Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ramstieidie

Buchanan and Spaven take captaincy roles

12 posts in this topic

What does everyone think of Austin and Scott being given the duties? (source: League Express)

Is this official or just your opinion?

Still not convinced about spaven as a player and austin might not be back for half the season depending on how his reconstruction goes - should have been spicer I reckon.

Think it is all good with those two as captains, spaven has experience as a captain, with him being captain for 3 years at hull kr's academy.

Its a normal thing to do with Australia clubs to have a club captain,a face for behind the scenes with sponsors,then having a playing captain on the pitch,i'm surprised we have gone down that road,but its a new start for the mighty rams,so it could work.

Think Spicer should have been the captain

Think Spicer should have been the captain

Rob is a class player, but I've never seen say a word on the field. I firmly believe that we need an Adam Hayes type of captain, but suspect we haven't got one. Spaven certainly doesn't fit into this category. Austin is the closest we have had in the last few years. Not sure of the new boys, but of course most of them lack experience.

Its a normal thing to do with Australia clubs to have a club captain,a face for behind the scenes with sponsors,then having a playing captain on the pitch,i'm surprised we have gone day that road,but its a new start for the mighty rams,so it could work.

I'm pretty sure we have Had a club captain and team captain in the past!