Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old Frightful

Caught by the Police using hand held phone while driving?

9 posts in this topic

3 penalty points?

£60 fine?

£95 considerate driver course?

Or "suitable words of advice by a Senior Police Officer"... :angry: :angry:

What a tw*t!

This is standard practice by the Met so I'm not surprised other forces do similar.

It's too much hassle to properly enforce the rules.

Even for non senior police officers.

I did a little research and found out two things, he wasn't 'caught by police', he was seen and reported by a member of the public. And as the wording of the act says you 'must be seen by police committing the offence', and he wasn't, so there is nothing the police can do, other than accept the word of a member of the public (which they seem to have done) over their politicaly imposed master, and have given him words of advice. It was either words of advice or do nothing. They did something and still get criticised.

Hadn't heard of this person before, but reading some of the stories in the papers, have to agree with Old Faithful - What a Tw*t. (It was twit, wasn't it?)

I did a little research and found out two things, he wasn't 'caught by police', he was seen and reported by a member of the public. And as the wording of the act says you 'must be seen by police committing the offence', and he wasn't, so there is nothing the police can do, other than accept the word of a member of the public (which they seem to have done) over their politicaly imposed master, and have given him words of advice. It was either words of advice or do nothing. They did something and still get criticised.

Hadn't heard of this person before, but reading some of the stories in the papers, have to agree with Old Faithful - What a Tw*t. (It was twit, wasn't it?)

The Humber Bridge has CCTV Cameras, did the Police think it too much trouble to nail him on video perhaps?

Oh, and who is "Old Faithful".... :huh:

3 penalty points?

£60 fine?

£95 considerate driver course?

Or "suitable words of advice by a Senior Police Officer"... :angry: :angry:

Can I vote for summary execution?

Can I vote for summary execution?

Nope. I can't wait that long.

Nope. I can't wait that long.

On the spot fine for that one, mate.

Oh, and who is "Old Faithful".... :huh:

seniormoment.jpg