Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kenilworth Tiger

Break in at Wish Communications stadium (Castleford)

24 posts in this topic

Little #######

Agreed, though the headline of "Stadium Theft Confirmed" implies that their stadium has been stolen

Agreed, though the headline of "Stadium Theft Confirmed" implies that their stadium has been stolen

That's not how I read it

Thieves broke into their trophy room too.

Police are asking if anyone is offered a yellow and black carpet to report it to them.

( sorry but you can't beat the old jokes)

Perhaps the cabling is for the scoreboard some toe rag nicked from Belle Vue two years ago.

Perhaps the cabling is for the scoreboard some toe rag nicked from Belle Vue two years ago.

Did they get anyone for that? :wink:

it's a kick in the guts. we had some steelwork nicked from the new stands. something needs to be done about these lowlifes.

I thought for a minute you had written "something needs to be done about lowfiield"!

Sadly, this sort of theft will go on ad infinitum.

Everybody knows who's doing it yet nothing ever gets done about it.

Perhaps if we had a Police force with spine, then thefts like this might become history.

Sorry, this sort of rant should be on AOB.

I feel angry about this. I work on the railway and I have to deal with, every week the damage & disruption caused by cable theft.

Some people think it is a "victimless crime" - it certainly is not.

My best wishes to Tigers - I hope the damage is not too bad and can be cheaply & quickly repaired.

####,pure and simple.

On the bright side,they won't need to run cable to the home side of the scoreboard it never gets used anyway.

####,pure and simple.

On the bright side,they won't need to run cable to the home side of the scoreboard it never gets used anyway.

it's a kick in the guts. we had some steelwork nicked from the new stands. something needs to be done about these lowlifes.

Low life's!

I remember some one on the Fev 'Stadium Improvement' thread warning that this might happen when the 'new' stands were laid out on the training pitch.

There are so many people out there who will steal anything to make a few quid that if you caught one another would immediately replace him, I smiled when that idiot got burnt in 2011 when he ripped up live electricity cabling but we probably spent a fortune on his medical treatment and disability benefits for the rest of his life.

Not good. It's a pain, and the railways in the area are forever being targetted. Hopefully the other two clubs won't be targetted and the culprits caught and punished accordingly. :angry:

The problem with these live-wires is that even if they're charged, they'll be straight back on to the circuit in no time; the only thing you can do is isolate them, and hope that they switch their behaviour to something more positive.

Either way, good luck to Cas - this might be the jolt they need to start the season with a bang.

Bren2K

Truly shocking !!

Terrible thing to happen. Hopefully something of interest to the police can turn up on traffic CCTV.

Why leave expensive products around over the festive period??

Open invite........thieves are opportunists!!

Club media release

Following the recent and very public theft of cable at the Wish Communications Stadium and a number of subsequent attempted break-ins, the Castleford Tigers have stepped up security and joined with the local Police to ensure that the ground is protected.

Castleford Tigers’ CEO Steve Ferres said, “It is a sad day when a community club such as Castleford is forced to spend its scarce resources protecting itself from certain individuals who believe the law does not apply to them. I wish to make it clear that we will not tolerate further thefts and are working hard with Inspector David Bugg and his team to ensure that Police patrol the site frequently.

“We have also taken the decision to engage private security and are indebted to the team at Fox Security Northern UK Limited who have stepped in at short notice to provide us with a further layer of protection. Fox Security is led by David Battye, a lifelong fan of the Tigers, and his willingness to help us out reassures me that, despite the efforts of some criminals, the community spirit is alive and well.”

Inspector Bugg from West Yorkshire Police said, “Castleford NPT recognise that Castleford Tigers is the heart and soul of this town and we have been working closely with the club to provide a more positive, proactive and community-oriented service to the people of Castleford. We have increased our patrols around the ground and provided expert security advice to the club. This has only served to strengthen our desire to forge even closer relationships with the club, and we are looking to organise many more match day initiatives to bring the Police, the club and the Castleford community closer together”.

“It is always disappointing to see the club being targeted by thieves in this way, as it has a real knock on affect for the whole of the town. We will leave no stone unturned in unstinting desire to catch those responsible, bring them to justice and prevent future such incidences. We would as always appeal to anybody who may have information to come forward, by either calling 101, or reporting to Crimestoppers free on 0800 555 111.

This is your club, your town, and with your help we can make it a safer place for every resident"

Claire Lakhera

Media Manager, Castleford Tigers