was first formed back in 2002 she joined and she also paid £100 as a member of 1,000 club. I don't know if she claimed it back but I do find it hard to believe she would try to block it.

Is this even part of her area, I thought it was Barbara Keeley?

Don't believe everything you read on the Turkey!

Agree Pottsy but that wasnt in the Turkey.

The Doctor has 6 runners at Wolves today - 3 look to have chances so guess he will be in the Midlands if anyone wished to talk to him.

It would be wonderful if they did get over the line, without having gone bust like virtually every other club would have done in their circumstances. By my reckoning that would only leave Cas without access to deep pockets. We could increase the cap, keep our best players, sign marquee players again...

Bradford certainly don't have access to deep pockets.

Fortunately, Mr Khan doesn't have holes in the bottom of them like the previous regimes, but there certainly isn't a supply of ready cash to subsidise any losses.

She has always been very supportive of Salford RLFC. When Forever Reds Trust was first formed back in 2002 she joined and she also paid £100 as a member of 1,000 club. I don't know if she claimed it back but I do find it hard to believe she would try to block it.

did she claim it on her mp expenses? can't stand the woman but if she is getting behind salford then fair play to her, derek twig was instrumental in the widnes buy out by getting the necessary backing............

I have no idea whether she claimed it back, it was a tongue in cheek comment.

She is very friendly with John Wilkinson and for health reasons he needs to get out. he has really aged in the last few months.

I'm not sure what she could do to block it.

Do RL have the smae fitness test as football? I have no reason to suspect Mr Koukash is anything but fit for purpose. Racing would soon chase him off.

I have no idea whether she claimed it back, it was a tongue in cheek comment.

She is very friendly with John Wilkinson and for health reasons he needs to get out. he has really aged in the last few months.

I'm not sure what she could do to block it.

Do RL have the smae fitness test as football? I have no reason to suspect Mr Koukash is anything but fit for purpose. Racing would soon chase him off.

RL does have a regulation regarding being a fit and proper person to own/be a director of a club.

How its measured I don't know.

Rumour is he now wants to buy the stadium as well as the club, that would be funny and really upset Sale.

Rumour is he now wants to buy the stadium as well as the club, that would be funny and really upset Sale.

That was reported in LE this morning.

Just wish it was a done deal, the season is only matter of weeks away and we have a very thin squad, the club is operating under some very restrictive constraints at present.

I did hope it was done before Thursday.

Would that be because the numbers simply don't add up for Salford as tenants at Barton and the only way to make the Reds work financially (ie maximising multiple off field revenue streams) is for them to actually own the place?

It is interesting though. I presume the local council has sunk multiple millions into the stadium, and I guess in these straightened public finance times that the council could be a willing seller to get some much needed cash into the town hall coffers. Peel on the other hand don't seem strapped for cash so why would they consider selling?

. of course it's her era Hazel Blears is the MP for Salford

According to League Express still one or two hurdles to overcome.Koukash allegedly wants to buy the ground to maximise revenue but has offered less than the cost of construction.Also seems to be an issue with the amount of inherited debt any prospective purchaser would have to take on.

. of course it's her era Hazel Blears is the MP for Salford

Barbara Keeley

Labour MP for Worsley and Eccles South (inc Barton Stadium)

does anyone know how much koukash is worth?

I've read he divides his time between the UK, USA and Dubai so that is something we will never know.

He breeds horses, so we have to accept "adequate" for the task in hand.

Firstly, I cannot understand why Dr Koukash buying the stadium would upset Sale. It's just a change of landlord and that happens all the time. If it upsets Sale, surely it would upset Salford as well. (Unless Sale were planning to buy the stadium themselves :ph34r: )

Secondly, I still haven't seen a clear statement of who actually owns the stadium. It seems to be jointly owned by the Council and Peel Holdings, but is that 50/50 or not? Who put up the money, and how much did they put up? There are all sorts of rumours, but little in the way of hard fact, IMO. The most believable suggestion I've heard is that the Council put up around £16million (well below the oft-quoted £26million) and Peel put up little beyond some land and goodwill (whatever that might be). Peel are very sharp operators and could well have ended up with a valuable facility for next to nothing. (But it's all just rumour!)

Firstly, I cannot understand why Dr Koukash buying the stadium would upset Sale. It's just a change of landlord and that happens all the time. If it upsets Sale, surely it would upset Salford as well. (Unless Sale were planning to buy the stadium themselves :ph34r: )

Didn't i read on this very site that Sale were looking to sell the naming rights to the stadium?

I cannot imagine Kennedy sitting back and just watching this happen. He is after all on record as trying to sell the club to anyone who would take it off his hands.

I fear there is a long way to go yet. But i m a glass half full kinda guy.

Posted · Hidden by John Drake, January 16, 2013 - off topic personal spat

To be fair on BK he has hung on in there (Sale) for far longer that anyone expected a really good mate of mine knows him well (They both live near to each other in Majorca) and he once said it was the worst business decision of his life:( the one thing that saved Sale recently was BK having his offer for Rangers turned down as thats where i think his heart is:)CM

tell us a story, jackanory

Now there's a surprise.Canetman knows someone who is very important,who knows someone else who is even more important,but he can't tell us who he is.

You are an idiot

Any chance of getting this thread back on topic?

I know it gets dull when there is no news so please just shut up and wait until there is some. :-)

Any chance of getting this thread back on topic?

I know it gets dull when there is no news so please just shut up and wait until there is some. :-)

Possibly the most sensible post in the whole 14 pages of this thread. :)

Still negotiating I understand - several points at issue - Ground valuation - Lease variability - Council/Peel future input - Directors Bank Guarantees - Directors Loan Accounts - Share Issue etc - so seems some way off - apparently the Dr is being assisted by 3 from the NRL.

It bodes well that they are going into so much detail, even if the delay is frustrating. It suggests a high level of professionalism, a hard headed negotiator and someone who is going into this with his eyes wide open. If I were a Salford fan, I would hope for the very best at this stage.