Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maxwel

National Cup

77 posts in this topic

i still wonder why the 'biggest' league operating only has about 17 representatives taking part in the national cup when there seems to be an outrage that the ncl leagues arent providing teams, apart from 1 or 2 sides. surely there should be more sides entering from the pennine winter league, plus other winter leagues, ie the 'thriving' hull league or nwc league or have most of these sides had enough too.

i dont think there is much of an outrage its up to each indirvidual clubs to put a team in if they wish, its just disappointing that because people at the top are only interested in slagging each other off instead of concentrating on whats best for the game, its the players who are suffering, the national cup as always been a great competition to enter and yet another step back in my opionion,

i still wonder why the 'biggest' league operating only has about 17 representatives taking part in the national cup when there seems to be an outrage that the ncl leagues arent providing teams, apart from 1 or 2 sides. surely there should be more sides entering from the pennine winter league, plus other winter leagues, ie the 'thriving' hull league or nwc league or have most of these sides had enough too.

IMO the teams at the top are far to strong for the ones at the bottom of tier 4, so the competition has stagnated, maybe the National cup needs to either be split into a couple of separate competitions or have a continuation cup for the ones knocked out early.