Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sidnee

£££££££ Fev receiving 7 figure investment £££££££

345 posts in this topic

It makes you wonder what Farrell, Betts, Clarke, Offiah, Goulding, Newlove, Robinson, Connolly etc got dropped through their letterbox. . .

Newlove would have got nowt, they knew he wouldn't get on a plane. :D

Newlove would have got nowt, they knew he wouldn't get on a plane. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Which Newlove was it that played in PNG, Australia and New Zealnd in 1992? ;)

It's great news if/when Fev gets more funding, but with the town having a population of only 16,000, is that a limiting factor to the club's growth? Can supporters be drawn from outside of the town, and, if so, would that have an impact on Cas and Wakey?

It's great news if/when Fev gets more funding, but with the town having a population of only 16,000, is that a limiting factor to the club's growth? Can supporters be drawn from outside of the town, and, if so, would that have an impact on Cas and Wakey?

Yes, they have supporters in Sharlston, Ackworth and Rawmarsh.

Back on topic its fantastic if it comes off, its about time Rovers took on the rugby world again, iv seen us win the lot would like my son to have the same opportunity

Yes, they have supporters in Sharlston, Ackworth and Rawmarsh.

And Las Palmas, etc....

Featherstone is and always will be the team of Pontefract so the pulling power is pretty good dont be fooled by the low population of the town, we also draw massively from Knottingley, we would do ok for crowds im certain of that

And Las Palmas, etc....

Bloody expansion teams.

'Rosehill on the haugh' if you don't mind!!!

Bloody expansion teams.

It's the only way we'll ever get into super league.......................

oh hang on...... :D

Jeez, you go away for the weekend to a place with no internet and Fev go and announce the biggest piece of news we've had since 1983. I think I'll go away more often.

Absoultely mind blowing news for the club and it's fans. Happy Days.

Jeez, you go away for the weekend to a place with no internet and Fev go and announce the biggest piece of news we've had since 1983. I think I'll go away more often.

Absoultely mind blowing news for the club and it's fans. Happy Days.

It isn't news, its rumour.

It depends what the money is for, what strings are attached, if it materializes and if it does how much in reality the amount is.

At the moment its still an internet rumour.

Not sure it's a rumour, it's on the club's facebook page, announced by none other than the club's commercial manager. No details admittedly, just the fact that FN is making a significant investment.

I await the detail of the deal with interest.

It was released officially by the club last night on its FB page Padge. £1m investment confirmed with more news to come over the next few days.

From the club's facebook page:

Facebook Exclusive : Amidst rumours, Featherstone Rovers are in a position to

announce the imminent great news that proven UK entrepreneur and PROBIZ

Founder, Feisal Nahaboo will become a significant shareholder alongside

Chairman Mark Campbell in the club within the next five days.

... Feisal Nahaboo said "Leading Featherstone Rovers into Super League is now

my number one goal along with Mark Campbell. To turn a traditional clublike Rovers into a force in the sport again will be a remarkableachievement and we will give it our best efforts."

The club expect to make a further announcement by the close of the week.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/2264073731/

Not sure it's a rumour, it's on the club's facebook page, announced by none other than the club's commercial manager. No details admittedly, just the fact that FN is making a significant investment.

I await the detail of the deal with interest.

It was released officially by the club last night on its FB page Padge

Without details its rumour.

The OP claimed, and he may be right, a 7 figure sum is involved, the Facebook content mentions nothing of the sort.

I'm not trying to be critical of the club, but supporters can run away with these things. Until there is some detail all the froth around a vague announcement is rumour.

From the club's facebook page:

Facebook Exclusive : Amidst rumours, Featherstone Rovers are in a position to

announce the imminent great news that proven UK entrepreneur and PROBIZ

Founder, Feisal Nahaboo will become a significant shareholder alongside

Chairman Mark Campbell in the club within the next five days.

... Feisal Nahaboo said "Leading Featherstone Rovers into Super League is now

my number one goal along with Mark Campbell. To turn a traditional clublike Rovers into a force in the sport again will be a remarkableachievement and we will give it our best efforts."

The club expect to make a further announcement by the close of the week.

https://www.facebook...ups/2264073731/

Where does it mention a 7 figure sum?

Nobody is going to disagree about what the fans on the terrace thought.

They didnt sacrifice league position for the cup though, they were 10th!

But perhaps if they'd put more effort into league games, targeted them as the phrase is now, and not bothered with the cup games they'd have been higher up the league when the crunch came. As it was the relegation trap door opened and there was nothing they could do to escape. It was bad at the time, but who knew that there would be no quick way back?

It's probably been said a million times, but it's a huge mistake to assume that the town of Featherstone is the club's only source of fans.

There's a surrounding population of at least 60,000, but probably way in excess of that, who will identify with the rovers rather than our "bigger" neighbours.

The thing is, as Padge has already said, the system is clearly working., though the next few days seems to have been replaced by the end of the week. sounds like good news to me, though will it be enough to remove the moral chips from the shoulder of some on here?

At this moment in time it is rumoured to be a 7 figure sum!

Corrected for accuracy, whether it is or isn't is neither here nor there. However...