Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Red Willow

What is going on with Widnes?

32 posts in this topic

thats the whole idea of licensing, allowing a club to build over 3 years rather than panic buys and going bust in an effort to avoid relegation like in the old days of p&r..............

thats the whole idea of licensing, allowing a club to build over 3 years rather than panic buys and going bust in an effort to avoid relegation like in the old days of p&r..............

Some deluded fans looking at Widnes message board and they love a moan. What are the expectations in terms of league finish?

I think most sane people would expect no more than second or third from bottom this year, then perhaps in year three we would hope to come close to the play offs

I think most sane people would expect no more than second or third from bottom this year, then perhaps in year three we would hope to come close to the play offs

It would be nice to see them do well but they need to strengthen but to do that need bums on seats

i predict 10th, but anywhere higher than last season is an improvement.

i predict 10th, but anywhere higher than last season is an improvement.

What's the youth like coming through? Always had a load of local talent did Widnes

some good young prospects, like jack owens, alex gerrard, tom gilmore, grant gore all making their way into the first team squad, and of course danny craven is still quite young and made a great impact in his first super league season, and now we are in super league we will attract the local youngsters who have gone to our neighbours in recent years.