Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lifer

score update

29 posts in this topic

Morning all, can't make the game today so would appreciate it if anyone can put score updates on here please. many thanks..

Moral victory to BARLA.

To be fair to the Raiders they had unlimited substitutes and so were always fresh.

Good debut for Casey and McGilvary is getting more settled ( he is better with the ball in hand, I worry about his catching ability)

Campbell came off and reappeared on crutches, hopefully it isn't too bad.

One or two of the BARLA lads impressed especially the 7 and 1.

I'm not sure if the game was supposed to be such a test because it certainly was.

Yes final score 22-20 Attendance 555.

Couldnt make the game today but sounds like it was a lot tuffer than expected. Poor crowd but the weather has not helped lets hope the crowd will cover any monies agreed with BARLA

Does anyone have the barla team please.

There was about 30 of them. The names were read out but as there wasn't a programme it was difficult to take much notice.

No worries cheers.

BARLA team on the Evening Mails website now.

I don't think a lot could be judged from todays game. It was very cold,wet and muddy and mistake free attacking rugby was impossible. The Raiders found it very difficult to break down a resolute BARLA defence and on a few occassions the Raiders defence was paper thin. Although Raiders won BARLA could and should have scored at least 2 further tries but mishandled. I agree it was a moral victory to BARLA.

Last week I chose Kurt Haggerty as my MOM and he followed that up with a hat trick this week. In addition he did a number of crunching tackles and handled well. I think he will have an excellent season.

Let's hope for decent weather next Sunday and a good crowd.

Barrow Raiders Starting XIII: Dean McGilvray, Mike Backhouse, Chris Larkin, Max Wiper, Adam Clay, Sean Casey, Liam Campbell, Brad Brennan, Liam Finch, Danny Jones, Liam Harrison, Kurt Haggerty, Dan Toal.

Substitutes: James Dandy, Matthew Haggarty, Mike Whitehead, Lee Haney, Brad Marwood.

BARLA GB Starting XIII: Ryan Rogers, Tom Morby, Kieron Murphy, Scott Lofthouse, Mike Johnson, Ryan Smith, Richard George, Zac Johnson, Richard Hough, Richard Huby, Adam Nicholson, Sean Foster, Matt Huby.

Substitutes: Marcus O’Brien, David Lowery, Danny Lynch, Steve Marsh, Johnny Golding, Adam Thomason, Pat Foulston, Sam Forrester, Francis King.

Referee: Chris Leatherbarrow.

Attendance: 555.

Is Casey an improvement on Kaighan or was it too hard to tell from todays game?

well done to both sides in horrid conditions today.

i thought Adam Nicholson had a belting game for BARLA in the 2nd row.

I thought Kurt Haggerty and Bull were outstanding for Barrow and Casey's in field kicking was a revelation after last weeks very poor effort from our no 6

Best Team lost today