Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Phantom Horseman

"Major announcement on Friday"?

45 posts in this topic

Just one or two points. I see the 7 figure sum has become a 6 figure sum. Will 'the consortium' be ruling the club or are we looking at a new board of directors. These 'proven' business men are presumably from outside the club. Lots of loose ends still to tie up. We need the full facts.

Yes - it's a subtle difference but, if I'm a shareholder in Land Ltd, which owns a plot of land, I don't own the land. I can't sell my bit of the land that Land Ltd owns. The directors choose whether or not to sell Land Ltd's land - at which point my shares may be worth more - should I decide to sell (and can find a buyer - which is often a sticking point) or, of course, if the company is closed down.

Value of the shares ? Is that relevant ?

You would of course have to have a shareholders meeting and a vote in favour before any sale. A lot depends on the constitution of the company. For instance as I said before if Feisal is now the major 'B' shareholder he can appoint his own board. I think softly softly, with an eye on the land..

Just one or two points. I see the 7 figure sum has become a 6 figure sum. Will 'the consortium' be ruling the club or are we looking at a new board of directors. These 'proven' business men are presumably from outside the club. Lots of loose ends still to tie up. We need the full facts.

Let's remember that £999,999 is a 6 figure sum, just as £100,000 is. Even if these people are putting in £100,000, it is £100,000 that we didn't have yesterday. I hope the bulk of whatever amount it is goes on ground and youth development - investment for the future. Currently the team can look after itself (more or less)

The statement reads multiple six figure sums!!

I trust the board on this, they have done amazing work for the club over the last 5 years. Feisal will obviously make something out of this in return where the land is involved i would imagine but if it benefits him and more importantly the club in the long run then its great news. This sort of investment is unbelievable at our level of rugby.

Meanwhile at Cas they are struggling to get the friendly on cos power cables have been nicked....

The statement reads multiple six figure sums!!

I trust the board on this, they have done amazing work for the club over the last 5 years. Feisal will obviously make something out of this in return where the land is involved i would imagine but if it benefits him and more importantly the club in the long run then its great news. This sort of investment is unbelievable at our level of rugby.

Meanwhile at Cas they are struggling to get the friendly on cos power cables have been nicked....

I thought it said SEVERAL hundred thousand pounds. This means more than 2 but not a lot more. Still a good investment but look out for the curly bits.

I thought it said SEVERAL hundred thousand pounds. This means more than 2 but not a lot more. Still a good investment but look out for the curly bits.

I stand corrected it says several in the newspaper and multiple in the statement. It also states we are going to maximize the use of 17 acres. Remember my caution in this field.

I stand corrected it says several in the newspaper and multiple in the statement. It also states we are going to maximize the use of 17 acres. Remember my caution in this field.

Just keep in mind that 17 acres with planning is worth anything from 8 to 10 million.

No, they can't. But if they're turning a profit and can't afford $uperleague, how can a club that's making a loss ? :blink:

Not many big backers stay forever. Widnes are up for sale now - if you can believe anything you read in the Sun, obviously.

And why do you think we are making a loss ? because we are investing in our facilities so that we can in the longer term grow revenue streams. The losses we are making are nothing compare to the return they will show, for instance do you think 20 hospitality boxes grow on trees, or demolishing Scarborough grown cost pence. What we are doing at rovers is phenomenal end of......News stands and hospitality, extending pitch to host more matches, keeping a winning team on the pitch, full youth structure, producing SL standard players.

So your rather poor over simplification is rather weak. I mean when people like tescos want to expand it cost them money new store, land recruitment etc etc but it is a necessary price of success

Just keep in mind that 17 acres with planning is worth anything from 8 to 10 million.

Im pretty certain Mark wont need reminding of that

I am very proud of our club. I think the way that our recent success has been achieved is just as admirable as the success itself. That right way of doing things permeates the whole club from Mark to Craig & on to Daryl and the players. The community & player pathways are testament to this.

I have no idea what the outcome of the recent investment will be. However, I do know that we are in for some exciting times & I believe it will be one heck of a journey. I also know that we are in the best shape we have been in for as long as I can remember, due to the hard work of a whole host of people associated with the club & that is even before the recent investment. It certainly is a fantastic time to be a Rover.

