Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Parksider

News on Salford

478 posts in this topic

who's gonna invest in a club thats massively in debt...when they could put it up for nothing after it goes pop???

as I said - dont hold your breath :lol:

I guess that depends on how confident you are that a post 'pop' club would still be in SL.

I guess that depends on how confident you are that a post 'pop' club would still be in SL.

like bradford and wakefield did??

It remains to be seen whether, if salford do survive, they will be able to field a competetive side, getting smashed every week isnt going to bring back bewildered fans nor pack the Barton Stadium when the acute access/egress traffic snarl up is also added to the mix, i can see why every effort is being expended by Wilky to keep his baby in Superleague because he knows full well what happened to Salfords Feeder Team when the trap door opened and Hamilton got his hands on the yeds...Life is too short!

The good news for Salford is that most of the debt is ` flexible `. The directors have agreed to write of their loans which is good, the Council are owed 1.5 million so the last thing they want is for the club to go into admin, I would think that the council would be prepared to accept terms where the debt remains on the books but the repayment terms will be improved say payable over 25 years. The owners of the stadium will agree improved terms for Salford.

So unlike Bradford it may well be that new investors can be found without the club going into admin. It must depend on how much is owed elsewhere. We know that Pattern on Anderson want £ 60,000.00 and HMRC are owed £ 300,000.00. If everyone else it paid up then it could work.

One thing that really pee's me off

Why hasn't other owners or chairperson donated money to Salford like they did for the Bulls!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'd like to ask a question if someone could kindly answer

Have the RFL offered to do anything for the Salford club??

I know they cant buy the ground, but have they offered Salford any help

One thing that really pee's me off

Why hasn't other owners or chairperson donated money to Salford like they did for the Bulls!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I put five euro in a charity bucket for a cancer charity the other day. What a disgrace I didn't give the same amount to every other charity operating within the EU.

I'd like to ask a question if someone could kindly answer

Have the RFL offered to do anything for the Salford club??

I know they cant buy the ground, but have they offered Salford any help

They've been working around the clock, as has been widely reported. I understand Nigel Wood was negotiating a deal on Christmas Day.

So nothing from the other chairpersons / owners and the RFL

No wonder league is years behind other sports sponsorship deals when we can't help our own.

I put five euro in a charity bucket for a cancer charity the other day. What a disgrace I didn't give the same amount to every other charity operating within the EU.

They've been working around the clock, as has been widely reported. I understand Nigel Wood was negotiating a deal on Christmas Day.

Thanks for a humour post, a club are on the brink like the bulls were and no gives a flying book about Salford

Millionaire racehorse owner Marwan Koukash has been revealed as the mystery businessman involved in talks aimed at saving Salford City Reds.

Dr Koukash attended a meeting at a secret location with development company Peel Holdings and Salford Council, the joint landlords of the Salford City Stadium.

The City Reds' potential saviour is originally from Kuwait and made the majority of his fortune from worldwide property development; his main offices are less than 10 minutes away from Haydock Park racecourse.

However, it is believed Dr Koukash, who has lived in Liverpool for 30 years, is not likely to go it alone.

No official comment has yet been made but talks are expected to resume later in the week, once Peel - who are set to hold the key to any rescue plan - and the council have taken stock of their positions.

Salford say they need around £600,000 to survive the new season but a rescue plan collapsed in December when local councillors voted against a proposed £750,000 loan, which Peel were prepared to match.

Could be great news for Salford , fingers crossed

Corrected your typo.

RIGHT THAT'S IT I'M TELLING THE MODS

Thanks for a humour post, a club are on the brink like the bulls were and no gives a flying book about Salford

What more needs to be said? The RFL are putting all their effort in behind the scenes to get decent investment for Salford, and I would love them to find a good backer who can put in the structures to make Salford a big club. If I were to make a recommendation to any new owners, I'd start with a thorough evaluation of Steve Simms' contribution down the years.

