Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Honor James

Statement from RFL Chief Executive Nigel Wood

296 posts in this topic

14 clubs have given themselves an elitest status they far from deserve, the rest of us some famous old clubs left to rot in the lower divisions......

The 14 clubs with the most money out of the 16 who applied got in that was how it was.

There were 4 x A licenses. To me an A licence means you have a viable business plan

a B, a C or rejection means your in various stages of being skint and half the business plan is wishful thinking.

Outside those who applied i.e. the clubs left to rot you'll probably find they are all double skint or treble skint.

Don't get me wrong, your lads must go in SL 2015 it's only fair

Don't get me wrong - I'm happy for P & R to come back.

It may however not turn out to be the utopia people think.

Cc clubs are having to jump through burning fuelled filled hoops to get a sniff of sl.

Sl watch the are se fall out of sl clubs yet their licence remains safe!

Fairness my big ginger botty!!!

I'll take my chance with p&r parky! !

Some posters seem to be getting rather irate and, perhaps, a bit irrational. Championship clubs cannot make it into the 'elite' league? I must have missed something, but I have a vivid recollection of Widnes playing in the Championship a couple of years ago, and I'm pretty sure they were in SL last season.

Where am I going wrong?

edit: Just seen that Bedford Roughyed got here first while I was typing.

Widnes got promotion? Therefore it is possilbe...in theory...

So did Crusaders but jus like Widnes they were placed in and did not earn it.

Mr L T Sidestep,

I support the current World Club Champions and the club who have won 5 of the last 6 Superleague Grand Finals. Please could you, in your wisdom, describe my attitude to Rugby League at all levels.

Thanks, Wiltshire Rhino

Don't give a toss to be honest.

Same as I don't about SL and the World Cup. But then again the likes of Kenny don't think I "truly love RL" because of that... Although, his post seems to have disappeared. Wonder why?

Some posters seem to be getting rather irate and, perhaps, a bit irrational. Championship clubs cannot make it into the 'elite' league? I must have missed something, but I have a vivid recollection of Widnes playing in the Championship a couple of years ago, and I'm pretty sure they were in SL last season.

Where am I going wrong?

edit: Just seen that Bedford Roughyed got here first while I was typing.

See my reply to Bedford Roughyed then.

Franchising and not p & r is one of the reason why I could not give a toss about the World Cup.

Don't give a toss to be honest.

Same as I don't about SL and the World Cup. But then again the likes of Kenny don't think I "truly love RL" because of that... Although, his post seems to have disappeared. Wonder why?

nothing to do with me - I presume John deleted it.

And no you don't truly love rugby league - you love Fev an the league they play in - how can you truly love the game and not want England to win the World Cup for example?

I watch Internationals, Super league, went to the Championship Grand Final and have been heavily involved with Coventry Bears until I moved away. Do you see?

Both you and Jon have used the words in theory and technically, which means it's possible.

In RL at the moment it is impossible, that is the reason why I could not give a damm about the world cup.

I'd say it is more than likely a club like Fev or Leigh will be in the top flight soon-ish. Its far from impossible.

That the whole process (ie licensing) has been handled badly doesn't mean it has not got merit. Its like arguing that we should scrap the cops because people still commit crime.

Nb I probably lean towards p&r FYI.

See my reply to Bedford Roughyed then.

Franchising and not p & r is one of the reason why I could not give a toss about the World Cup.

"They were placed in". Pure semantics. They won the contest that decided who went into SL. More semantics, mine this time.

These arguments really are "You say 'potayto' and I say 'potahto'." Pointless, really.

"They were placed in". Pure semantics. They won the contest that decided who went into SL. More semantics, mine this time.

These arguments really are "You say 'potayto' and I say 'potahto'." Pointless, really.

Disagree, the sport is Rugby League. The contest should be the the game and not how well you can kiss the RFLs but.

And no you don't truly love rugby league - you love Fev an the league they play in - how can you truly love the game and not want England to win the World Cup for example?

I watch Internationals, Super league, went to the Championship Grand Final and have been heavily involved with Coventry Bears until I moved away. Do you see?

Did you not go to the Challenge Cup final, or the Northern Rail cup final? Though you would have seeing as though you truly love RL. Also the Barla Cup final, NCL Grand final etc?