The track record of the team running the club gives me every confidence that they genuinely have the best interests of the Rovers at heart and I honestly believe that they will continue to do the right things in the right way.

It is natural for people to have questions & I'm sure they will be answered in due course but I for one trust the custodians of the club to take us forward and would ask people to be patient & give the whole club their support rather than seeing conspiracies that just are not there.

Whether we will get to be a top 6 side in Superleague I have no idea but it looks like it is going to be fun trying to get there. Lets enjoy the ride!

And why do you think we are making a loss ? because we are investing in our facilities so that we can in the longer term grow revenue streams. The losses we are making are nothing compare to the return they will show, for instance do you think 20 hospitality boxes grow on trees, or demolishing Scarborough grown cost pence. What we are doing at rovers is phenomenal end of......News stands and hospitality, extending pitch to host more matches, keeping a winning team on the pitch, full youth structure, producing SL standard players.

So your rather poor over simplification is rather weak. I mean when people like tescos want to expand it cost them money new store, land recruitment etc etc but it is a necessary price of success

"Investing" in land, buildings and the like isn't written off in the year that the expenditure is made. It's spread over a number of years.

Source - Accounting policies in 2011 accounts

I am very proud of our club. I think the way that our recent success has been achieved is just as admirable as the success itself. That right way of doing things permeates the whole club from Mark to Craig & on to Daryl and the players. The community & player pathways are testament to this.

I have no idea what the outcome of the recent investment will be. However, I do know that we are in for some exciting times & I believe it will be one heck of a journey. I also know that we are in the best shape we have been in for as long as I can remember, due to the hard work of a whole host of people associated with the club & that is even before the recent investment. It certainly is a fantastic time to be a Rover.

The track record of the team running the club gives me every confidence that they genuinely have the best interests of the Rovers at heart and I honestly believe that they will continue to do the right things in the right way.

It is natural for people to have questions & I'm sure they will be answered in due course but I for one trust the custodians of the club to take us forward and would ask people to be patient & give the whole club their support rather than seeing conspiracies that just are not there.

Whether we will get to be a top 6 side in Superleague I have no idea but it looks like it is going to be fun trying to get there. Lets enjoy the ride!

good post

"Investing" in land, buildings and the like isn't written off in the year that the expenditure is made. It's spread over a number of years.

Source - Accounting policies in 2011 accounts

what would we do without you.

:rolleyes:

Sorry if I sounded like I was urinating on your parade, but this guy has history and I like Fev as a club and we had our assets ripped away late 80's by a white knight, plus you have a some top fans in Robin and his motley crew who are always willing to look after Frank and buy him ale..

Sorry if I sounded like I was urinating on your parade, but this guy has history and I like Fev as a club and we had our assets ripped away late 80's by a white knight, plus you have a some top fans in Robin and his motley crew who are always willing to look after Frank and buy him ale..

Craig we know what this guy as done in the past etc. But everything he as said since he came to us as happened( except of course the top 6 SL club bit but hey it might happen) But what im trying to say is he hasnt given us fev fans anything to doubt is word yet. So for me personally until he says x. y and z and they dont happen then i have to put every bit of faith in him.

Craig we know what this guy as done in the past etc. But everything he as said since he came to us as happened( except of course the top 6 SL club bit but hey it might happen) But what im trying to say is he hasnt given us fev fans anything to doubt is word yet. So for me personally until he says x. y and z and they dont happen then i have to put every bit of faith in him.

You are right TG. I am not anti anybody, but a big pro Rovers. The points I have made are for consideration if it comes to a vote. We must not sell the land as it will bring in income if the right deal is struck.

What Griff is saying without saying it is that we were in danger of overtrading. That is putting money into capital projects and disturbing our cash flow. Again I say it, accounts are historical and have to be related to current events. The main one is that we have had a massive cash injection. The injector is not a creditor so this goes into the cash flow as unfettered cash and all the previous arguments about loss are immaterial.

Just what I was thinking James. :blink:

Further Lingard (thanks for the agreement), his argument of renting against owning your ground bit the dust today as news came out that Sheffield Council may close the ground and they could have no home. Better to own your place eh?