Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Viking Warrior

do you watch another team than the one you support?

60 posts in this topic

cas under 19s

Occasionally watch Wakey, largely due to my mate's company using the hospitality facilities most games, whenever there's a free space, he invites me along.

Also watch PRUFC on a saturday afternoon and enjoy a few beers in the clubhouse with my old man, who lives nearby.

how many on here actively watch another team besides the one that you support, when widnes were in the CC i used to watch saints as well but now were are in super league i watch north wales crusaders, i have developed quite a soft spot for them and hope they have a good season.......................but widnes are still my number 1 club after all the highs and lows of the past 49 years of being a supporter i am as avid a supporter these days as i was when i was a young lad.

Hunslet since 1966, Leeds since 1971...

Bradford many times - would have been a Bradford fan if Hunslet had gone in 1973

Keighleys a great ride over the hill

Batley, Fartown and Wakefield.

Occasionally watch Wakey, largely due to my mate's company using the hospitality facilities most games, whenever there's a free space, he invites me along.

My dad's work used to have a box at Wakey. I would drive him there and pick him up every other week, but never went to a match myself because I had absolutely no interest in watching rugby league.

What a difference a few years makes...

Don't really have the chance with the nearest semi pro/professional club an hour and a halves drive away. Do try and watch as much as I can on the tele though.

It's a lot easier to park there than at Headingley!

not if you know where ;-)

I go to watch the Skolars regularly and the Broncos occasionally. Looking forward to seeing them play each other tomorrow afternoon.

well your old mate Millman pointed you out to me at Belle Vue last time I was there and says he regularly sees you down there with your Grandson - to be fair though, as the club is just on your doorstep I can understand it

You caught me on the one and only occasion Kenny, took my grandson, Jack, to see the mighty Wigan. You'll remember that Tomkins try no doubt? Should have introduced yourself. Where the hell's Millman by the way and who hell is he????

When I was young, free and single I'd go to a game almost every Sunday as well as playing on a Saturday. If Wigan were too far away for me to get to (I often had to work until 1pm), I'd go to St Helens, Widnes or Warrington. When Chorley started up I'd often go down to Victory park and support them.

Like some others I struggle to make Wigan games these days, mainly due to the fact that my job takes me all round the country. I often count myself lucky to be home in time to sit in front of the TV on a Friday night to see a game on Sky. :(

Ill be lucky to get to Shedingley 10 times this year but another vote here for the Gallant Youths - only a handful of games over the years as other responsibilities take prescedence, but very homely in a 'grim up north style, and Dewsbury as well

1. Leigh - can't get there often, but I take advantage of the Leigh Life radio and video updates

2. Any amateur game I can get to where the son in law is reffing - love the the whole package : blood and guts RL ; touchline closeness (surprising what you hear) ; the banter can't be beaten ; good grub at cheap prices ; meeting people ; getting to all sorts of places. Favourites are Siddal, Saddleworth, Wath Brow and the SOO street of origin games between Leigh East & Leigh Miners, especially at night - and for closeness a walk up to see what Newsome Panthers are up to

3. Giants - had a ST last year, but can't afford this - so will go whenever we can

Halifax and Rochdale. I've watched Halifax for quite a few years now.

Halifax and Rochdale. I've watched Halifax for quite a few years now.

I don't do fax much. A good rivalry building up now between fev n fax. Always an edge to that game and it transfers to the pitch cos we've seen some belting games of late.

I support Wakefield but watch the amateur game, usually at Sharlston Rovers but do take in Batley and Dewsbury when Wakefield don't have a game.

with not been able to get up to Batley as much as i would like as involved with N.E.W Ravens and do occassionaly go to see Coventry Bears

I used to watch Wigan occasionally when I couldn't travel to Saints away matches. I recall Wigan defeating a powerful Hull KR side in a league match at Central Park, which ended up with the Wigan players doing a lap of honour, such was the enormity of what they'd achieved.

I never miss Eccles games. I only ever miss Crusaders games when Eccles are playing. If neither of them are playing I will find a game of Rugby League to watch every Saturday and Sunday at any level, except Super League. Like a few others on here I have a real soft spot for Batley. Tend to find myself there at least once a season.

Watch Egremont in the amatuer game whenever they are at home and often go to the Brow if they are at home ang Egremont away, from next season will add Kells to that list. Proffessionally, go to most of Whithaven's home games, work permitting and will go to watch many other Championship teams any any superleague clubs when the chance presents itself

how many on here actively watch another team besides the one that you support, when widnes were in the CC i used to watch saints as well but now were are in super league i watch north wales crusaders, i have developed quite a soft spot for them and hope they have a good season.......................but widnes are still my number 1 club after all the highs and lows of the past 49 years of being a supporter i am as avid a supporter these days as i was when i was a young lad.

I watch swinton, and now whitehaven, but my is Widnes Vikings is my club.

I occasionally go to the Mount when not watching Fev. I must admit that my attitude to Leeds has mellowed over the years, Twenty years ago I used to actively hate them. But they play such attractive football and Sinfield is such a great player I've come to be something of an admirer (on TV not at Headingley)

My Superleague club is Saints but I want both Salford and London to do well.

In the Championship I support a Yorkshire club (Sheffield) and a Lancashire club (Leigh) but only on TV as I can't afford to be there in person (but would be sometimes if I could afford to be).

In Championship 1 I am a bit conflicted. I want both Welsh teams to succeed but I consistently lean towards North Wales Crusaders as apart from anything else they have a terrific nucleus of fans who deserve a club that finally succeeds IMO. I also want the Skolars to do well as that club has been at the forefront of so much that is good in London development and they keep slogging away no matter what. It is a shame they got a trouncing at the hands of the Broncos in the Capital Challenge; the Broncos had no need to play such a strong team on that occasion given their upcoming date with the Dragons. Still, I will keep my fingers crossed that they can go one better this season and get into the Championship 1 play offs. However, I'm conflicted this season as I would also like to see the newbies have good seasons, I have developed a soft spot for Oldham (and if I were to win millions in the lottery I would build Oldham a new thief-proof club house) but I suppose I should be supporting Rochdale given that Saints have all but taken the club over. Alas! I will have to see how the Champ 1 season pans out to see if a favourite club emerges.

I don't watch any amateur RL but that isn't a conscious decision; just that there are so many in St Helens that I wouldn't know who to support. I want them all to do well I suppose.

In the NRL I supported the Bulldogs last season but only because James Graham plays for them.

Internationally aside from wanting England to win everything, I would like Wales to do well.