Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sidnee

£££££££ Fev receiving 7 figure investment £££££££

345 posts in this topic

I just hate their guts :lol: :lol: :lol:

I find that rather insulting Geoff, and I bloody well mean that.

FU

The thing is, as Padge has already said, the system is clearly working., though the next few days seems to have been replaced by the end of the week. sounds like good news to me, though will it be enough to remove the moral chips from the shoulder of some on here?

What system is this? The "money talks" system I suppose that you believe in so fervently!

Well I'm not enamoured but as has previously been posted, they're my team and I've supported them through thin and thinner so lets hope we're in for a bit of "thick"

I find that rather insulting Geoff, and I bloody well mean that.

FU

Sorry about that Dave, but that's how you come across on here to me as regard anything to do with Featherstone Rovers.

Sorry about that Dave, but that's how you come across on here to me as regard anything to do with Featherstone Rovers.

Well you are utterly wrong and obviously do not read what I post properly or chose to ignore certain parts of my messages, so go and do one Geoff.

You have really p!$$ed me off as I thought you were...

.. fek it.

10,000.00?

1,000,000?

If this is a factual thread then we would know surely

Just pretend its all rubbish old lad, then youl sleep ok, all i know is our chairman will be on his way to the ritz in the morning for an important meeting

But perhaps if they'd put more effort into league games, targeted them as the phrase is now, and not bothered with the cup games they'd have been higher up the league when the crunch came.

No, they were 14th when the Challenge cup started and 10th on semi final day. So the challenge cup form matched their league form.

You're not having it though, are you?

A couple of years ago, I likened Feisal Nahaboo to Allen Stanford (cricket investor turned fraudster) and I stand by the comparison. If this guy and his investments in RL are still around in five years, I'll eat my words.

A couple of years ago, I likened Feisal Nahaboo to Allen Stanford (cricket investor turned fraudster) and I stand by the comparison. If this guy and his investments in RL are still around in five years, I'll eat my words.

fair enough!

No, they were 14th when the Challenge cup started and 10th on semi final day. So the challenge cup form matched their league form.

You're not having it though, are you?

It was not uncommon in those days for Rovers to have a late run to avoid relegation. They did it in 1990, and tried it again in 1992, being relegated on the last day of the league season at Wakefield, with Bradford, Hull and Salford all on the same points, having produced brilliant form in the second half of the season. But no I'm not having it, because whatever the ins and outs, changing the format of who plays in what league next season at the end of the current season has to be wrong. Clubs should know what they're playing for when the season begins, not with three matches to go.

really? read my earlier post

Honestly some of you villagers read about 1 in every 10 words and make your own minds up - par for the course I guess

Some don't even get that far! They just assume the world is against them, always was and always will be. Any attempt to be positive about their club is somehow interpreted as criticism and any attempt to put things into perspective is interpreted as an attack. I know its just a few on here who are like that but they really do not do their club any favours. Fortunately, the club is bigger than they are.

Some don't even get that far! They just assume the world is against them, always was and always will be. Any attempt to be positive about their club is somehow interpreted as criticism and any attempt to put things into perspective is interpreted as an attack. I know its just a few on here who are like that but they really do not do their club any favours. Fortunately, the club is bigger than they are.

I don't see it that way i see it as constructive criticism. But I can see where some Fev fans are coming from when a carpet carrier tries to speak.

I don't see it that way i see it as constructive criticism. But I can see where some Fev fans are coming from when a carpet carrier tries to speak.

:huh:

I had to look that up!

I must admit that I have this nervousness around him too.

Clubs need to tread carefully with people like this IMHO, he seems to make quite grand promises at the start of each of his sponsorships yet then they end up just being something rather regular.

I hope the Fev board are being sensible, and if they can get money out of him risk-free then of course this is welcome.

I have no reason to doubt the ability of the Fev management team based on recent activity.

Clubs need to tread carefully with people like this IMHO, he seems to make quite grand promises at the start of each of his sponsorships yet then they end up just being something rather regular.

I hope the Fev board are being sensible, and if they can get money out of him risk-free then of course this is welcome.

I have no reason to doubt the ability of the Fev management team based on recent activity.

I share your nervousness, for starters, stuff like this just doesn't happen to Fev and FN does seem to have sprayed his cash and his promises around. C*s and 'fax fans don't have many good words to say about him.

Then again, maybe the boards of C*s and 'fax didn't give him quite what he wanted from his investment.

The question is, what does he want for his money?

Mark Campbell is no fool, I sincerely hope he has covered Fev's backside in whatever deal has been struck.

Dave no need to worry. Mark isn't daft he wouldn't be a successful business man if he were. This deal will have been mulled over quite a while now it won't just be a put pen to paper deal there will be something in it for us and FN. I've heard a rumour what is in it for FN and if the rumour is true from my source then this is very good business for us and for FN. If what I've been told comes off then FN and our club will benefit massively from it.

Dave no need to worry. Mark isn't daft he wouldn't be a successful business man if he were. This deal will have been mulled over quite a while now it won't just be a put pen to paper deal there will be something in it for us and FN. I've heard a rumour what is in it for FN and if the rumour is true from my source then this is very good business for us and for FN. If what I've been told comes off then FN and our club will benefit massively from it.

What worries me is that the deal involves the land, if it does, I hope it's some kind of revenue share from it's development, not just us borrowing money secured on that land.

I genuinely hope you're right, and as I said in my earlier post, I have no reason to question the Fev management.

One point I will pick you up on though is the bit in bold - most directors etc involved in RL are succesful businessmen in their own field - they don't always convert to the world of sport and RL with ease.

What worries me is that the deal involves the land, if it does, I hope it's some kind of revenue share from it's development, not just us borrowing money secured on that land.

Don't worry FN can't have the land. The land can only be rented etc as its got to benefit the club. All I will say is yes the deal as got something to do with the land ( that's if my source is correct).

All I will say is yes the deal has got something to do with the land.

Gosh !! :huh:

Who'd've thought that ? :wacko:

Isn't this thread about a 7 figure investment in Featherstone.? That sounds like finance to me.

Or seven different 'figures' each investing a fiver.

Seriously, though, if this is true it's great news for Fev.

Or seven different 'figures' each investing a fiver.

Seriously, though, if this is true it's great news for Fev.

It is true FN is/as become a shareholder of our club and further confirmation will be made by the close of the week along with an announcement according to our main website.

It is true FN is/as become a shareholder of our club and further confirmation will be made by the close of the week along with an announcement according to our main website.

Sounds like he has a lot of votes there.

Sounds like he has a lot of votes there.

Griff get that chip off your shoulder mate and the comment you made on our forum is laughable.