Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fester

Todays game

70 posts in this topic

i think we were hampered by injury/suspension a lot more than widnes were.

I see our friends up the road had a storming 18-0 win over Gateshead in front of a bumper crowd of 382 !

Let's hope we have a clean bill of health after today . Top win by the Jam , there's the last 4 pages of the fanzine sewn up.

I see our friends up the road had a storming 18-0 win over Gateshead in front of a bumper crowd of 382 !

That will take full back page lol

No disrespect to Workington but Widnes played awful today and still put 30 points on your team.I think I rather have Cahill,Cross,Briscoe,Phelps,Kev Brown,Ah Van,and Pickgersgill than some of your players mentioned.

What's the point of that ? Your a full time SL squad ... Hardly like for like is it.

Agree David just the way some put it mate.Anyway I want Workington to do well this year and I hope a few of our youngsters get a chance at your club.

Indeed. Good for both . Give us some talent and they'll be made better players . All the SL lads who come here not only improve , they get in the shop window and they love the craic here . Long as they're good players they'll be most welcome as all the other teams will have good standard loanies.

What positions are you short of cover David?Gilmore our number 28 is a good halfback and Gerrard at prop and Lawton a Secondrower needs game time.Jack Owens a fullback also needs higher rugby too than u19s

What young goal young goal kickers do yous have?

Centre ... Half who runs at the line with pace ( two being greedy ) ... Second row and fullback cover ... Goal kicker ... Pacy try scoring finisher on wing ...we're ok for props . Our need is heaviest early on in the season so as much ammo as you have right at the start of the season till Easter.

And after such a storming victory this quote made me chuckle!

All in all good display and very optimistic for this season should have enough alround strength to stop up

What young goal young goal kickers do yous have?

We have Danny Craven who can kick, but i think he be a regular first teamer.Jack Owens is a good kicker and is not a bad fullback.The best of the Youngsters has to be Tom Gilmore, who was our Number 28 today and is a creative halfback,good kicking game and kicks goals mate.Grant Gore who is injured at the moment is a halfback or hooker and can also kick goals.

Any feedback from Townies at the match ?

Stand out players in the forwards for me were Coward, B.Phillips & Walne. C.Phillips also had a good game.

that sounds a good effort with a patched up team against a SL outfit. it hillarious seeing the jampots chuffed with their massive win over gateshead thunder. apparently thunder are a really good side now. pmsl

I thought your number 9 looked a decent player.I think was Philiphs?Wish someone take Leuluai from Widnes, as I really do not rate him.

that sounds a good effort with a patched up team against a SL outfit. it hillarious seeing the jampots chuffed with their massive win over gateshead thunder. apparently thunder are a really good side now. pmsl

Absolutely massive win for them..... The Thunder must be favourites to finish top of the league.

Is that the same Gateshead that beat town last season.Well actually it's not they have a raft of new players brought in and did well against Hull KR the week before.As for the crowd yes very poor but given the weather and the footie that was on not a suprise.Once Widnes take out all the matchday running expense think haven will have done better than town out of yesterday's games

Is that the same Gateshead that beat town last season.Well actually it's not they have a raft of new players brought in and did well against Hull KR the week before.As for the crowd yes very poor but given the weather and the footie that was on not a suprise.Once Widnes take out all the matchday running expense think haven will have done better than town out of yesterday's games

Well you will know who made the most as you are privy to information that even our directors aren't aware of. Yeah was a pretty poor turn out even given that it was a friendly,weather was poor and football was on telly.

Anyway on the plus side I hear our ground improvements are going well, maybe more haven fans would have turned out knowing they would have kept dry in a new stadium.........

same old h4e, always biting. ;)

I thought your number 9 looked a decent player.I think was Philiphs?Wish someone take Leuluai from Widnes, as I really do not rate him.

That was his first game as a professional, we've just signed him from the amateur club, Seaton Rangers. He was a BARLA junior international.

That was his first game as a professional, we've just signed him from the amateur club, Seaton Rangers. He was a BARLA junior international.

Keith I was impressed with him and we need a hooker.Haha.

Keith I was impressed with him and we need a hooker.Haha.

Keep ya hands off haha