Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

boxhead

RFL

85 posts in this topic

"I see no clear vision of where the game, both at Pro Level and Grassroots, aims to go under Wood and Rimmer and how exactly its going to get there" Serious question,:Why do you need to know? the season has not yet begun. We know the fixtures, we know the rules, we know the broadcasters, we know about the World Cup. What else is there to know that will make any difference to the fans? ? How do we know that the clubs do not have enough information to take them through to the next licence?

As somebody who is interested in the game at many levels, I want to know how the RFL plan to further develop the game especially at Grassroots level, especially with the recent grant cuts from Sport England. I also want to know what the RFL has planned to improve the standards on and off the field both in SL and the Championship. I want to know what the RFL has in place regarding the future of the Championship. Is its aim to see it as a feeder League? How does the RFL intend to improve its income revenue. There is a strategic plan from the RFL but only up to 2013. What about the future? http://www.docstoc.com/docs/128151909/RFL-STRATEGIC-PLANNING-2008---2013

Please remember that asking a question does not necessarily imply disagreement. It is an opportunity to provide information.

Say what you like, but it gets pretty tiring after reading the same comments over and over again for months on end.

Fair enough when something goes belly up but this thread today appears to have been stated today for no reason whatsoever, other than to just have a good moan.

Something must be wrong if the leadership is constantly being attacked and the structure of the game is in a mess, the only people who seem to be happy are; the RFL employees, super league clubs and amateur administrators with egos.

Something must be wrong if the leadership is constantly being attacked and the structure of the game is in a mess, the only people who seem to be happy are; the RFL employees, super league clubs and amateur administrators with egos.

Exactly!

unfair to cock-ends. see here The game is thought to have begun in Italy in the 1500s. Bingo is believed to have migrated to France, Great Britain, and other parts of Europe in the 1700s.[ Players mark off numbers on a ticket as they are randomly called out, in order to achieve a winning combination. Bingo originates from the Italian lottery, Il Gioco del Lotto d'Italia. From Italy, the game spread to France and was known as Le Lotto, played by the French aristocracy. Tombola was used in nineteenth-century Germany as an educational tool to teach children multiplication tables, spelling, and even history.

yeah...its effing bingo!!

signing a deal with Bwin is something to shout about...

but foxy bingo is down right embarrassing

Nigel Wood and Ralph Rimmer have had enough time to show that they are the right people to lead our game in to a positive future. For me they are not the right people. I see no clear vision of where the game, both at Pro Level and Grassroots, aims to go under Wood and Rimmer and how exactly its going to get there. The game is at a crossroads right now and needs a strong leadership from the RFL. The administration of the game is simply not good enough. Wood seems to think all is well in the game or thats how his spin articles come across.

The Sponsorship is tough and I dont think the RFL can be completely blamed for not having Sponsors on board. The financial world is in a mess and the future bleak. So I wont criticize them for that. The poor Media presence doesnt help and neither does the way SL clubs like Bradford, Crusaders and Salford have managed to give a very negative picture of SL and the game. The negative publicity recently about SL clubs cutting academy teams and teams claiming they are struggling, if not deep in debt, hardly helps the RFL find a Sponsor willing to pay out millions.The RFL needs to administer the game way better than it does. Good bye Wood and Rimmer lets get some new people in. Maybe somebody like Noble, Sculthorpe etc who have good contacts and understanding of both Pro and Grassroots level should be involved alongside a Sports administrator like Lewis, who brought lots of money and sponsors in to the game and certainly helped the game in Europe. Lets have a review of all areas of the game and have a framework in place for ALL areas of the game and have a plan of what we want for the next 5-10 years and how we will achieve it.

a brilliant posting apart from one small thing no more lewis shown his mettle jumped ship and gone back to tennis let him stay there i would add schofield into the mix straight talking calls it as he sees it he would help bring back the great britain scenario instead of this so called england .

yeah...its effing bingo!!

signing a deal with Bwin is something to shout about...

but foxy bingo is down right embarrassing

Who do you think owns Foxy Bingo?

Is that deal any more embarrassing to fans than say, reading the interminable chippy negative, depressing posts from the "don't care what it is, I'm agin it" brigade of miserable ######ers on here?

To them, I'm with Richard Bach when he says, "The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly".

Foxy Bingo a Classy blue chip sponsor added to the Stable.

Cfoxy1.jpg

Warming to them already

Can our Sports perennial knockers now turn to the Salford thread and find something not uplifting about the good doctor's involvement there ?

Who do you think owns Foxy Bingo?

