Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

badger24

Duel reg players

61 posts in this topic

I think we had 1 that played maybe 2 or 3 games when we had an injury crisis with wingers? Then 1 player on loan which makes him a part of the club, no problem with loan deals. Completely different than having a reported 11 available for selection isn't it?

Oh you had a winger crisis, why didnt you say so that's ok then ;) oh and by the way that's still one more dual reg than 'Leeds A' had last season (Hunslet Hawks RLFC)

At the end of the day (end of september) the table will show that the championship teams with regular players will prevail while the sl 2nd teams with a mish mash of wannabees will fight for the scraps.

What will you do then?

Merge?!???!!?!!?

At the end of the day (end of september) the table will show that the championship teams with regular players will prevail while the sl 2nd teams with a mish mash of wannabees will fight for the scraps.

What will you do then?

Merge?!???!!?!!?

can you give us the lottery numbers for next week as well please?

Makes a mockery of the likes of Sheffield, Halifax, Leigh and Featherstone that are trying to go it alone! So now we have Leeds A and Hull A in the championship. Ridiculous! Featherstone were in a right state years ago and have worked hard to get out of it to be on the cusp of being a Super League side and showing huge aspiration for the future. Unsure why teams like Hunslet and York have just decided to be dictated to by a Super League side. Ridiculous!

Leigh had a squad full of dual reg players a couple of years ago ya crank. Plus how many times have Halifax and Leigh had the begging bowls out cause they couldn't pay their bills?? I can't remember hunslet or York begging fans for money to survive the season after. I really hope Sheffield win it again this year cause the other so called big clubs are up their own ars*s

Leigh had a squad full of dual reg players a couple of years ago ya crank. Plus how many times have Halifax and Leigh had the begging bowls out cause they couldn't pay their bills?? I can't remember hunslet or York begging fans for money to survive the season after. I really hope Sheffield win it again this year cause the other so called big clubs are up their own ars*s

nicely put Macca , hope your well pal

What will you do then?

Merge?!???!!?!!?

No it will show the clubs with the most money paying the highest wages at the top, but end of the day (end of september) what's the point finishing top?

What's the point in finishing top? With supporters having an attitude like that no wonder your side isn't going anywhere? Whether you can get promoted or not, surely the goal of playing a competitive sport is to have the best side you can have?

Whether you can get promoted or not, surely the goal of playing a competitive sport is to have the best side you can have?

Which is exactly why clubs like York & Hunslet are going down the DR route.

What's the point in finishing top? With supporters having an attitude like that no wonder your side isn't going anywhere? Whether you can get promoted or not, surely the goal of playing a competitive sport is to have the best side you can have?

finishing top is small fry, its all about winning the grand final

Which is exactly why clubs like York & Hunslet are going down the DR route.

By using somebody elses players or in yorks case, team.! mmmmmmm, ok

They should have chucked cranks like you in the pits before they filled em in. See the mighty fev got beat 2day by your bigger neighbours. Shame that!!!

Since when did a whole rugby league team consist of just 5 players?

Surely it's more important to win the grand final was my point!

And Hunslet will have the best team we can possibly have in 2013, it will be within budget and will not put the clubs future at risk if that is not good enough to finish top (or become the champions) then so be it.

Surely it's more important to win the grand final was my point!

And Hunslet will have the best team we can possibly have in 2013, it will be within budget and will not put the clubs future at risk if that is not good enough to finish top (or become the champions) then so be it.

True .

Surely that is the point helping clubs that don't have a sugar daddy !!

Would you want to come and put 70-80 points past us without any reply ?????

Be honest !!!!

Seems the only fans worrying about this are our friends from Fev , lads worry about yourselves & leave us to worry about our teams , as said without the cash being pumped in where would Fev be ?

ther was an old saying when someone got too cocky and it was this The more the monkey climbs the tree the more it shows its a r s e :lol: :lol:

Nicely put, Col ! :D

Surely it will improve the competition as a whole by making it more competitive.And no matter how many dual regs a club has they can only splay so many per game.

Surely it will improve the competition as a whole by making it more competitive.And no matter how many dual regs a club has they can only splay so many per game.

Yeah 5 . May not even use them it's at gt discretion ?

What's all the fuss about its been happening for few seasons now ??????

Think the Fev fans or maybe just Sidnee are getting worried the comp might not be so easy this season lol

Think the Fev fans or maybe just Sidnee are getting worried the comp might not be so easy this season lol

I think you might be right

Thought there was more than York and Hunslet using D/R players this year?, I must have got it wrong. :rolleyes:

To be honest I cant really see why the Fev fans are so concerned about how the 'lower' clubs are run. It is no secret that Fev are the club that most championship and championship 1 teams aspire to be. What with a successful team, decent crowd, good financial backing and really good community programme im sure i wouldnt be lying when I say nearly all other clubs will have looked to see how they can be more like Featherstone.

With that said, years ago im sure the people at Featherstone will of compared their club on the high flyers at the time and like in all sport the merry go round effect will have happened. Fact is, clubs can only do what is within their means and set realistic goals for them and their particular situation. No doubt it will all go round again and in 10-12 years time many things will have changed and who knows where they will be!

Far from it bk, far far from it.

Might need a dual reg prop asap, sounds like Luke Stenchion may be out for 2/3 weeks.

Looks like Haven's new PNG prop won't be here until late February.