Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

town4me

bowdens steps down ?

25 posts in this topic

anyone else heard the rumour that dave bowden is stepping down as chairman

Is that why a heli-pad has just been introduced into the stadium plans?

well i think we all owe dave bowden a lot of gratitude. hes turned the club round from whipping boys to a more than competetive team who continuosly make a profit off the field. and he leaves on a high with the club securing promotion and hosting the wc games.

He can be well proud of his tenure , and he's been an excellent face and voice of the club to the RL community at large.

well i think we all owe dave bowden a lot of gratitude. hes turned the club round from whipping boys to a more than competetive team who continuosly make a profit off the field. and he leaves on a high with the club securing promotion and hosting the wc games.

Agreed done a very good job in difficult circumstances, the nicking of the world cup games and the included ground development from the jam pots is the crowning glory. :lol:

thanks for everything dave. a chairman who has steered the club through difficult times and leaves us in good condition on and off the feild

Yea agree with you Wonky. hes been a brilliant chairmen and gave us fans what we asked for alot of the time and turned the club around.cheers dave.

Dave has been a rock for Town and we are a better club through his efforts. It has been hard graft for Dave and the other directors over the past 10 years, with there only being so few to share the workload but they worked miracles to keep us out of debt andat the same time give us a team on the field to be proud of. I hope as Dave says, we can get some of o2ur younger fans to come forward and take up the positions of directors. Thank you Dave.

Well I didn't see that coming!

Thanks for everything Dave, a superb chairman through a very difficult time in the clubs history. The club is in a much better shape than it was 10 years ago and that is to your credit.

It will be a big hole to fill, I just hope the club can fill the void!

We can dream that we're the next in the growing line to welcome a big money man to the fold ...!

Be a massive loss to the club, he has done a fantastic job in his time at workington town. Thanks for everything Dave.

Just had a thought. If our Vice Chairman, Mark, takes the hot seat we will have a former Haven player as our Chairman and Haven have a former Town player as their Chairman!!!

Will be a massive loss to the club, he is Blue and White through and through......

Thanks for everything Dave - You've done the club proud under your leadership.

Be a massive loss to the club, he has done a fantastic job in his time at workington town. Thanks for everything Dave.

Agreed, a big loss really sorry to see him go. Hard boots to fill.

Most supporters who post on this forum would say they love our club, I certainly do, and have done since I first watched them as a seven year old. we buy our season tickets, our replica shirts, our Lottery tickets, our half time draw tickets and put a bob or two behind the bar on matchdays. In a nutshell we all think we do our bit, and if there were a few hundred more like us, the club would be in a better position.

If we love the Town, then how much does Dave Bowden love them ? He has put his heart and sole (and money) into running the club for the past 10 years, at times it must have seemed like it was a 24/7 job with his family and home life taking a back seat.........that's true love.

Dave and his BOD stepped in to save the club from sliding into the abbyss 10 years ago, and he leaves us with the club in a higher division, in the black, and with a squad of players (when fit) who can hold their own in this division, most of who are on 2 year contracts. A remarkable achievment by any standards. Mission accomplished :)

Best of luck for the future Dave, enjoy the spare time you will now have, and thanks for your drive and unselfish commitment over the past 10 years. You deserve a place in the hall of fame, up there with Brian Edgar and Gus...........Thanks mate :(

UP THE TOWN

I dont think anyone could say it better than that, brilliantly put.