Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Daddy

An eerie silence from Gloucester All Golds.

111 posts in this topic

I have seen from their Facebook site that a website is to be launched by tomorrow and I know they're in training.

I think there's a club in every county except Herefordshire, which is basically a large field anyway (ranked 46/48 for population density, above Northumberland and Cumbria), so that's to be expected

No clubs in Westmorland, Rutland, Cornwall, Dorset, Cambridgeshire or Berkshire based on traditional boundaries.

From 2014 down to just east midlands lacking tier 2.

I have seen from their Facebook site that a website is to be launched by tomorrow and I know they're in training.

more news from them??? god its quiet

No clubs in Westmorland, Rutland, Cornwall, Dorset, Cambridgeshire or Berkshire based on traditional boundaries.

We're excluding universities then as I assume Cambridge University is in Cambridgeshire?

We're excluding universities then as I assume Cambridge University is in Cambridgeshire?

Yes. Otherwise Cambridgeshire and Berkshire would be covered and possibly Cornwall

Yes. Otherwise Cambridgeshire and Berkshire would be covered and possibly Cornwall

Cornwall do not appear to have any clubs but they do have a county side who played Devon on 29th August, 2012, the birthdate of the Northern Union, to celebrate 100 years of RL being played in Devon.

There's another trial - with 'invited players', I think - sometime soon. They've signed a few as far as I know but haven't gone public yet - they may be storing it all up for a snazzy pre-season launch in February or March. Oh, and look out for some more news next week ;)

There's another trial - with 'invited players', I think - sometime soon. They've signed a few as far as I know but haven't gone public yet - they may be storing it all up for a snazzy pre-season launch in February or March. Oh, and look out for some more news next week ;)

Conference South?

One of the reasons for including the All Golds was the opportunity to utilise the resources of the university. The website is an example of this in action. It has been made into a student project and will, therefore, be completed the night before season kick-off - or not if there's a chance of a night out.

If Northampton had made the starting gate this time and Coventry get the nod in 2014 that would have given us the nine. May be wait for a Nottingham bid further down the track?

If Northampton had made the starting gate this time and Coventry get the nod in 2014 that would have given us the nine. May be wait for a Nottingham bid further down the track?

Nottingham don't have any Championship 1 ambitions. Loughborough would be possible if the student model works. Though guess that would hit Nottingham hard.

I asked this at the time and was told in response that the All Golds in terms of cashflow are not dependent on getting big gates.

Real shame. Would have thought any club would want fans.

This silence is appalling. I'm OUTRAGED.

Fantastic. See, to me this is an excellent event yet locally very little advertisement. I teach locally and not heard a whisper of this opportunity for local teachers. Although this might be due to the head of pe not passing it on.

Non of my comments are 'being negative'. I am forever bigging up RL down South. I just feel that having a real bonus in having a semi pro club not too far from where i live is a one off opportunity that is being badly managed so far. If they start to sort out their act (as a few of your posts suggest they are doing) then brilliant, nobody will be as pleased as I will be.

It is always this way BBR - you are either blindly enthusiastic about anything "expansion" or you are evil fl@capper who hates southerners.

Technically not as Midlands Scholarship sides and Eagles Scholarships and Academy are Tier 2 and both play in East Midlands...... as the Eagles first team did and indeed England Youth in 2011 and 2012 respectively!

It is always this way BBR - you are either blindly enthusiastic about anything "expansion" or you are evil fl@capper who hates southerners.

Yeah I got abuse for criticising Northampton Rebels on here.

Yeah I got abuse for criticising Northampton Rebels on here.

I won't hear a word against the Rebels. They'll prove all the haterz wrong this year.