Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tom Coates

Live bands to rock Eastern Terrace fundraiser!

19 posts in this topic

Click here to check out the latest e-release from Dewsbury Rams.

Like the news on Facebook

Retweet it on Twitter

Already mentioned this Tom - but for various reasons I can't attend the terracing function (or any other evening ones for that matter), but I will contribute. Which account do I make a cheque payable to ?

Those unable to attend the evening who wish to make a contribution are encouraged to make donations through the club reception on home match days. A separate Eastern Terrace Funds account has been set up to support the project

Those unable to attend the evening who wish to make a contribution are encouraged to make donations through the club reception on home match days. A separate Eastern Terrace Funds account has been set up to support the project

Already mentioned this Tom - but for various reasons I can't attend the terracing function (or any other evening ones for that matter), but I will contribute. Which account do I make a cheque payable to ?

No begging letters from piggys mate please. :lol:

If you call in at reception on a match day they'll give you all the info you need. Sorry I can't be more help - I'll try and get some details this week.

Let's hope this is well attended. Sounds like it will be a good night. Pete Emmett is a top entertainer (he didn't pay me to say that)

I've sent you a PM Grumpy. B)

Looks like more snow for tomorrow,hope this fundraising event. is well attended,and doesn't get affected by the weather.

Now that we have had the fundraising dinner,has there been a date set for the start of the work to commence? Maybe a question for Wilsden Ram.

Planning Application is still being processed. All questions that have been asked by the

Council have been answered. promptly. No objections have been lodged.

Kirklees Council (Fast Track) Target Date is 31st January 2013.

We are working to bring this forward if possible, but it looks unlikely as this is only 10 days away..

No work can commence until official permission is granted.

Weather permitting work will start almost immediately.

Unfortunately, because of the weather on Friday at least 30 attendees failed to make the dinner

and as a result the amount raised was not as much as we hoped.

Thanks for the update Wisden Ram,shame that the snow spoilt the fundraising night on Friday.

I would be happy to make a donation to this project, wouldn't a bucket collection at the Fev game be possible?

We had a Bucket Collection at the Halifax game and in truth, the amount collected was very disappointing

compared to the amount collected at the Bradford Bulls game for another worthy cause.

If you wish to make a Donation you can contact me by E-mail or hand in your contribution at the Club Office

and it will be paid in to the nominated Bank Account. When the project is complete, your Donation will be acknowledged.

Yeah the HW radio picked up about £400 at the bradford game- if memory serves me right.

I never heard the PA announce or did I see an opportunity to contribute at the Halifax game for the terrace fund.

I will make a contribution at reception when we play Fev

We had a Bucket Collection at the Halifax game and in truth, the amount collected was very disappointing

compared to the amount collected at the Bradford Bulls game for another worthy cause.

If you wish to make a Donation you can contact me by E-mail or hand in your contribution at the Club Office

and it will be paid in to the nominated Bank Account. When the project is complete, your Donation will be acknowledged.

Leaving a cheque at the fev game - who do you want it made out to (BSJ said to the dewsbury rams is that ok?). What do I put on the envelope, just to the terrace fund organisers ?

For the Halifax game I was in the South Stand and saw no-one doing a bucket collection.

The lads from HWD radio stood outside the 2 entrances to the south stand and asked for donations as the supporters came in and then came around the terrace at h-time

I would imagine if we did the same against Fev for the terrace project and announced it over the PA as well we could raise a further £500+ as the crowd should be pretty decent

I was stood in the south stand for the Halifax game, and although our new cheerleaders are brilliant at performing on the pitch, unfortunately they are not very good at bucket collections. They did not mingle amongst the supporters and only walked along two rows of the terracing. Many people never even saw them collecting. I had to chase them to give a donation. We needed to be more 'in your face' as the HWD collectors were.

Any updates on the start of work on the terracing yet.hope to see some progress been made for the Fev game.