Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Honor James

Statement from RFL Chief Executive Nigel Wood

296 posts in this topic

Most clubs are going to the wall anyway,so much for the people who love the game.What ticks me off is the attitude of so called fans that criticise the game and only complain.

Terry, you seem to have missed the obvious that most being critical are up to their necks in passion and go beyond the call of duty in supporting their club. The problem is these peoiple (we) are disenfranchised with the games ruling body and the direction trhey take it. The common denominators are exclusion and lack of morals. We don't want a guaranteed hand out or SL status, we want the dream and to be part of an inclusive and progressive sport. We love RL but despair at the people who are tasked with leading it.

So if I said yes I would be lying would I.If my club were taken away from SL my opinions would be the same.I'm not blinkered,I love the game for what it is.

Ok if you want to believe that believe it. Like I said easy when you are part of it.

If you are an RFL member club and denied your place in it even when finishing the Champions of the league below then morally it is wrong.

Why ?

Is there no competition apart from $uperleague that doesn't have promotion and relegation or summat ? :mellow:

More foot-stamping ? Why don't some of your players apply for RFL funded jobs ? Doesn't have to be in the Fev area. We've got a player working for the Bulls - so what ?

There's some implication here that players get RFL money for just sitting on their backsides all day, playing their Xboxes. The fact is, it's just another job like teacher, butcher, baker, candlestick maker etc.

Whinge, whinge, whinge .........

Help me out here - which Sheffield players are employed in development roles at any club/area?

Terry, you seem to have missed the obvious that most being critical are up to their necks in passion and go beyond the call of duty in supporting their club. The problem is these peoiple (we) are disenfranchised with the games ruling body and the direction trhey take it. The common denominators are exclusion and lack of morals. We don't want a guaranteed hand out or SL status, we want the dream and to be part of an inclusive and progressive sport. We love RL but despair at the people who are tasked with leading it.

I fully understand that point,it's the people who assume that the fans of SL clubs don't care about clubs oustide of SL.That falls on deaf ears though,some people think their opinion is the only one that is right.

Help me out here - which Sheffield players are employed in development roles at any club/area?

Mitch Stringer, Hendo Henderson at Sheffield, Duane Straugheir at Bradford.

Ok if you want to believe that believe it. Like I said easy when you are part of it.

Like I said,you think my answer is a lie,you are so,so wrong on that point.Would you have the same attitude if the situations were reversed.

What is the reason for asking people to abandon the loyalty to their own team? I'm not sure where this logic ties in.

Because you are knights in shining armour who care more about the game than your clubs. At least that's what you reckon anyway.

Would you have the same attitude if the situations were reversed.

Quite possibley yes. You see the world is full if different opinions, often based on how privilaged they are. I would like to think that I would always look out for the lesser man but I could not guarentee it. To suggest I would is naive.

If you are still narrow minded enough to ignore that fact and think you are proving a point then fine, its your loss. I've got a feeling you probably won't be missed.

I'm absolutely certain I wont be missed gav. I'll live wi it owd cock!

Because you are knights in shining armour who care more about the game than your clubs. At least that's what you reckon anyway.

:rolleyes: and here we go again. This is what it all comes back to.

Because I support the game I love, follow the club I love (a lot less than I would like to) and defend it against naysayers (who are usually people who claim they love RL) then we get sneered at as though we are in the wrong.

If you don;t want to go and watch the game, don't - but don't shout from the rooftops about morals which you have admitted you would abandon in seconds if your team were admitted to Super league. Some morals those!

Quite possibley yes. You see the world is full if different opinions, often based on how privilaged they are. I would like to think that I would always look out for the lesser man but I could not guarentee it. To suggest I would is naive.

Please don't patronise me,i haven't patronised you,please extend me the same courtesy.

The RFL don't make the rules. The clubs make them. The RFL management may - or may not - make recommendations.

Yes the SL clubs make them up plus a few short sited Championship clubs chairman.

Please don't patronise me,i haven't patronised you,please extend me the same courtesy.

Sorry I am honestly not meaning to be patronising. If you think I am maybe we should leave it there. I am just answering your question honestly.

If you are an RFL member club and denied your place in it even when finishing the Champions of the league below then morally it is wrong.

What makes it morally wrong?

And how come your morals change (you know, through refusing to watch SL) if your club manages to get into SL?

I don't mind people's opinions or stances, but if they're going to be so vociferous about them without being able to back them up with logic and facts then it's nothing more than negative moaning stubborn whingy attention seekers sticking their tongues out with their fingers in their ears singing lalalala because they haven't got what they want. Basically, something bratty little children do, not mature and rational adults.

If you can't back it up, don't shout about it.

Because I support the game I love, follow the club I love (a lot less than I would like to) and defend it against naysayers (who are usually people who claim they love RL) then we get sneered at as though we are in the wrong.

If you don;t want to go and watch the game, don't - but don't shout from the rooftops about morals which you have admitted you would abandon in seconds if your team were admitted to Super league. Some morals those!

Defend it against naysayers when you watch a SL club but can't answer why more so called lovers of the game don't put the time into watch London.

Yes I know what morals you have :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry I am honestly not meaning to be patronising. If you think I am maybe we should leave it there. I am just answering your question honestly.

Your answers have been based on your assumption that fans of SL clubs have a "holier than thou" attitude and not based on the answers you have been given.

Defend it against naysayers when you watch a SL club but can't answer why more so called lovers of the game don't put the time into watch London.

Yes I know what morals you have :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jeez - read through your posts and delete some for heaven's sake.

You're beginning to look foolish.

morally wrong?

Is it as morally wrong as tax avoidance by the rich?

Exactly. It's hard to agree with the opinion of someone who is complaining so loudly about something despite later admitting they'd abandon all of these opinions if their club was in the league they "refuse" to watch.

I'm locking this now before anyone gets hurt falling off their high horse. :dry: