Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Daddy

There must be one plot of land in London where the Broncos can build there own stadium?

59 posts in this topic

Or at least one local council body which could see the benefits of inviting a sporting club from one of Britains top professional leagues. Greenwich would be a good local borough for us and it's one of London's largest councils.

How about buying Richmond rugby ground, renovating it and becoming primary tenants, there is also blackheaths ground. Can't believe we are still asking these questions after all these years of super league.

Or at least one local council body which could see the benefits of inviting a sporting club from one of Britains top professional leagues. Greenwich would be a good local borough for us and it's one of London's largest councils.

How about buying Richmond rugby ground, renovating it and becoming primary tenants, there is also blackheaths ground. Can't believe we are still asking these questions after all these years of super league.

Could any council afford to build a stadium for a few thousand people. Especially with money being to tight?

Finding the money and a decent crowd support need to come before finding the land for a stadium.

How many Rugby League fans could be found near Old Dear Park in Richmond?

Not too many I suspect.

Agree with the sentiments though. Twickers isn't working and an alternative needs to be found.

Where it would be is the very difficult one.

they should have taken over one of the two olympic hockey stadiums and reconfigured it into a rugby stadium...

and i said that 3 years ago!

they should have taken over one of the two olympic hockey stadiums and reconfigured it into a rugby stadium...

Don't think Stratford is the right catchment area for the Broncos tbh.

They were only temporary 'stadiums' mate. They'll be all over the country by now, probably preparing for a golf tournament or something.

As for the OP, I completely agree. Just build it in whichever borough has the magic money tree... Although Brentford might be after a new lodger for their new 20k capacity ground!

Could any council afford to build a stadium for a few thousand people. Especially with money being to tight?

Not asking for them to build a stadium for us but could maybe sell us a plot of land on the cheap or ask us to take residence of one of the many run down sporting arenas in London and refurbish it.

the riverbank hockey arena had 5,000 permenant seats...the rest of it was temporary

the riverbank hockey arena had 5,000 permenant seats...the rest of it was temporary

You're muddling the hockey arena and the Eton Manor venue.

And either way it's irrelevant as neither could be reconfigured for rugby.

Wimbledon looking to build a ground

Barnet moving to a new ground

Brentford looking into building a new ground

Wasps struggling at Wycombe

Four clubs, all of them that can be approached with a view to sharing costs and/or getting funding....

There is a very well located stadium on a plot of land for which the LA I understand are quite keen to be relieved of the responsibility. Their opponents today play in it.

You could have a very good RL centre of excellence there and room for a 12-15,000 stadium which would be ample big enough. Oh and it's on White Hart Lane.

They don't have any money, even if they had a field for free, they could not afford to build a stadium.

n I said they should have stuck at Brentford, got RFL dosh to help do it up, with Brentfords assistance, then turned it into Londons RL Arena

There is a very well located stadium on a plot of land for which the LA I understand are quite keen to be relieved of the responsibility. Their opponents today play in it.

You could have a very good RL centre of excellence there and room for a 12-15,000 stadium which would be ample big enough. Oh and it's on White Hart Lane.

I've thought that the same thing since I lived down there. One snag is I think it's still used f

I've thought that the same thing since I lived down there. One snag is I think it's still used for athletics.

In an ideal world it'd be great to have an RL hub in the capital though

You're muddling the hockey arena and the Eton Manor venue.

And either way it's irrelevant as neither could be reconfigured for rugby.

it could have been if london broncos & the RFL had been pro active 3 or 4 years ago and got involved at the planning stages...

THEIR own stadium not THERE own stadium FFS!!

While the grammar police are in the vicinity can they please arrest anybody using a 'z' where an 's' should be in words like organisation. We aren't a ##### American colony yet. :angry:

Wimbledon looking to build a ground

I doubt Norbiton would get sharing with the London RL franchise past their fans.

Some of you people are in the wrong job,you'd be perfect for Labours next Chancellor - spend money you don't have,on something which isn't viable,then blame someone else for its failure and leave others to pay the bill.

Some of you people are in the wrong job,you'd be perfect for Labours next Chancellor - spend money you don't have,on something which isn't viable,then blame someone else for its failure and leave others to pay the bill.

+1