Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ramstieidie

Dewsbury Rams 23 Halifax 10 - discuss the match here

80 posts in this topic

Your halves were easily on top hence bringing the backs in seemingly at will... even when your 6 went off for a spell!

Great game today, thought the whole team played well and looked enthusiastic against a good Halifax side.Half backs we're much improved today thought last kick lets us down.Lillycrop and Aizue great in spells but for me Tonks,Hepworth and Spicer were fantastic keeping going all game worked harder, ran harder and tackled better, look forward to more of the same next week

WELL DONE LADS

Great game today, thought the whole team played well and looked enthusiastic against a good Halifax side.Half backs we're much improved today thought last kick lets us down.Lillycrop and Aizue great in spells but for me Tonks,Hepworth and Spicer were fantastic keeping going all game worked harder, ran harder and tackled better, look forward to more of the same next week

WELL DONE LADS

some very good posts already. Thought Hepworth & Liilycrop were outstanding. Rob Spicer looking more like his old self and even Spav and Coleman made a couple of good breaks and Brown showing great promise. Think Tebb will have a massive season and Hale had a really strong game at centre. Aizue looks much fitter than we were lead to believe and was it me or did Tommy look like he had lost a few pounds since boxing day....?

Superb performance, well worth £10. Even the missus went today because it was a tenner; please keep it the same for next week.

With Handforth and Thackray at 6 and 7 Fax will struggle. And now Penky has gone we have no idea at 9 by the look of things. Fax just have a set of big forwards- but the game has moved on and I dont think Harrison has to be honest. And the same failings from last year look to be still there despite new players coming in. Laughton the clown was bad so I hear for both sides but thats nothing new. Dewsbury are dark horses and have recruited well both players and coaches. I would not be surprised if you finish in the top 4.

Thought todays team as a whole played really well, the kick and chase was vastly improved on last weeks game and to say Halifax were poor would be an injustice in just how good the Dewsbury defence was. Halifax weren't allowed to get any rhythm or roll going all game Glenn must have got his message over to the lads through this weeks training sessions and be pleased with the result on the pitch. Still things to work on but then again improving is on going you never stop.

How full strength was this Fax side.

Looks like Nanyn and Tonks were the only first teamers missing.

Rettie tonka injured so wouldn't have played - sheriffe signed to cover rettie - and played

Murrell rested

Morrison nanyn longer term re-hab but maybe not 1st choice anyway

Worrincy just got married apparently

If that was the first league game I reckon only Worrincy n murrel'sinclusion would be diffrrent

Robin, hope you enjoyed yourself today. You and your mates at Fev will always be made to feel welcome when your lads don't have a game.

Murrell's injured, as I understand it. Scaphoid.

Looks like Nanyn and Tonks were the only first teamers missing.

This comes up every time we or anyone beats another side they weren't expected to.

The fact is those boys were put out in Halifax jerseys and we beat them, ergo we beat Halifax.

Those who ask what strenght the side was etc are just looking to dampen the victory. We played Halifax and beat them, simple.

Defensivly the Rams were very good but I thought Fax were poor. I will credit Dewsbury for the win for massing in the tackle and generally being more interested. I thought Aizue, spicer and Spavin went well and saw Gallagher off load from the tackle numerous times. I was also surprised Coleman got MOM he threw 3 or 4 passes to no one but the floor!

All in all not a bad game and good value at a tenner. I have to say though looking from the seats (thought I try the posh side as it too was a tenner) I was surprised how few Rams shirts I could see in comparison to the Blue & White of Fax. Perhaps the Rams thought it too cold to unbotton their coats?

We still have Ben Jones, Austin Buchanan and Dario Esposito to come in.

Esposito should play against Bradford.

Defensivly the Rams were very good but I thought Fax were poor. I will credit Dewsbury for the win for massing in the tackle and generally being more interested. I thought Aizue, spicer and Spavin went well and saw Gallagher off load from the tackle numerous times. I was also surprised Coleman got MOM he threw 3 or 4 passes to no one but the floor!

All in all not a bad game and good value at a tenner. I have to say though looking from the seats (thought I try the posh side as it too was a tenner) I was surprised how few Rams shirts I could see in comparison to the Blue & White of Fax. Perhaps the Rams thought it too cold to unbotton their coats?

It might have escaped your attention PM, but some of us don't look all that good in a replica shirt - bit like john prescott wearing white trainers and hipster jeans. So yes, many of us had our coats, longjohns and everything else buttoned up. :rolleyes: Thought the match was won largely by the rams defence - that's the first time for donkeys years I've seen us looking organised, structured and commited in that department. For me rob spicer was head and shoulders the best player on the field in both attack and defence and should have had the MOM. Thought of the new recruits, morton and lillicrop looked useful, coleman showed some creativity, and aizue could be a big asset if he gets fit. To me though, in attack the "kids" were competent without looking outstanding (Mathew tebb looked far more dangerous than wright) and it was the old guard that took the eye. Reckon we could do with a bit more pace in the outside backs, and I still remain to be convinced about spaven, but all in all, I think we can look forward to the season with a good deal of optimism, based on our defence alone.

I'm afraid fax, without penky, could struggle to make top four.

No Piggy. For once I have to agree with you. There were very few Rams fans in the South Stand. Not sure why, maybe they had decided to take the advantage of seats at a tenner?

Got to agree with most on here a vast improvement on Boxing Day, the halfs looked sharp, until Brown was injured, and the defence worked as a unit, not bad for their second game.

Excellent game to watch but my man of the match would be Rob Spicer

I was dissapointed with our home crowd today, loads of the regulars chose not to come for 1 reason or another with it been a friendly and alot of fans skint from christmas but all will be back for the league .It is worth noting though that rams fans have 3 sections of the southstand we cover, while the away fans usualy cover just 2 sections of our southstand.

Sorry to say that I was missing due to late family commitments - nothing to do with money, just time.

I will also miss a few home games.....................but i've still bought a season ticket. :rolleyes:

Sorry to say that I was missing due to late family commitments - nothing to do with money, just time.

I will also miss a few home games.....................but i've still bought a season ticket. :rolleyes:

Arn't Timeshare's a bummer

Arn't Timeshare's a bummer

So I've heard - glad I don't have one. ;)

It was good to see our half backs taking the line on and even making clean breaks. Can't remember the last time I saw that.

Another much improved performance on Sunday from Boxing Day.We made a very good Halifax side look a poor side.First time in a long time that Paul Handforth was kept out of his comfort zone.The player who's standing out so far for me is Lillycrop,another Steve Crossley in the making!!.Leave him alone Featherstone :angry:

And who is the Dewsbury reporter in the League Express? Says Fax have several missing!

I see Dane Manning got two matches for the incident that was put on report.

Another much improved performance on Sunday from Boxing Day.We made a very good Halifax side look a poor side.First time in a long time that Paul Handforth was kept out of his comfort zone.The player who's standing out so far for me is Lillycrop,another Steve Crossley in the making!!.Leave him alone Featherstone :angry:

Then again, Lilycrop chose us over Batley and Featherstone.