Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

l'angelo mysterioso

Mac Books

9 posts in this topic

bought a new laptop just before christmas.

Bag o ####-don't ask

took it back and swapped it for a mac book.

a different world

Bag o ####-don't ask

a different world

Some cracking photo apps in the App Store if you've not found them already from throw away 69p fun stuff to some pretty heavy hitting and decent stuff like Camera Bag 2 that still only costs £10.

Some cracking photo apps in the App Store if you've not found them already from throw away 69p fun stuff to some pretty heavy hitting and decent stuff like Camera Bag 2 that still only costs £10.

dead right I've been reading an article about them in a camera mag. I like the look of one called gimp

Bag o ####-don't ask

a different world

Aye, once you go mac, you never go back. I get free Microsoft software through work so I had a dabble over the Christmas period with Windows 8. By jove that is a balls up and a half. I have a friend who writes manuals and software for MS, he told me about a year ago what a clusterfudge it was. Going back to windows 7 seems like its 5 years behind OSX. I've also installed the latest Ubuntu on my Macbook, can't believe they have ditched gnome and gone for some awful UI.

I have a macbook pro - a present from my little bruv about six months ago. Can't understand head nor tail of it after so many years of microsoft.

I have a macbook pro - a present from my little bruv about six months ago. Can't understand head nor tail of it after so many years of microsoft.

must say I'm having that problem. I'm typing gthis on my old laptop-not the one I took back. But I can see the sense of it, and I'm sure I'll get the hang of it.

A few things to note about macs.

- The x button in the top left of the application window does not close the application, just the window. The application will still be running in the background (and will appear in the dock). To close an application right click on the dock item and select quit, or click on the application name in the menu bar and select quit (or +q)

- Keyboard shortcuts use command key () and not the ctrl key.

- Install alfred (http://www.alfredapp.com/), it's fantastic.

Watch out for the charger unit - it gets really hot, so watch where you place it when charging.