Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Parksider

News on Salford

478 posts in this topic

I love his comments about he'd be happy with being in the top 8 as long as they are top of that 8! Thats unrealistic this year, but if you dont aim for the top and to be the best you possibly can be then you will never become the best.

Exciting times for Salford, I love a good news story!

Delighted for Salford and Salford fans, lets hope this is the start of something big - good luck.

Can we get Ben Kingsley booked for the movie?

I was looking forward to this press conference, but now he seems a little too ambitious for my liking... let us win something again first please. :D

Do we have Nigel Wood to thank for this in any way?

Is it the same Nigel Wood that is the much maligned gaffer at the RFL?

Do we have Nigel Wood to thank for this in any way?

Is it the same Nigel Wood that is the much maligned gaffer at the RFL?

It would appear so!

Marwan Koukash recounting how three years ago he met Nigel Wood on a flight - at that time he had no interest in rugby league. They became friends, started talking about racing, Nigel went to racing a few times then Nigel invited him to the Grand Final - he genuinely enjoyed it. He rang Nigel a few months later to ask if he could go again. He sat next to Eamonn McManus, owner of the Saints and said afterwards to Nigel to let him know if there was ever an opportunity to buy a club. Two or three weeks before Christmas Nigel Wood brought Salford to his attention

"No other club in the sport has the potential of Salford City Reds and I give a firm commitment to do all I can to help realise that potential." he says

Big up Nigel Wood!!

Don't think he needs to be any bigger

Don't think he needs to be any bigger

I was going to say something more positive, but that was just too easy to resist

Fantastic news! I'm really pleased for Salford.

Now, should we have a sweepstake on how long we have to wait 'til the next "Nigel Wood is useless, he's done nothing for RL" post on TRL? :D

This seems to be positive news.

I suppose this will be a transitional year on the playing side, as it is too late to get a very strong squad together.

Sir Ben Kingsley please. :)

Sir Ben Kingsley please. :)

He does insist, doesn't he? Just like that Bobby Charlton bloke.

Salford fans won't want to go to sleep tonight, just in case they wake up on friday and it was all a lovely dream... ;)

Seriously, the atmosphere at the match with Wigan should be pretty uplifting.

I was looking forward to this press conference, but now he seems a little too ambitious for my liking... let us win something again first please. :D

Ben kingsley as Don Logan in "sexy beast" has the marwan koukash look to a tee.

Great day to be a Reds supporter.

I've followed this every day and am really pleased for you all.

I think we play you in August at the City Stadium, looking forward to it :-)

bbc radio Manchester

The new owner of Salford City Reds,. Dr Marwan Koukash is taking questions from 6-7pm

Why not..he's a local lad...son of the GP I used to go to as a kid in Swinton...Station Rd, actually.

This is just about the best news I've heard in years. I'm really pleased. Thanks for all the kind wishes on the forum.

Going to be at Barton tomorrow. Set off at 3pm, pick Mick up at 5pm and return soon after the game. Looking forward to it and don't give a damn about the result.

(Wigan have no chance! :P:lol: :lol: :lol: )

Well what a day, just listened to the RL hour, Offering the chance for a fan to have a seat on the board is quite simply amazing. Lets get Claire to interview every time he races. RL really can learn by seeing the game through is eyes. Lets hope he brings all his racing followers to the game. Think I'm still in shock still expecting for it all to be a dream.

Well what a day, just listened to the RL hour, Offering the chance for a fan to have a seat on the board is quite simply amazing.

And yet, that really should be standard practice. The fans are major stakeholders in the club and the sport as a whole. I'm glad he is doing that. By breaking that ground he may put pressure on other clubs to do the same thing.

I'm so pleased for Salford. I didn't like the thought of them going under after all the mismanagement and chaos and rollercoaster ride for the fans. What a coup for Salford it is that Koukash is taking over. I really hope things go well for him and for the club.