Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Parksider

News on Salford

478 posts in this topic

With today's crowd, I don't think fans have voted with their feet and this could be the end........so I guess if the RFL don't step in their gone.... Sincerely hope there saved and fans do go and support them.... Salford need fans and investment!!!

Not necessarily an excuse but promotion of the game today was woeful

Where would the money to promote it come from?

Pulled out of Leigh friendly again

With today's crowd, I don't think fans have voted with their feet and this could be the end........so I guess if the RFL don't step in their gone.... Sincerely hope there saved and fans do go and support them.... Salford need fans and investment!!!

i doubt warrington would have got many more for a friendly against swinton

More atmosphere on the moon and I had one pint of Guinness in a plastic pot for £4. Salford scored some good tries but next to no passion from the fans. I am pretty sure that my first visit to the City of Salford stadium will be my last.

Not necessarily an excuse but promotion of the game today was woeful

So would you say that Salford fans didn't know about this game?

Firstly, I suspect we would - and secondly, if it was a game in the middle of a campaign to keep the club alive, and maybe even the last chance to even see their team, then I guarantee we would!

More atmosphere on the moon and I had one pint of Guinness in a plastic pot for £4. Salford scored some good tries but next to no passion from the fans. I am pretty sure that my first visit to the City of Salford stadium will be my last.

Most Salford fans would have had all of their passion and emotion squeezed out of them by recent events.

The £4 you paid goes to the stadium.

Many people would have given money to SOS and after what is either a Christmas period/holiday period/2 weeks holiday many people have spent their money and have no desire to spend any more when they can save it for a few more weeks.Salford supporters have a home game against Wigan - should they survive - and then games in France and at Leeds,in Super League fixtures,which they may consider more exciting and worth spending their money on.

There was also the information given out that only one stand was to be opened,so spectators could be turned away from the stadium; therefore only those who had pre-purchased tickets should attend.

I am really surprised another individual should 'knock' Salford.No,really ! :rolleyes:

Don't talk soft!!

Firstly, I suspect we would - and secondly, if it was a game in the middle of a campaign to keep the club alive, and maybe even the last chance to even see their team, then I guarantee we would!

Spot on Dave, the season we left Wilderspool the crowds were poor, but the last game was all but a sell out.

Salford need to vote in numbers.

Don't talk soft!!

Spot on Dave, the season we left Wilderspool the crowds were poor, but the last game was all but a sell out.

Would you have though when you were on your britches arris at the dump known as Wilderspool?

Don't talk soft!!

tbf the crowds werent that poor. We averaged 7k at Wilderspool at the end.

tbf the crowds werent that poor. We averaged 7k at Wilderspool at the end.

At the end yes but in 85/86 you could only manage 3.5k, friendlies manage about 25% - 50% of the regular attendance, do the maths.

At the end yes but in 85/86 you could only manage 3.5k, friendlies manage about 25% - 50% of the regular attendance, do the maths.

not sure what the relevance of quoting crowds from 27 years ago is Padge.

not sure what the relevance of quoting crowds from 27 years ago is Padge.

Not sure of your comparison with Warrington now and Salford now is either, top of the table team on the up compared to bottom of the table and falling.

Not sure of your comparison with Warrington now and Salford now is either, top of the table team on the up compared to bottom of the table and falling.

Are you speaking to Southstand Loiner or me?

Are you speaking to Southstand Loiner or me?

It was you I quoted.

It was you I quoted.

well I didnt compare our crowds to Salfords. I agree it would be silly.

I answered a point about Warrington getting no more than the 1800 today.

For some bizarre reason you started to talk about Warrington's crowds at Wilderspool and quoted crowds from 27 years ago. What was your thinking behind that? It really was a bizarre tangent.

Firstly, I suspect we would

What am I supposed to think?

If you are a potential investor attending today's game and only 1800 people turn up, you are not likely to be keen to part with your hard-earned money any time soon. My stance on this is the same as it was with Bradford, we need to stop propping up failing entity's and let them start again from the bottom of the pyramid.

Give the hardworking Championship clubs a chance to prove what they can do in the top-tier.

If you are a potential investor attending today's game and only 1800 people turn up, you are not likely to be keen to part with your hard-earned money any time soon. My stance on this is the same as it was with Bradford, we need to stop propping up failing entity's and let them start again from the bottom of the pyramid.

Give the hardworking Championship clubs a chance to prove what they can do in the top-tier.

I'm all for that, as long as Paul Danials is on the board of the club and can 'magic' up 8,000 supporters. In reality how many are ready to go today and replace Salford (there is a rumour that Fev may soon maybe) and last the course of three years.

They'll prove nowt without a heck of a lot of investment.

Even then who is there to buy to make a competitive team up.

You of all people should know the problems.

Even with Mr. O'Connor you came bottom, have struggled to recruit both last year and this, and there's no Widnes kids to step up to the plate.

I'm all for that, as long as Paul Danials is on the board of the club and can 'magic' up 8,000 supporters. In reality how many are ready to go today and replace Salford (there is a rumour that Fev may soon maybe) and last the course of three years.

And that's British Rugby League's major weakness.

The gulf between the haves and have nots has been allowed to widen to such an extent that, when one of the haves suddenly find that they haven't really, none of the have nots are anywhere near capable of stepping up.

The gulf between the haves and have nots has been allowed to widen to such an extent that, when one of the haves suddenly find that they haven't really, none of the have nots are anywhere near capable of stepping up.

The alternative is to hold back the haves and stifle the game to hold them back to the level of the have nots.

We now have a situation where a club that was a have not have faught long and hard to join the haves, they may or may not have got there, but they know what they have to do and are doing their best to do it.

Other clubs who want to join the SL club should take note.

Let's force clubs to catch up and not pull back others down to 1960's level's

The gulf between the haves and have nots has been allowed to widen.

Not quite what happened.

The gulf was created by the necessity to take on a contract for an elite division in which there was no ability to give a share to those not in that division.