Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Futtocks

Something for the fans from Hull

Wolford6    971

Hull FC is one of the oldest clubs in the League and was formed by a group of ex-public schoolboys from York in 1865.

I might have guessed!

;):D

Futtocks    5,902

Cheers for that

Ern Shaw's caricatures of local sportsmen were brilliant. I seem to remember them appearing regularly in the Hull Daily Mail's Sports Mail on a Saturday.

It's one of the things I love about the internet, although much of Rugby League's heritage oddments/fun things are quite hard to find at times. The more people who create pages/sites about stuff like this, the better.

Hullfan    35

Cheers for that

Ern Shaw's caricatures of local sportsmen were brilliant. I seem to remember them appearing regularly in the Hull Daily Mail's Sports Mail on a Saturday.

What ever happened to the sports mail "green mail" as I used to call it when was little, I apperared in that almost every week

Ullman    739

What ever happened to the sports mail "green mail" as I used to call it when was little, I apperared in that almost every week

They stopped publishing it years ago as its circulation had collapsed. Every city seemed to have its own local version. I don't know if there are any that have survived.