Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hindle xiii

Bulls news thread

159 posts in this topic

After a turbulent 2012, this year seems to be a bit quiet so far at Odsal, however a few news bites have hit the back pages...

Kate Hardcastle, a lifelong Bradford fan and award-winning businesswoman, will join owner Omar Khan on the board of the Super League club.
Link

Around 6,500 season tickets sold so far, and "The 80's Strike Back: The Ultimate Party" is to be at Odsal over the May Bank Holiday Weekend (also the Magic Weekend...).

6500 great news - Bull fans must be proud and looking forward to a season without uncertainty.

Can they get into the top 8 - Good luck and hopefully the sleeping giant will rise again!!!

"hailed as a potential Karren Brady of Rugby League." Oh Gawd...

gOod to see a club appoint someone recognised as an expert in marketing rather than just having money to give away.

More clubs should do like wise.

I hope the good times return to Odsal, I'll go to away matches again he they do - it was always one of the best but needs a full house.

Around 6,500 season tickets sold so far

Is that at full price or the cut price ones of recent years?

If the former, great news!

Kate Hardcastle appears regularly on BBC TV Breakfast. I reckon she'll be great addition to the Bulls BoD

see here

good to see positive news coming from odsal,

Jeez she's tasty too..............

on second thoughts....

Well, compared to Kath Heth***ton, she's a goddess.

Well, compared to Kath Heth***ton, she's a goddess.

compared to kath hetherington i'm a goddess...................

What you do in your own time is your business ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nowhere else to really put this, but you gotta love Jarrod Sammut...!

Post match meal today...

BBEnittCEAA6U6b.jpg

Nowhere else to really put this, but you gotta love Jarrod Sammut...!

Post match meal today...

BBEnittCEAA6U6b.jpg

I guess gledhill is with him

I suppose this should warm up the board a bit across a few West Yorkshire towns.

Nigel Wood's thumbs-up for Bulls progress, aka we'll probably keep our SL place

I'm not sure about that. The noises coming from the prospective SL candidates in the Championship were along the lines of "don't expect us to rescue the situation, we are gearing up for 2015 applications and won't be rushed into SL half prepared just to sort out someone else mess".

Individual fans may want to have a go depending on the axe they are grinding, but as always they should check the positions of their respective clubs boards before sounding off.

So for me this press release is true to form in that it contains several helpings of absolute bunkum.

As if the RFL are in any sort of a position to demote Bradford and promote whoever.

Here's more absolute bunkum "Uncertainty surrounds the criteria the club must fulfil to stay in Super League beyond 2013".

How does one explain that vacuuous piece of P & R other than they will keep the criteria fluid so no targets are set for the Bulls that they may go and miss. RFL don't want such embarrassments. It really is time to scrap this "licensing criteria" rubbish.

If Bulls can compete on the field that's all that's needed and their success this year will be greatly helped by a Salford depleted by the recent ongoings and protracted negotiations, A HKR that has set a low player spend this year, a Castleford who is in more trouble than Bulls were but have cut spending on players to stay barely afloat, A Wakefield still trying to rebuild after similar problems, and a London who are set for same old same old.

But just how depleted are the Bulls, after all they were protected from having their player base destroyed? the very idea they received that sort of favouritism only to be "threatened" in a bunkum press release they may not survive in SL doesn't add up. The RFL are not going to shoot themselves in their own foot..

This isn't a rant against the Mighty Bulls, it's against bunkum P.R. rubbish like this. Still if it stops Bradford fans "resting easy" and makes them get out to games in their tens of thousands at least it will have achieved some sort of a positive purpose, although disingenuously.

I'm not sure about that. The noises coming from the prospective SL candidates in the Championship were along the lines of "don't expect us to rescue the situation, we are gearing up for 2015 applications and won't be rushed into SL half prepared just to sort out someone else mess".

Individual fans may want to have a go depending on the axe they are grinding, but as always they should check the positions of their respective clubs boards before sounding off.

So for me this press release is true to form in that it contains several helpings of absolute bunkum.

As if the RFL are in any sort of a position to demote Bradford and promote whoever.

Here's more absolute bunkum "Uncertainty surrounds the criteria the club must fulfil to stay in Super League beyond 2013".

How does one explain that vacuuous piece of P & R other than they will keep the criteria fluid so no targets are set for the Bulls that they may go and miss. RFL don't want such embarrassments. It really is time to scrap this "licensing criteria" rubbish.

If Bulls can compete on the field that's all that's needed and their success this year will be greatly helped by a Salford depleted by the recent ongoings and protracted negotiations, A HKR that has set a low player spend this year, a Castleford who is in more trouble than Bulls were but have cut spending on players to stay barely afloat, A Wakefield still trying to rebuild after similar problems, and a London who are set for same old same old.

But just how depleted are the Bulls, after all they were protected from having their player base destroyed? the very idea they received that sort of favouritism only to be "threatened" in a bunkum press release they may not survive in SL doesn't add up. The RFL are not going to shoot themselves in their own foot..

This isn't a rant against the Mighty Bulls, it's against bunkum P.R. rubbish like this. Still if it stops Bradford fans "resting easy" and makes them get out to games in their tens of thousands at least it will have achieved some sort of a positive purpose, although disingenuously.

I actually think you are correct and there is zero chance the Bulls will be thrown out. On the other hand the Titanic was considered to be unsinkable.