Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sidnee

£££££££ Fev receiving 7 figure investment £££££££

345 posts in this topic

Do you know there is a deal left unfulfilled??

See posts 239 and 240. You may have misread them.

And Rawmarsh is in the West Riding. South Yorkshire doesn't exist. B)

so it's another 13 pages of ###### based on something someone has heard..................i think the words attention seekers spring to mind for some featherstone fans on this forum.

so it's another 13 pages of ###### based on something someone has heard..................i think the words attention seekers spring to mind for some featherstone fans on this forum.

No, its 13 pages of speculation as to the exact nature of the investment/involvement( with the usual drift) based upon on the record public statements by the chief exec & commercial manager of the club.

I'm mildy amused that a Widnes fan should be irked by it. I've said it before but your club wrote the manual for this approach. Be flattered that it has been thought worthy of immitation ;)

....followed by a defiant, teary-eyed “We’ll be back!” style post in a relegation thread a year later.

Look, I don’t mean to be nasty to any of you Fev lot as you seem good spirited sorts who get behind your club but can we please please please have a grown-up Super League that the sport can be proud of and that gives soccer and rugby union a genuine run for its money? This guy sounds like a chancer just bouncing around the West Yorks RL also-rans determined to drum up a bit of press and public goodwill to me. BUT….let’s assume best case scenario and he does pump free money into Fev – it’s just an even more extreme case of the HKR scenario of pouring money into a black hole. He’d be better served getting other business heads of the area together to come up with a more sustainable blueprint for Super League RL in the area, namely a joint Cas/Fev bid with maybe even Wakey in there too. An amalgamation of all the small market West Yorkshire talents. Now that WOULD be worth shouting about.

In the meantime, put me down as skeptical, unmoved and deeply concerned by the lack of ambition within the sport in the UK.

How do you know that they would go down immediately. Did Castleford, Hull KR or Huddersfield go down after their most recent promotions. Widnes, knowing they were guaranteed 3 years and building accordingly only finished bottom on point difference. It wouls surely be a struggle for Featherstone but would it be any more of a struggle than at London, Salford, Widnes or Castleford. Some get promoted and yo yo, some don't. That's a stupid statement to make.

You might think amalgamation is the holy grail for SL but it was a mixed bag when tried in the NRL and there is NO support for it in the UK so stop whittering.

What I'll put you down as is a SL isolationist, ring fence supporter of the worst " I,m alright Jack" mentality.

Don't forget, if you support a Superleague club, all your opinions and arguments are automatically rendered invalid, because they are based on greed and a secret agenda to bring about the demise of all Championship clubs. :rolleyes:

That's a bit harsh. 13 pages of it maybe (and probably another 13 to come :lol: ), but it's not just the Fev fans attention seeking. It's drawn more of them out than other threads maybe, but what would you expect on a thread about the club? I suspect any club based thread would be the same.

He’d be better served getting other business heads of the area together to come up with a more sustainable blueprint for Super League RL in the area, namely a joint Cas/Fev bid with maybe even Wakey in there too. An amalgamation of all the small market West Yorkshire talents. Now that WOULD be worth shouting about.

That's just added another 15 pages to the already bloated thread

I am the op and it is based on something I was told by the most reliable source possible. As for attention seekers..... from widnes fan, thats rich!!!!

....followed by a defiant, teary-eyed “We’ll be back!” style post in a relegation thread a year later.

Look, I don’t mean to be nasty to any of you Fev lot as you seem good spirited sorts who get behind your club but can we please please please have a grown-up Super League that the sport can be proud of and that gives soccer and rugby union a genuine run for its money? This guy sounds like a chancer just bouncing around the West Yorks RL also-rans determined to drum up a bit of press and public goodwill to me. BUT….let’s assume best case scenario and he does pump free money into Fev – it’s just an even more extreme case of the HKR scenario of pouring money into a black hole. He’d be better served getting other business heads of the area together to come up with a more sustainable blueprint for Super League RL in the area, namely a joint Cas/Fev bid with maybe even Wakey in there too. An amalgamation of all the small market West Yorkshire talents. Now that WOULD be worth shouting about.

In the meantime, put me down as skeptical, unmoved and deeply concerned by the lack of ambition within the sport in the UK.

a grown-up Super League that the sport can be proud of. who are you, rip van winkle. how long have you been asleep. superleague clubs are falling like ninepins, how can Featherstone do any worse.

Don't forget, if you support a Superleague club, all your opinions and arguments are automatically rendered invalid, because they are based on greed and a secret agenda to bring about the demise of all Championship clubs. :rolleyes:

You are not too far off the truth. They are not bent on the demise of CC clubs. They are bent on keeping them all without exception from feeding at the SL table. The agenda is not so secret either. This is the group that was for keeping the Crusaders in SL.

You are not too far off the truth. They are not bent on the demise of CC clubs. They are bent on keeping them all without exception from feeding at the SL table. The agenda is not so secret either. This is the group that was for keeping the Crusaders in SL.

The trouble with feeding at the $uperleague table is that it doesn't, of itself, provide enough snap to prevent everyone from feeling hungry. You also need a table of your own.

The trouble with feeding at the $uperleague table is that it doesn't, of itself, provide enough snap to prevent everyone from feeling hungry. You also need a table of your own.

Agreed. Please see " Standards" " Criteria" etc etc.

Agreed. Please see " Standards" " Criteria" etc etc.

:mellow:

In what context ?

a grown-up Super League that the sport can be proud of. who are you, rip van winkle. how long have you been asleep. superleague clubs are falling like ninepins, how can Featherstone do any worse.

couldn't agree more.

However, I dont really care about the opinion of some kr fan.

A deal is signed to put rovers in prime position for a licence next time round. That'll do to be going on wi.

couldn't agree more.

However, I dont really care about the opinion of some kr fan.

A deal is signed to put rovers in prime position for a licence next time round. That'll do to be going on wi.

Pride.

Fall.

I'll live wi it.

And I apologise to no-one for feeling some pride in my club.

And I apologise to no-one for feeling some pride in my club.

Would you allow the same for fans of SL clubs then,instead of running them down?

"However, I dont really care about the opinion of some kr fan."

I don't run them down. If you have pride in your club, great.

I just abstain from watching sl.

I don't run them down. If you have pride in your club, great.

I just abstain from watching sl.

So you won't watch Featherstone if they play in SL? ;)

How is that running them down!?

Ah - that's where the whole anti-$uperleague movement crumbles.

Put thi spoon away Richie you sh it stirrer!

of course I will. I will watch fev at whatever level they play. But I would continue to abstain from all other sspects of sl, preferring to continue my support for the cc whilst ever this devisive unfair system remains.

That's just how I am.

How is that running anyone down??

But this thread isn't about p&r. It's aboit fev signing a fabulous deal. I'm chuffed to bits with it