Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Furryenzo

Trialists Released

20 posts in this topic

Says on the website that now that the warrington lads are here the trialists have been released. Cant say im too upset, but that brookes character looked like he was a big unit and in good shape. He didnt do much in the game but with the right training looked like he could have been the type of player we need!

Would be nice to have a lad from swinton in our ranks but why do we need a winger? am i missing something?

Well as it happens with Penny's injury he will be useful, but yeah, I also dont see why we need another winger...

Can't really understand that, releasing them after only 2 games and friendlies at that, didnt really give them a chance and does that mean swinton only have 13 squad players + dr now, that worries me

The squad is pinned at the top of the forum.

These were the few lads we were giving a run out too

We did a similar thing lsst yesr with candland and holding

17 Swinton players and 6 DR I think Tony...it's not brilliant.

Cheers Phill, i'd missed that one.

It's even less brilliant than I'd previously thought Tony.

Swinton must have the smallest squad in the championship im worried at what they will do when they pick up any injuries.To much reliance on dr for my liking and i wonder why they have not been able to recruit more players,they really needed more depth and experience in the forwards especially in the prop department,dont think holland and mills can get them through the season

We need to train in Swinton, Play in Swinton & get a profile in Swinton.

It is no good training in Warrington, Playing in Leigh, & expecting to get some support in Swinton.

We might as well train in Southend, Play in Plymouth & advertise our games here in Hastings.

Am I wrong here or are we losing something drastic?

It is no good training in Warrington, Playing in Leigh, & expecting to get some support in Swinton.

We might as well train in Southend, Play in Plymouth & advertise our games here in Hastings.

We left Swinton 21 years ago...have you been away a long time?

Ste Mac said the squad will be sorted by the end of Jan. its only the second week in Jan. I imagine we will have more players to come in.

Kind of off topic, uh?

well put.

well put.

Yes a remarkable insight! A wonder no one has thought of this or indeed mentioned it before!

Yes a remarkable insight! A wonder no one has thought of this or indeed mentioned it before!

Come on Mark....stay happy.

Would be nice to have a lad from swinton in our ranks but why do we need a winger? am i missing something?

Are you sure he's a winger and not a whinger? I hear there's lots of them over your side of the hills!