Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thundergaz

Wakey score

LOWFIELD    168

Briggsy 6 Heppy 13.

We can't accommadate everyone. Ellis to 9 interchange with Kainy. - That would mean Kaye missing out but is the most effective use of the play-makers. Doesn't mean I think Benny the Ball is crapola, I just think we have more options with Kainy coming off the bench.

The only other consideration would be perhaps Heppy at 3 or 4, but I'm not sure he has the size for Centre.

Then, is there room enough in the squad for Matty Dale and Tim spears in the same team??? For me no. I think the two are very similar. We have a big squad now and I don't think you can play both. One or t'other.

Hardo

Tommy S

Helliwell/Sam if fit/available

Greg

Tomm H

Briggsy

Liam

Ingy

Ellis

Crossley

Lamont

Tim

Heppy

Matt James

Locky

Kainy

and then one other................ depending on oposition etc....

Daryl may have other ideas. He's the coach not me. Personally I preferred a settled team asap rather than rotating for the sake of rotation. Players get injured, others will get their chances.

But the sooner a settled team is arrived at the better it will be for me.

But like I said, I'm just a Ginger bloke that's never played or coached at that level.... there are others at the club who've forgotten more than I'll ever know.

The way you went down when i put that shoulder on you its a pretty good job your not in charge, it was like tackling an empty shirt

Robin Evans    982

Oh ey up. Blow hard puts a cheap shot on a one legged bloke, when he wasny lookin n now he's ten men!

Go count bollards on t'M1 soft lad!

Ackydave    2

Without Ben at 9 we ship more points and he helps to pick things up at acting half. Kainy was the outstanding player last season, Ellis will be devastating from acting half and Briggsy needs to come back to stand off - leaving the loose forward post to Heppy and Mat.

I'm sure a decent rotation system can be found that utilises the strengths of each of the players.

like Bob Though, I'm always surprised by the way we (and other teams) spurn opportunities for summatt different.

Take dropping out from under the sticks or from the kick off on the half way line; more often than not you'll find an acre of space between the opposing front defenders and those posted on their own line. The vast majority end up being kicked as far as, or high as possible when, with a little bit of practice, those spaces could be exploited. The same could be said at scrums when the opposition full back comes up in to the line.

Like Bob I've probably been spoiled over the years by some of the scrum halves we've enjoyed at PR over the years - and that included Finny.

I sometimes think that coaches are afraid to deviate too much from the "norm." I'm not criticising DP - far from it - he's the best thing that's happened to us for donkeys years. I just think that all coaches tend to play percentages too often

oldrover    370

great when it comes off, brown stuff hits the fan when it doesn't. thing is, the coaches job is on the line, ours isn't

thundergaz    165

great when it comes off, brown stuff hits the fan when it doesn't. thing is, the coaches job is on the line, ours isn't

His jobs safe OR I bet until after a few seasons in SL. That's if we get there of course.