Is that deal any more embarrassing to fans than say, reading the interminable chippy negative, depressing posts from the "don't care what it is, I'm agin it" brigade of miserable ######ers on here?

To them, I'm with Richard Bach when he says, "The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly".

i know exactly who owns "foxy bingo" you clown

can i add as well i very rearly have a bad word to say about the RFL.....often backing them to the hilt...

but the current mob are taking us backwards!!

"exactly" ..isn't that a big word for an Oldham fan?

can i add as well i very rearly have a bad word to say about the RFL.....often backing them to the hilt...

but the current mob are taking us backwards!!

Where have you ever posted anything positive about the RFL?

Foxy Bingo a Classy blue chip sponsor added to the Stable.

Out of interest who would you have preferred to have been the "Official Bingo" partner?

Or are none of them classy enough for you? One can only imagine who negative the thread would have been had they turned down this opportunity, no doubt the same knockers would have hopped over the other side of the fence!

I suspect the leadership of most sporting governing bodies are under attack from some elements they represent at any given time.

The English FA seem to cop plenty for example, been going strong for 150 years, big new top flight TV deal coming into effect next year, plenty of blue chip sponsors on board, recently opened the superb St Georges Park for all national teams to benefit from yet you don't have to look far to find the knockers lining up to critisise them.

That is an absolute disgrace, embarrassment, farce, absurdity, joke, mockery and travesty. Our game would be much better off if it had no money at all, and had no one in charge. That way it would take over the world!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The late Bill Kenney first introduced shirt sponsorship to Moorends many years ago even before pro clubs had seen the method to raise cash, I always remember him saying at the meeting we discussed shirt spomsorship saying, "I don't care if we have Durex on our shirts as long as they are paying for them"

Luckily the Father-in-law of our full-back owned a scrap yard :)

Even the refs are getting in on the branding - sorry if this has been posted elsewhere.

nice little deal, definitely looking like there is a strategy of multi sponsors to build up cash flow and momentum, the more we have the less likely the sensitive souls fainting onto their chaise longues will complain. Ok maybe not.

Warming to them already

Can our Sports perennial knockers now turn to the Salford thread and find something not uplifting about the good doctor's involvement there ?

Sorry to lower the tone but if this is the perennial knockers, then count me in!!!

Edit. Meant to be that pic there!

Interesting interview with Dr Marwan Koukash here:

Seems as though he was introduced to rugby league and the Salford situation by Nigel Wood, the person many on here criticise for lack of leadership and strategy.

For all the financial troubles we've had at Wakey, Bradford & Salford recently, what we have seen is money and business acumen from outside the game come in and replace people who had been involved for a long-time and who were clearly out of their depth. Getting the right sort of people running our flagship clubs has to be a priority and we do seem to be slowly getting there.

Dr Koukash is rapidly becoming one of my favourite people in RL. I just hope he never fancies dipping into a RL messageboard to see what the fans are talking about.

Interesting interview with Dr Marwan Koukash here:

Seems as though he was introduced to rugby league and the Salford situation by Nigel Wood, the person many on here criticise for lack of leadership and strategy.

For all the financial troubles we've had at Wakey, Bradford & Salford recently, what we have seen is money and business acumen from outside the game come in and replace people who had been involved for a long-time and who were clearly out of their depth. Getting the right sort of people running our flagship clubs has to be a priority and we do seem to be slowly getting there.

The RFL get criticised a lot and sometimes rightly so but to find this man to recuse Salford as they have done must be praised. Judging from that interview, Dr Koukash seems like a gift from on high for the game in general and Salford in particular. If he gets ownership of the stadium for the club, what a master stroke, before any other team strtengthening oy anything else. If Sale stay, let them pay rent to Salford. Let all the bars and food outlets pour revenue into the club.

I remember the original proposals having retail units built on the site. If that is stiill on the cards, even more revenue. As you say, ther good Doctor seems to be a very, very able businessman and, if he is true to this word, Salford could end up being a big player in SL, self sustaining to boot.

Let's not get carried away.

“I was horrified when I first realised the state the club was in,” admitted Koukash, who attended last night’s game with his family and also met representatives from Peel Holdings, who part-own the stadium with Salford City Council.

“The club had been stripped of players and was spending future income. This will not be allowed to happen again.

“I am not a sugar daddy and it is obvious that we need income from outside activities to support this club.

Let's not get carried away.

Yep, that's exactly what he just said in the interview posted 2/3 posts ago.

I think it's a good thing that he's fully aware of the difficulties and honest about the situation. I'd rather that than him promise to throw a load of money in to plug the gaps without addressing the structural problems.