Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ramstieidie

Dewsbury Rams 23 Halifax 10 - discuss the match here

80 posts in this topic

Admission prices for tomorrow's match against Halifax, which kicks off at 3.00pm, have been slashed.

Adults can gain admission to either stand for just £10, while it's £5 for concessions and £2 for kids.

Admission prices for tomorrow's match against Halifax, which kicks off at 3.00pm, have been slashed.

Adults can gain admission to either stand for just £10, while it's £5 for concessions and £2 for kids.

Can someone remind me what constitutes a concession? My lad is 17, but still in full time education. Does that count or will he need to pay the full price ?

I'm fairly sure that a student with valid student ID counts as a concession. Call the club on 01924 465489 before you set off tomorrow to check.

I'm fairly sure that a student with valid student ID counts as a concession. Call the club on 01924 465489 before you set off tomorrow to check.

Cheers Tom.

I think, after the let down of Boxing day, this is a good move by the club.

Many casual fans will be thinking "shiite, cant be arsed after boxing day" But this lower price might (and hopefully will) coax them back. And though I dont expect us to win tomorrow, there is a huge difference between a load of hungover blokes freezing their asses off whilst running uphil in Batley, and a friendly with one of the stronger sides in the league on the 6th January.

Looking forward more to this than I was boxing day.

Am I correct in assuming 3pm ko?

robin , if you are coming over today and in the main stand , pop into the control room in the middle top and introduce yourself as i would like to meet you .

Many casual fans will be thinking "shiite, cant be arsed after boxing day" But this lower price might (and hopefully will) coax them back. And though I dont expect us to win tomorrow, there is a huge difference between a load of hungover blokes freezing their asses off whilst running uphil in Batley, and a friendly with one of the stronger sides in the league on the 6th January.

Damn this smart phone!!

FF lets see how much u look forward to this wen fax give u a hammering. Even i shall be there to enjoy your drubbing

Damn this smart phone!!

I'm sure the 'phone's just as smart as it ever was. :dry:

i only noticed worrincy and murell missing from name players . fax were never at the races and were lucky to not lose by more having crossed in the last minute .There looks to be plenty of scope for improvement in this rams squad

How full strength was this Fax side.

fieldhouse,sheriffe,tyrer,heaton,patterson,handforth,thackerey,ambler,ashall,davies,manning,divorty,robinson

subs, ashall, bracek,barlow,casey,wood,walker,holden

not many missing from their full side

Damn this smart phone!!

FF lets see how much u look forward to this wen fax give u a hammering. Even i shall be there to enjoy your drubbing

Well....

Thanks for helping support Dewsbury rams with your admission :)

Great result Rams, well done

According to a poster on the fax site crowd 1066 made up of 1000 from fax and 66 from Dews , oh and Robin and an odd Wigan fan ????

Much improved from boxing day. Nullified the fax forrads ... moreover got on top of yhem in the second afe. Kept Handforth out of the game and the kick/chase which was non-existent boxing day wss just spot on today.

Most enjoyable tenners worth!

Fev were represented by four of us. Good craic and a thoroughly enjoyable game!

Given the hapless effort boxing day, dews impressed no end today.

I love rugby in this league. Even if we went up id stil support this league. Buzzin today.

excellent stuff rams, dare i say it.

Thought a big hiding was on the cards and It goes to show that now and again a youthful entusiastic performance outweighs an expensive senior set up!

Very impressive today, lots of enthusiasm and vastly improved from Boxing Day. Thought Hepworth, Spicer, Aizue and lillycrop ran very well and tackling was spot on. Coleman looked a lot sharper today, with Gallagher you have to wonder how good he would be if was in better shape. Thought Halifax were very poor

Negatives thought were goal kicking looks a bit dicey, both Halifax and Batley were more effective at "controlling the play the ball" or holding down in the tackle in old money. We need to do similar if the ref allows it. We lacked a bot of composure when attacking, trying to push passes. Once the season proper starts doubt we will score as many tries diving over from acting half.

But loads better than Boxing Day.

The lads were excellent today, especially in defence. Fax just weren't allowed to get into the game apart from a brief 10 min spell in the second half. Superb performances throughout the team. Lillycrop will just get better and better and Brown looks like he could be a great catch. MOM today was difficult, I know Coleman won it but my vote would have gone to Hepworth who didn't put a foot wrong. Bit worried about Schofield though he doesn't seem to have any confidence in himself.