Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mahtsalleh

Marketing / media / communications ideas

68 posts in this topic

Re the asian involvment in the game. Khan at Bradford, Nahaboo at Featherstone and the prospective new owner at Salford are all of asian background. Maybe all this will pique interest in the game in the local asian communities in some of our northern towns.?

I have seen a few play, because I take charge at a local under 10's team (Dewsbury Moor), I have seen two children, both Pakistani, play myself.

In fact in terms of marketing, I'm going to make a point, why don't we do what Batley do and make the prices the same for both stands?

I have seen a few play, because I take charge at a local under 10's team (Dewsbury Moor), I have seen two children, both Pakistani, play myself.

I bet they were actually British!

(Just for accuracy.)

This is a forum, I share my opinions as much as my ideas. Could I help put them into action? Of course not, I spend as much time in the UK as I do out of it but that doesn't mean I am not passionate about the club moving forward and willing to help throw ideas into the forum. But I have tried:

4 years ago I had a career lined up which would take me all over the world, to some of the most amazing places on this earth, many UNESCO, wonders of the world and far flung places that are completely isolated save for days of travel. I contacted the club and asked if they would like me to take a Dewsbury shirt and have it snapped all over the planet - I was completely ignored.

About 6 months later off the back of my first trip around China and the Far east I got in touch with the club again - I was completely ignored.

Since that first contact I have been to 42 countries across 6 continents, the ONLY wonders of the world (modern/ancient/and historical) that I HAVENT been to is Machu Pichu in Peru and Im going there next month and the Great Barrier Reef (which Ive no plans of going to at the moment)

I could have put a Dewsbury shirt across Asia, the USA and to just about every corner of India including on some of the worlds highest peaks, most baron deserts or densest jungles.

So Equalizer, don't come at me with this whole 'cross the line, keyboard warrior' sketch because it doesn't fit. I have tried to help the club where time allows and I was ignored, twice.

Still, my offer does stand, I am going to Egypt on the 24th Jan (Cairo/Hurghada/Luxor/Abu Simbel/Aswan/Siwa Oasis and the Western Desert) and then Venice/Rome/Venezuala/Colombia/Peru/Brussels on the 25th Feb.

Has to be the most self obsessed,vain comment I have ever seen on here.

Thanks for letting us all know about your travel plans and taking time to add up all your previous destinations.

What makes you think that travelling around like some modern day Phillias Fogg,and draping a Rams shirt over some unsuspecting local and then posting a picture of it,is going to get more people to the next Rams game?

Just because the club did not immediately sign you up as a roving ambassador,then the club are at fault for missing such a great opportunity.Shame on them.Maybe we can get them to make a special set of red,amber and black suitcases for you before you go away,and fill them with cuddly Roger the Ram toys to give out to all the kids you meet on the trip.Don,t forget to include a copy of this years fixture list so they can plan their trips over here.

Agreeing with Toms comment I am more than willing to go to any school or suitable event in the yorksire region to spread the word of the Rams. Infact last year I attended the Thornhill Lees community centre family funday which is a stones throw from Savile town. I also attended Westborough high school and Raventhorpe J&I school. I frequently go down into Dewsbury for all the town centre events and I’ve even gone shopping in all the gear on Saturdays just for the hell of it before some matches to spread the word and answer questions about fixture times and dates. On a final note last year I attended 80 plus events as the horned ambassador of the Rams. Lets see if I can do 100+ this year.

Has to be the most self obsessed,vain comment I have ever seen on here.

Thanks for letting us all know about your travel plans and taking time to add up all your previous destinations.

What makes you think that travelling around like some modern day Phillias Fogg,and draping a Rams shirt over some unsuspecting local and then posting a picture of it,is going to get more people to the next Rams game?

Just because the club did not immediately sign you up as a roving ambassador,then the club are at fault for missing such a great opportunity.Shame on them.Maybe we can get them to make a special set of red,amber and black suitcases for you before you go away,and fill them with cuddly Roger the Ram toys to give out to all the kids you meet on the trip.Don,t forget to include a copy of this years fixture list so they can plan their trips over here.

Exposure, something different, something fun.

Still, better than any idea you have come up with. Acually, who are you?

Tom - Thanks for addressing what I wrote, its appreciated.

Roger - Your a good bloke, I have seen the work you do and hope the club values you like it should.

I bet they were actually British!

(Just for accuracy.)

Maybe so BSJ, maybe so, but yet again, if they are/were british, they are/would be British Pakistani, if you get my point

Maybe so BSJ, maybe so, but yet again, if they are/were british, they are/would be British Pakistani, if you get my point

If they were born in the UK - They are British.

Nothing else to it.

Exposure, something different, something fun.

Still, better than any idea you have come up with. Acually, who are you?

Tom - Thanks for addressing what I wrote, its appreciated.

Roger - Your a good bloke, I have seen the work you do and hope the club values you like it should.

Do I have to be someone?

As you say in your post this is a forum.I am entitled to come on and comment.

I do not have your obvious urge to list the things I have done and still do.

Neither do I have to have to come up with ideas(though red amber and black suite cases for travelling)could be seen as a possible for the more well travelled Dewsbury fans.

I have been a Dewsbury fan for a long long time and follow the club in my own way.The fact that you or others on here do not know me does not mean that I should not have a say.There are plenty of fans who do not follow the forum or other media forums,does that mean they are not entitled to have an opinion about the club?

I am an avid follower of the forum and do not find it necessary to comment very often,however with this post and a previous one when you talk of gaining a degree, it all just screams "look at me,look what I have done,how could you not think my ideas are great"?

I personally didn't,t think the idea was great and obviously neither did the club.

If they were born in the UK - They are British.

Nothing else to it.

Yes, but they are of Pakistani ethnicity, they are British by nationality.

Yes, but they are of Pakistani ethnicity, they are British by nationality.

...Which makes 'them' as British as you or I.

Exactly

So when they go to watch england v pakistan at cricket, they'll be draping themselves in the union jack as usual will they ? The fact is that many (not all) asian kids don't consider themselves british first and foremost, in the same way that many english born, second generation scots don't consider themselves english when it comes to aligning themselves with regard to nationality. It's one of life's facts, and I'm sure many second generation poms feel the same in australia (which also rubs up the oz populace big time I understand). It's also a fact that they are lucky enough to live in a country where they have the choice to be who they want to be.

So when they go to watch england v pakistan at cricket, they'll be draping themselves in the union jack as usual will they ? The fact is that many (not all) asian kids don't consider themselves british first and foremost, in the same way that many english born, second generation scots don't consider themselves english when it comes to aligning themselves with regard to nationality. It's one of life's facts, and I'm sure many second generation poms feel the same in australia (which also rubs up the oz populace big time I understand). It's also a fact that they are lucky enough to live in a country where they have the choice to be who they want to be.

Couldn't agree more.

And we are equally lucky to have been born here too, aren't we?

Exactly GOR, nothing wrong there

And we are equally lucky to have been born here too, aren't we?

I am proud to be ENGLISH (see, my xenophobia even extends to the jocks despite being partly of scots origin) - and yes I consider myself very lucky to have been born here - sometimes wish I'd been born in wigan or st helens though. :rolleyes:

I thought this thread was about generating marketing ideas. Instead seems to have degenerated into the old pointless discussion about race/colour. Asian people are here to stay whether you like or not, whether you agree with how they live or not and as they are not interested generally in rugby, it seems an even more pointless debate.

Yes the club have tried and it is unlikely that Dewsbury or any other RL club will ever have a large Asian support. Advertising is about targeting people who may buy your product not wasting time and money on people who won't.