Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thundergaz

Wakey score

56 posts in this topic

28-0 to wakey nearly half time they have their full strength squad out. We are not playing bad but they are a different class to us. They look good

Thanks for the score updates thundergaz.

Thanks for the score updates thundergaz.

Your welcome its just a shame we have half a dozen players missing I think we would of given them a really good game if we had our full team out.( we probably still would of lost but it wud of been closer I bet) their is one plus up to now though our forwards look like they could compete against any pack.Lamont is having an outstanding game he looks the biz.

38-10 FT

Thanks Tg. Laid here in bed suffering but got the news. 6 days tomorrow. Doctor turned me away muttering 'Virus'. Any tips guys? On my 4th bottle of cough medicine. Not eating.

Lots of positives today a lot better than playing a lowly champ club and putting 50 plus past them you don't really learn owt from them games but today a lot of positives.

Best side in second half. Forwards really took it to them in second half and the defence was immense some really big hits. Shame about the isiot in the yellow shirt.

First half very disjointed but still bombed 3 tries. Could have been very different.

Can someone explain the new rule today regarding our team kicking the ball chasing it not recovering it so ref brings teams back for a scrum and gives us head and feed

The ref was out of his depth today. But that aside best team won on the day and good luck to wakey for the season they looked very good in open play and I'm sure top 8 will be minimum for them this season.

Can someone explain the new rule today regarding our team kicking the ball chasing it not recovering it so ref brings teams back for a scrum and gives us head and feed

Change in the advantage rule ? Rovers didn't get the ball so they get the scrum ? :mellow:

Just guessing, like......

Change in the advantage rule ? Rovers didn't get the ball so they get the scrum ? :mellow:

Richie are you a closet Fev fan because you spend more time on our forum than a lot of Fev fans. I know their Is only 5 eagles fans but if your lonely buy a dog

This ruling affiliates us to the kick and clap brigade. The RL want to speed the game up, but this does the complete opposite.

IMO,not much to choose between the teams as far as actual rugby goes. They were just sharper and slicker on the ball. Dont think their forwards broke any pots, but their strength today was in their halfback line up. Owd Cocky had a blinder.

I still believe that we lack that physical presence on the field and very rarely do we try anything different in our approach, such as a dink over the top or a good kick in play to relieve pressure or scoots from dummy half.

Cannot see any problems this year on todays showing.

IMO,not much to choose between the teams as far as actual rugby goes. They were just sharper and slicker on the ball. Dont think their forwards broke any pots, but their strength today was in their halfback line up. Owd Cocky had a blinder.

I still believe that we lack that physical presence on the field and very rarely do we try anything different in our approach, such as a dink over the top or a good kick in play to relieve pressure or scoots from dummy half.

Cannot see any problems this year on todays showing.

Agree bob we don't seem to have a plan B. DP as a way of playing the game and he sticks to it ( which I don't mind but it caught us out in the two finals last season when we didn't have a plan B )But yes I do agree with you that we will be very hard to beat again this season. Also I think our pack as the potential to be stronger this season than last. I thought our forwards were immense today and lamont looked a class player in the making he was outstanding today.

Surprises me Gaz as I rate both your halfbacks. Maybe your coach is out of his depth ? ;)

Agree bob we don't seem to have a plan B. DP as a way of playing the game and he sticks to it ( which I don't mind but it caught us out in the two finals last season when we didn't have a plan B )But yes I do agree with you that we will be very hard to beat again this season. Also I think our pack as the potential to be stronger this season than last. I thought our forwards were immense today and lamont looked a class player in the making he was outstanding today.

Get him on the treadmill for a few hours and he will be a force to be reckoned with.