The RFL, I imagine, aren't shouting their mouths off because the people they are negotiating with don't want that and/or still haven't made their minds up. But let's stop the nonsense about 'noone giving a stuff'.

Equally, other RL folk won't be rushing in to hand over thousands of pounds if some investors are going to come in anyway. If it gets to the point where Salford are about to cease trading, I'm sure they'll ask for help and the game will do its bit. That hasn't happened as far as I'm aware.

Could potentially be great news for Salford if true, and if it all comes off. At the very least you'd imagine someone like that wouldn't tolerate a haphazard approach to running a sports club, which would mean at least Salford would be run properly..

Fingers crossed for all the Reds fans.

What more needs to be said? The RFL are putting all their effort in behind the scenes to get decent investment for Salford, and I would love them to find a good backer who can put in the structures to make Salford a big club. If I were to make a recommendation to any new owners, I'd start with a thorough evaluation of Steve Simms' contribution down the years.

The RFL, I imagine, aren't shouting their mouths off because the people they are negotiating with don't want that and/or still haven't made their minds up. But let's stop the nonsense about 'noone giving a stuff'.

Equally, other RL folk won't be rushing in to hand over thousands of pounds if some investors are going to come in anyway. If it gets to the point where Salford are about to cease trading, I'm sure they'll ask for help and the game will do its bit. That hasn't happened as far as I'm aware.

That's what I was looking for when I asked the question.

Much appreciated, nice response and again much appreciated

Looks like a really positive development. Dr Koukash looks to have a great CV. Made his own money, background in professional sport, although with 4 legs, property development and he only lives 10 minutes from Haydock racecourse so Salford is close by.

Really hope this comes off so that Salford can have the backing to try and realise their very great potential.

Several clubs in the Championship are progressing nicely, Leigh have a new stadium, Halifax have a very credible stadium now its been completed, Fev have been playing catch up all around. Clubs are beginning to realise that they need to have certain things in place and are concentrating on acheiving what is necessary off field.

You can build a club in the Championship that is fit for SL, what you won't do there is build a team for SL. The three year license gives clubs who are promoted the opportunity to build a competitive team WHEN they get into SL and thus they do not have to attempt it before hand.

Agree as (nearly) always. Having looked closely at the playing resources when you get in SL there's very little available to build with, and what you do manage to build your neighbour will take away from you.

Agree as (nearly) always. Having looked closely at the playing resources when you get in SL there's very little available to build with, and what you do manage to build your neighbour will take away from you.

The thing is that once you have built a club that is SL ready and you get in SL, do what Betts and O'Conner have done, in your first season find your feet, don't go all out to win the title. As owner and coach they will have learned a lot over the last season, Betts will have learned who can hack it and who can't and thus where he really needs to strengthen and O'Conner will now know his core support level and how much money he has to spend (if he spends it or not is another matter).

I think a big part of the secret is to forget trying to sign superstar players, go for a coach who players respect and would want to come and play for, a coach who can sell a vision to players of where the team he is building is going.

The thing is that once you have built a club that is SL ready and you get in SL, do what Betts and O'Conner have done, in your first season find your feet, don't go all out to win the title. As owner and coach they will have learned a lot over the last season, Betts will have learned who can hack it and who can't and thus where he really needs to strengthen and O'Conner will now know his core support level and how much money he has to spend (if he spends it or not is another matter).

I think a big part of the secret is to forget trying to sign superstar players, go for a coach who players respect and would want to come and play for, a coach who can sell a vision to players of where the team he is building is going.

is that the same widnes that made a massive offer to lockyer last year?

is that the same widnes that made a massive offer to lockyer last year?

Couldn't have been that massive he didn't take it.

Well if it is the Doctor it could be very exciting for the City Reds. I am not holding my breath but my word what amazing news and the very fact that it has been allowed to be given out to the press must be a small positive at least.