Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Daddy

An eerie silence from Gloucester All Golds.

111 posts in this topic

Following on from some positive signings by Oxford, has anyone heard any news on the formation of the All Golds or anything slightly promotional? There's not long before the start of the season, if this turns out to be another Northampton debacle heads will need to roll.

Posted · Hidden by Martyn Sadler, January 10, 2013 - Bad language

championship 1 is a absolute #### up anyway

Facebook page up... twitter account tweeting... trials held in December...

According to RFL web site they're playing Combined Services tomorrow night.

Also link with new Cheltenham based club here:http://www.therfl.co.uk/news/article/26758/lucky-13-for-cheltenham-old

Twinned with Leeds Rhinos as well, I note.

This silence is an outrage.

Twinned with Leeds Rhinos as well, I note.

This silence is an outrage.

Heads will need to roll.

They don't have a website. Have they announced a home stadium, or a coach or any players?

Yes, yes, and yes.

I'm nor concerned about whether they'll get a team out. But the playing standard and promotion to potential supporters is more concerning.

They are playing at Prince of Wales stadium in Cheltenham.

All Golds will have their own local league with 2 or 3 Gloucestershire clubs as part of it and Bristol in Conference South feeding into them. They also run a youth programme. Last year they did well in midlands U16 and U18 but are running something locally joint with Bristol this year.

I'm nor concerned about whether they'll get a team out. But the playing standard and promotion to potential supporters is more concerning.

I said at the time they were announced I was concerned that they didn't seem to care about involving the good people of Gloucestershire. That still seems to be the case. They're going to be a hard team to 'support' in any meaningful way.

I can't really comment on the playing standards side.

They don't have a website. Have they announced a home stadium, or a coach or any players?

They are on Twitter, here: https://twitter.com/AllGolds

Here's a pic of some players back in training, pre-season: https://twitter.com/...4660866/photo/1

They're starting up a wheelchair RL team: http://www.thisisglo...tail/story.html

They've had at least one open trial: http://www.thisisglo...tail/story.html

Interesting article here on the Gloucester Uni website: http://www.glos.ac.u...ueAllGolds.aspx

They seem to be tied in with the Gloucesteshire Warriors website: http://www.pitchero....info-65967.html

This looks interesting too: http://www.therhinos.co.uk/news/19309.php#.UO3S0azRqMd

Wiki page too: ... do seem to be lacking a team ... but you never can trust what you read on Wiki!) - ETA I don't think TotalRL like Wiki as the page was there when I copied the link but now the link and the page seem to have vanished! I only posted it about 30 seconds prior to this. Oh well.

The team are owned by the Uni so won't have much money but will have a well prepared team, .brad Heoi is coach and Nobby has been working with them as a consultant. First game up hemel, won't be anywhere near the top but will at least have a big home advantage

My point is not about a few pics on twitter. A semi pro club should have a website and surely they will want to sell gear, have some fans pay to watch and attract the odd sponsor. Being hidden away will not help with any of these and will not help them to become competitive.

My point is not about a few pics on twitter. A semi pro club should have a website and surely they will want to sell gear, have some fans pay to watch and attract the odd sponsor. Being hidden away will not help with any of these and will not help them to become competitive.

They should have a full size pitch too, but you can't have everything.

Don't know where you live or what you do but maybe you are in a position to help them...dunno...say setting up a web site for them?

i'm sure i read a weekly snippet of signings and information in Total RL... maybe i am imaginging this due to the immense amount of silence..

Easy enough to start a Pitchero site like may semi pro soccer/yawnion clubs do !

Out of interest where does it leave us with this RFL/ Richard Lewis goal of a professional presence in all 9 English regions? Are we nearly there. There was also the idea of a presence in every English county too at tier 3/4 level.

GAG concept a completely new approach. But union have developed it with Loughborough and Gloucestershire in more recent times with Hartpury College. If anybody deserves some success here its Lionel Hurst. He's been a ceo at London Broncos and a driving force behind the whole Summer RLC 17 years back. I well remember him getting people on board during those early days when Cheltenham Warriors-Oxford Cavaliers played their first derby. He will be on cloud nine come next Easter hopefully.

There was also the idea of a presence in every English county too at tier 3/4 level.

I think there's a club in every county except Herefordshire, which is basically a large field anyway (ranked 46/48 for population density, above Northumberland and Cumbria), so that's to be expected

Easy enough to start a Pitchero site like may semi pro soccer/yawnion clubs do !

what like this one?? http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/gloucestershirewarriors/s/team-info-65967.html this is the gloucestershire all golds pitchero..

a google search for Gloucestershire all golds brings up quite a lot of articles and the pitchero site http://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=toolbar-instant&hl=en-GB&ion=1&qscrl=1&rlz=1T4GGNI_en-GBGB481GB481#hl=en&tbo=d&qscrl=1&rlz=1T4GGNI_en-GBGB481GB481&sclient=psy-ab&q=gloucestershire%20all%20golds&oq=&gs_l=&pbx=1&fp=62de6c98bf44ccb6&ion=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.1357700187,d.d2k&biw=1440&bih=738

It seems that this silence is mostly caused by people not being bothered to look.. (Seems to be a general malaze of society that with the internet people have got more lazy.. we get loads of people asking "i cant find your xyz anywhere EVEN ON THE INTERNET" i then do a goodle search for our product and there it is in umpteen shops on the internet they just need to look!)

The site you refer to is Glos Warriors. The all golds have a tiny bit mostly out of date with little news or ticket info etc. I really want it to be a success but without engaging with their community I cant see how this will happen. All I can do is see a comparison with Oxford and see that the two clubs are miles apart in their preperation

The site you refer to is Glos Warriors. The all golds have a tiny bit mostly out of date with little news or ticket info etc. I really want it to be a success but without engaging with their community I cant see how this will happen. All I can do is see a comparison with Oxford and see that the two clubs are miles apart in their preperation

I asked this at the time and was told in response that the All Golds in terms of cashflow are not dependent on getting big gates.

It has all the Gloustershire All Golds news on it and it linked thorugh google.. i think it is more to do with not changing the livery from Glos Warriors as all the info is about the All golds, every sub heading is "gloucesterhire All Golds player/coaches" "Gloucestershire All Golds Homepage" "Gloucestershire All Golds Fixtures" etc and also has their fixtures and results on so it looks like its their pitchero site to be fair, just have a look rather than a skirting critism, either way a quick google search and there is loads on them including that Pitchero site..

yes they may not be doing as well on that from as oxford but to be fair clubs can be all singing and all dancing and still fail.. the key is to get the basic balancing of books etc to be right... they need people through the gate but they have time to get info out to the press before their first games and as long as they succeed on a local scale it doesnt matter what on a national scale they are like at the moment.