Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goingupthetown

Who's Available?

59 posts in this topic

Just booked my seats for the trip to Widnes on sunday, looking forward to seeing some of our new signings. Just wondering which of our squad will be available? any ideas.................

I would say it will be the likes of carter miller Mossop Morris calderwood c.phillips b.phillips Matty coward dowes Walne. I know we have injures still

Oh so not gonna have many players then

Thacks an Morris banned, Elliot, matty, stack, Rooney, Dawes, Lupton all injured

Just booked my seats for the trip to Widnes on sunday, looking forward to seeing some of our new signings. Just wondering which of our squad will be available? any ideas.................

Had a head count and got it down to the following;

Carter

walne

Coyle

Calders

Forber

C.Phillips

B.Phillips

Dowes

Mossop

Coward

Shacks

Cotter

Can't think of anyone else, maybe a few trialist's??

Hasn't Brett C been laid low with a virus for the past couple of weeks?

Great chance for widnes to see all of their squad !!

I heard that all friendlys count as one match of there ban

It doesn't matter whether your team has only one or four friendlies it only knocks one match off your ban length. So the ban carries on in to the league matches.

i just think all the lads that are banned will play.It will reduce all the lads that are banned by one seems to make sense to me?????.

abu, they can't play in any games if they are banned. If Town had four friendly matches they would not be able to play in them but it would only knock 1 game off their suspension total. Jamie Acton got 4 matches and 1 match will be knocked off that total in the pre-season. The other 3 will be in league matches.

That seems a very odd rule Keith

It's to stop clubs working it so that players wipe the slate clean before the league matches start. The bans are usually given for what occurred in a league or cup match and only those will count for the ban except for the one they are allowed to knock off for pre-season warm up games.

RFL Operational Rules D2.30

I think what Rockerlad is saying and forgive me if I've picked it up wrong is that for instance in Football a player may be banned domestically but can still play in Europe, so should the banned players not be allowed to play in any warm up that isn't knocking anything off their ban?

Clarification (I hope). RFL Operational Rules: The following game can count towards any suspension:

D 2.28 (d) One pre-season (warm up)) game which has been sanctioned by the RFL. Other than that: D 2.30 If a player is suspended for a stated number of matches, the suspended player shall not play in any game or enter the pitch, bench or surrounding area in any capacity until his suspension is terminated.

Had a head count and got it down to the following;

Carter

walne

Coyle

Calders

Forber

C.Phillips

B.Phillips

Dowes

Mossop

Coward

Shacks

Cotter

Can't think of anyone else, maybe a few trialist's??

Bainbridge ?