Out of thin air I suppose, more to the point where would the full time players come from?

Widnes have found it hard to find any?

I'm awaiting the RFL's outcome on the structure of the game with baited breath. Will it be 10 & 10 with P & R?

Will it be a retreat to 12 clubs??

When will that change take effect.

If it's from 2015 then we could get a whole load more unpleasantness from the usual sources if the promise to promote a CC club is lost with the 14 club structure.

For some reason fans NL1 clubs who are pro-P&R appear to completely ignore my second paragraph...

We all know what a huge balls-up it was giving Celtic Crusaders a Licence, as they were far far from ready, but Widnes gained their Licence fair and square as they had the structure, stadium and finances in place as well as winning the NR Cup.

For some reason fans NL1 clubs who are pro-P&R appear to completely ignore my second paragraph...

We all know what a huge balls-up it was giving Celtic Crusaders a Licence, as they were far far from ready, but Widnes gained their Licence fair and square as they had the structure, stadium and finances in place as well as winning the NR Cup.

Winning the NR cup with dual reg players then doing naff all for 2 seasons. Yes SL place well earned.

Winning the NR cup with dual reg players then doing naff all for 2 seasons. Yes SL place well earned.

Boo-hoo-hoo... Cry me a river. Where would Fev get the 100s of thousands to survive in SL?...

Lucky for the RFL they did win the NRC as RL and NW had already told SOC they were 100% in anyway:)

I have no doubt that you are correct but I also reckon that SOC would have invested in better players if they did not win the NL cup until that particular box was ticked. So by ticking the box early Widnes fans were treated to mediocre rugby for 2 seasons.

Did you not go to the Challenge Cup final, or the Northern Rail cup final? Though you would have seeing as though you truly love RL. Also the Barla Cup final, NCL Grand final etc?

Challenge cup final no - I was on holiday but have been every year for as long as I can remember and will go next year.

BARLA cup - no, purely down to geography though - I would have gone if I still lived in Yorkshire.

I hope that helps you - in summary I support all levels of RL

Challenge cup final no - I was on holiday but have been every year for as long as I can remember and will go next year.

BARLA cup - no, purely down to geography though - I would have gone if I still lived in Yorkshire.

forgot to say that I watch any televised game - as opposed to the Fev crowd who won;t watch the Word Cup or Super League

What about the Northern Rail Cup final?

Boo-hoo-hoo... Cry me a river. Where would Fev get the 100s of thousands to survive in SL?...

Nice attitude, very similar to the RFLs.

In the response to your 2nd question, you obviousley know very little about my clubs current state.

What about the Northern Rail Cup final?

Meant to say that my location hinders that one too - watched it on telly though and loved it.

Is that OK?

As for any other fixtures that you can come up with, the answer will be the same - I have a genuine love of all levels of RL but can't actually go to as many games as I'd like - I really hope this is ok for you.

Oh and I've registered as a volunteer for the RLWC 2013 as I truly love the game

Your hilarious.

You're a 'true fan' because you watch (notice you don't say attend?) Internationals, Super league, went to the Championship Grand Final and have been heavily involved with Coventry Bears, yet poor me who attends many CC and CC1 games both involving and not involving Fev, have been to most NL/CC grand finals for the past 15 years or so, NRC finals, watches amatuer RL isn't?

And why would I want England to win the World Cup - I'm not English, nor of any nationality taking part :D

Meant to say that my location hinders that one too - watched it on telly though and loved it.

Is that OK?

As for any other fixtures that you can come up with, the answer will be the same - I have a genuine love of all levels of RL but can't actually go to as many games as I'd like - I really hope this is ok for you.

Oh and I've registered as a volunteer for the RLWC 2013 as I truly love the game

But you don't love it enough to travel for it. So just really an arm chair fan really. Oh well. You are no more of a fan than the other people posting on here.

I must've missed that bit in the forum rules saying "Only positive postings allowed and posts making any suggestion other than the game is wonderful, it's management the best in the world and the world cup will rival the olympics will be treated as treason"!!!! :rolleyes:!!

I don't share your enthusiasm for the statement in the OP! C'est la vie!

Stop talking sense Parky. You especially should know by now that this isn't what these forums are for.