Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sidnee

£££££££ Fev receiving 7 figure investment £££££££

345 posts in this topic

Can't say I'm surprised, blue and white never did it for me either.

You're still scarred by that day, 30 years on aren't you? :D

Ian mark is a very good business man he wouldn't be where he is if he wasn't. Mark wouldnt make this deal if it wasn't in the best interest of our club and for him. This deal will be a real success for us.

Gaz, I am not for one minute criticising anything what Mark does. The guy has made my life so happy with what he has done for Featherstone Rovers. We need to keep moving forward and the only way we can do this is by playing the franchise game and getting a place in SL. Mark as you have pointed out is a clever business man who is now putting us in a position to have a SL franchise.

I don't know how Mark feels but Robin mentioned he prefers P&R. My personal opinion is that I would feel even better if this post was about the large funding on the back of clinching promotion on the field. The fact that we have finished top of the pile 3 years on the trot makes it feel like we have earned a SL spot by what we do on the field as well. However I will never agree with the way the franchise system is run but that is not the Rovers boards fault it's the RFL's doing.

If we achieve a franchise I could easily sit back and say so what, after all we were dumped out of the top flight and had to take all the garbage from the I'm all right Jack fans but what about the great clubs in the Championship we leave behind. In my opinion we should be over the moon with the way our club has grown with the stewardship of Mark but should still remember that the unfair franchise system is totally unfair to many clubs.

Gas, electricity.....................TV soon I hear!

we've already got tv. still waiting for electricity though.

Padge, you're one of the more learned posters on here, I usally read your stuff with interest.

Most of us of a Fev persuasion are overjoyed today, after 20 years in the Shiiiter. This might be why some of us are a bit touchy.

If our CEO confirms a 7 figure deal in black and white on a social media site, that's good enough for me.

The thing is this, the 7 figure number has not been confirmed, its a posters 'friends' figure. He's probably right, but to take it as a given could lead to disappointment, and you wouldn't be the first clubs'c supporters to fall for it.

Take the statement for what it is, one of the shadowy figures behind the scenes has decided to show his hand, probably forced slightly by the RFL saying if Salford goes belly up do you want in. If that's the case and I am not saying it is, the RFL would probably like a public commitment, the delay may be a case of waiting to see what happens at Salford and then deciding how much of a commitment to make.

What is wrong with you? This is where I stand, sorry if you do not understand it but I can't be of any more help.

I will way watch my club play in whatever division they are placed in while at the same time campaign for P&R and a governing body that cares about all member clubs.

You also said

"Cheers Nige, sounds great.

I hope you don't mind if I pass on SL and the World Cup."

And myself proclaiming on here for years that Featherstone where the dark horses for SL gets fekall recognition, I wish I had said you had no chance ever. :(

I agree both you and Parksider have said some positive things about our franchise. The fact that many of us Fev fans don't want the franchise system seems to have made your mind up about us recently.

It isn't news, its rumour.

you wish

You also said

"Cheers Nige, sounds great.

I hope you don't mind if I pass on SL and the World Cup."

On a thread about this years RL. In which I also said you can find me as usual at the big fellas. Next season we will be in the Championship, so my above statement is correct or am I missing something?

You're still scarred by that day, 30 years on aren't you? :D

I'll let you know that when the 30 years' anniversary happens thank you. Up yours!

You lot seem to be very much on the defensive toneet. If it's because your team is known as "Rovers", then you shouldn't worry, we know you're not really from East Hull.

Featherstone were in the 1st Division when SL was formed. Even if they were not in the top 10, then they should have been given for a place ahead of a weak second division side like London and a non existent entity like Paris ( Where are they now). Widnes were similarly shafted. Hull KR, Wakefield and Huddersfield were all in Division 2.

Romantic claptrap was the essence of the Paris incarnation. No team, no money, no fans, no nothing. Like Don Quiote tilting at windmills. Romantic claptrap of the highest order.

Nobody said they were persecuted but fate was mentioned and demotion not on merit was theirs.

Wrong Wakefield were in division 1

so what is the value of the investment?

7 figures for gods sake how many more times

The thing is this, the 7 figure number has not been confirmed, its a posters 'friends' figure. He's probably right, but to take it as a given could lead to disappointment, and you wouldn't be the first clubs'c supporters to fall for it.

Take the statement for what it is, one of the shadowy figures behind the scenes has decided to show his hand, probably forced slightly by the RFL saying if Salford goes belly up do you want in. If that's the case and I am not saying it is, the RFL would probably like a public commitment, the delay may be a case of waiting to see what happens at Salford and then deciding how much of a commitment to make.

CEO does confirm it, about 100 posts down.

There is probably a huge amount of truth to your theory regarding Salford

I'll let you know that when the 30 years' anniversary happens thank you. Up yours!

Not long to wait now!

The Mrs bought me the DVD for xmas (I've still got the original recording, on Betamax, so no much hope of watching that). I've only watched it 7 times since xmas day.

One of the best days of my life, it made a massive impression on nine year old me. I imagine you enjoyed it a little less, as did my uncle, who's a barcode like yourself.

7 figures for gods sake how many more times

10,000.00?

1,000,000?

If this is a factual thread then we would know surely

10,000.00?

1,000,000?

If this is a factual thread then we would know surely

Sour grapes from a Cas fan, who'd have thunk it

Sour grapes from a Cas fan, who'd have thunk it

really? read my earlier post

Honestly some of you villagers read about 1 in every 10 words and make your own minds up - par for the course I guess

Not long to wait now!

The Mrs bought me the DVD for xmas (I've still got the original recording, on Betamax, so no much hope of watching that). I've only watched it 7 times since xmas day.

One of the best days of my life, it made a massive impression on nine year old me. I imagine you enjoyed it a little less, as did my uncle, who's a barcode like yourself.

i got a dvd for christmas, gone in 60 seconds starring vince cable

really? read my earlier post

Honestly some of you villagers read about 1 in every 10 words and make your own minds up - par for the course I guess

Must be all the inbreeding we do :D

CEO does confirm it, about 100 posts down.

There is probably a huge amount of truth to your theory regarding Salford

I really can't be bothered with approximations. Give me the exact quote as stated by a club official.

I have posted more than once it's probably true but don't count your chickens. Give me the exact quote and I'll stop bothering you.

Corrected for accuracy, whether it is or isn't is neither here nor there. However...

You don't know my source so please don't edit my posts. If you do it again I will be reporting you to the forum moderators.

You don't know my source so please don't edit my posts. If you do it again I will be reporting you to the forum moderators because I'm a softy

Go ahead report me.

You don't know my source so please don't edit my posts. If you do it again I will be reporting you to the forum moderators.

hahahahah