Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Honor James

Statement from RFL Chief Executive Nigel Wood

296 posts in this topic

How is Oldham's plight anyone else's fault but there own?

Because Championship 1 has a structure excluding most of the best teams outside of the Championship?

Ive said it before and ill say it again.

I love rugby league me!

Fair enough Robin.

Do you know if Mr. Campbell and Mr. Nahaboo/your BOD want P & R by the way??

As I understand it Batley would refuse promotion?

and that's what I advocate Parky! Opportunity. If I remember correctly Halifax would have refused promotion and taken a cash option some years ago - memory could again be tricking me into talking balls again here??

Winners of the GF = an option to take up a place in SL at the expense of the club finishing bum end??

I haven't a clue about Faishal. I don't know him. Both Mark has advocated for P&R in the past and Andy Prout, a previous CEO was very vocal in the support for a return to P&R. I haven't asked possy but he appears to be working his ar se for a successful licence application. i.e. P&R isn't an option at the mo. so to achieve sl the club have to jump thru the hoops - so he's finding the hoops and jumpin thru em!!

Right..... I have to attend the centre of the universe now. Got Hunslet in a friendly at 1pm!!

"ya better leave town if you only want to mock us.Cos nothing takes the pressure like the fev city rockers"! (Strummer/Jones 1977)

If I remember correctly Halifax would have refused promotion and taken a cash option some years ago - memory could again be tricking me into talking balls again here??

It must be. Halifax haven't ever stated that, you might be thinking of Doncaster the year Widnes were relegated.

Posted · Hidden by John Drake, January 1, 2013 - No reason given

What I do find strange is that a small group of people who are so against SL, International RL and basically the RFL spend so much time on a "RUGBY LEAGUE" message board.

I despise Union but have a keen interest in how my local team are going but wouldn't for one minute join an RU forum

Perhaps, and it's just a thought, you should all f*ck off and watch your own club as you have indicated and stop boring the majority o here who truly love RL

The flatcappers inhabit a world that appears ever stranger each year. I find it hard to reconcile the good memories I have of trips to Featherstone with the backward inbreds who claim to support the club on here.

I love Rugby League at many levels. But as usual, the spin coming from the RFL does nothing for me. I dont think the RFL have a clue and will just agree with the SL clubs instead of the game.Wood and Rimmer are clueless and have no leadership qualities to push the game forward. Wood has not addressed what his plans are or how he and the game will address the problems in the game. I want to know the following

What the RFL intend to do to improve standards both on and off the field in SL and the Championship?

What is the RFL planning to do so that we dont see further SL clubs announce massive money problems?

What is the RFL planning to do, to keep helping the Development of the game at amateur level especially in NE England, Midlands etc?

What is the RFLs plan regarding academy both at SL and Championship level?

How does he and the RFL intend to bring closer the various factions in the game?

I cant see anywhere in this statement or elsewhere that Wood, Rimmer and RFL have any idea on what to do and instead just agree with short term thinking of clubs. I am not alone in thinking Wood and Rimmer are the wrong people to lead our game and I cant see the various problems in the game getting any better. I think the many championship fans that refuse to watch the WC or SL have a problem with the administration of the game not the game itself. I know a number of Championship fans who follow Fev, Fax etc who follow the amateur game or involved in it. I know many amateur players and fans who dont attend ANY pro game what so ever. People like JohnM who call a number of Fev fans, non RL fans is typical of his arrogant attitude and belief the RFL and SL is so great. People have major issues with the RFL and how it does things. The RFL have driven a wedge between certain factions in the game. Instead of trying to mock or make fun of people JohnM and others including the RFL should be looking at why these people think this way and accept/understand why they feel this way.

What I do find strange is that a small group of people who are so against SL, International RL and basically the RFL spend so much time on a "RUGBY LEAGUE" message board.

I despise Union but have a keen interest in how my local team are going but wouldn't for one minute join an RU forum

Perhaps, and it's just a thought, you should all f*ck off and watch your own club as you have indicated and stop boring the majority o here who truly love RL

Why dont you Feck off? These people follow the game at various levels are unhappy with the administration not the game itself.

Mark has advocated for P&R in the past

I have to attend Hunslet in a friendly at 1pm!!

