Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phil

Wilko Johnson

15 posts in this topic

Sad news indeed,I grew up listening to Wilko and my 14 year old son listens to his stuff too.

I've seen him several times. Bona fide guitar great and bags of pent up energy let loose at every single show.

I thought he looked pretty rough on the Dr Feelgood retrospective last year on BBC.

Very sad.

Terrible news. A total nutcase with the guitar and all round legend. Vile disease.

Awful news. I have seen Wilko in excess of 30 times. Always fantastic. Hope he can beat the odds.

bloody hell

a music hero of mine and a direct link to Johnny Kidd and The Pirates

I hope he keeps goiung until he drops doing what he loves doing and what he is so brilliant at.

bloody hell

I hope he keeps goiung until he drops doing what he loves doing and what he is so brilliant at.

I've heard that's the plan and he has declined chemotherapy to do so. Currently in Japan. New album and live DVD planned. As well a tours of France and UK. I hope to catch him again.

bloody hell

Without Mick Green I doubt there would have been Wilko as we know him.

Four UK farewell concerts announced for early March, Holmfirth will be nearest for most people here I guess. On sale tomorrow morning. http://www.wilkojohnson.org/#!__tour-dates

I'll be going to the London one. I've been meaning to see him for a few years but never made it to one of his shows. Here's hoping he at least has several months in reasonable health and goes out with a bang.

Without Mick Green I doubt there would have been Wilko as we know him.

agreed, and Wilko would say the same

a great interview I got a bit lump in the throaty

Wilko will be on Front Row, Radio 4 this evening. Preview on Today programme this morning brought a lump to the throat.

Wilko will be on Front Row, Radio 4 this evening. Preview on Today programme this morning brought a lump to the throat.

Thanks for this heads-up.