Fair enough, I just think if someone wants P & R or their club to get in SL they should check their BOD want the same. If not moan at them first. Let me know the score today Robin!

(Several abusive/trolling posts removed).

I think it would help if people could try to appreciate other people's sincerely held viewpoints on here without resorting to (or responding to) general insults and deliberate trolling.

It is possible to love the sport without necessarily liking or agreeing with every aspect of how it is run.

Debate your disagreements honestly and openly on here by all means. Perhaps even agree with each other about some things (imagine that!?). But cut out the insults and the trolling, otherwise this thread will just end up being locked as I haven't the time or the patience today to fillet out any more of the acceptable posts from the unacceptable.

Thank you and Happy New Year.

I'll be honest, I completely and utterly do not understand why people who feel so badly about RL the waste their time and energy over it. Seriously, leave the game.

Oh what's that?....its your game and you had it first? :rolleyes:

Boring boring boring. Please leave RL to die if that's what to be, just go away...whatever...do one.

Why dont you Feck off? These people follow the game at various levels are unhappy with the administration not the game itself.

But some people even admit that they have been disillusioned for 20 years or so, yet we have had quite a few different administrations.

Some people are just fans of their club, that's it. That's fine - but don't have a go at people who coach juniors, attend internationals, events, finals etc, simply because the club they support plays in SL.

I want to know the following

1. What the RFL intend to do to improve standards both on and off the field in SL and the Championship?

2. What is the RFL planning to do so that we dont see further SL clubs announce massive money problems?

3. What is the RFL planning to do, to keep helping the Development of the game at amateur level especially in NE England, Midlands etc?

4. What is the RFLs plan regarding academy both at SL and Championship level?

5. How does he and the RFL intend to bring closer the various factions in the game?

Fair set of questions. Anybody seen/know an answer to any of these? Perhaps the RL journos have reported on these questions? Anyone know if the RFL answer such questions to private enquirers??

thanks si!

Happy new Year - now calm down and apologise

:( sigh :(Grow up! You lot will only be happy when the entire game goes #### up. On second thoughts, keep going as you are as you are as an example to generations to come of what it is like to suck lemons morning noon and night. Thank god you are not representative of the many fans of this great game and thank god no one takes you seriously.

Is there any chance of playing your 'so what' game on this thread.

Go on I'll start you off

“ 2013 will be Rugby League’s most Important Year since Super League began, “ says RFL Chief Executive Nigel Wood, as he looks ahead to Rugby League World Cup Year. So what

What I do find strange is that a small group of people who are so against SL, International RL and basically the RFL spend so much time on a "RUGBY LEAGUE" message board..

Maybe because there's a large part of RL outside of those.areas.

But then again as a fan of a SL club you'll be pretty oblivious of the fact that there is a game outside of that.

Pick the bones out of that one!

Pick the bones out of that one instead of posting silly childish faces.

Still waiting Terry, unless him quoting out of a bible is the best he can do.

I'll be honest, I completely and utterly do not understand why people who feel so badly about RL the waste their time and energy over it. Seriously, leave the game.

Oh what's that?....its your game and you had it first? :rolleyes:

Boring boring boring. Please leave RL to die if that's what to be, just go away...whatever...do one.

John, I love the game itself but not how it is run.

If we get into SL by franchising then I will carry on watching my team because I will do at any level. However I will still continue to moan about the way it is run because the RFL need to realise that there is more to the game than SL.

Sorry if you don't like it but this is my opinion and I have the right to carry on venting my frustrations.

Some of these comments, in regard to the World Cup on here are incredible,it's no wonder League struggles at times.

'

I couldn't agree more. Rugby League fans need to support our world cup this year not knock it. Rugby League fans need to support the magic weekend not knock it. Rugby League needs its fans to support their teams home , AND AWAY.

Ian, Robin etc etc....Can't be arsed to try to save an endangered species any more to be honest. In the overall scheme of things, its irrelevant. but you will surely acknowledge that by turning your backs on Internationals and SuperLeague, you are missing out on so much. Indeed, the very success of Featherstone Rovers depends on the good health of the game at all levels, so why cut yourselves off from it, especially as Rovers benefits from it so much.

Still, its now 2013 and I wish the club and its other fans every success in its quest to contribute even more to this great game.