Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

boxhead

RFL

85 posts in this topic

Yep, that's exactly what he just said in the interview posted 2/3 posts ago.

I think it's a good thing that he's fully aware of the difficulties and honest about the situation. I'd rather that than him promise to throw a load of money in to plug the gaps without addressing the structural problems.

After Salford, Richard Lewis job is still up for grabs. :)

Dr Koukash is rapidly becoming one of my favourite people in RL. I just hope he never fancies dipping into a RL messageboard to see what the fans are talking about.

Top man! Dr Koukash comes across very well, he's certainly correct with regards to clubs owning and running their home facilities. If administrated correctly, a club can generate modest capital to support the costs of running the club. My club's board do a fantastic job running Workington Town, luckly we have two key factors in the Speedway tenants rent and the club's popular lottery game; where the majority of members are non-Town fans. Secondly I like Dr Koukash's viewpoint on Salford, initially he see this as a challenge and he certainly appears determined to succeed. Who knows in the future he may even fall in love with Salford Reds and TGG! 

Although Nigel Wood is no Richard Lewis it appears he has been instumental in this potential deal...fairplay to Mr Woods. With regards to sponsors, the sounds coming out of red hall related to Brut and the challenge cup sponsor being a beer company are very promising compared to last year! Before people start to complain with beer sponsors being undesirable; please look to Union's association with Guinness and Heineken plus the FA's partnership with Budweiser.

Top man! Dr Koukash comes across very well, he's certainly correct with regards to clubs owning and running their home facilities. If administrated correctly, a club can generate modest capital to support the costs of running the club. My club's board do a fantastic job running Workington Town, luckly we have two key factors in the Speedway tenants rent and the club's popular lottery game; where the majority of members are non-Town fans. Secondly I like Dr Koukash's viewpoint on Salford, initially he see this as a challenge and he certainly appears determined to succeed. Who knows in the future he may even fall in love with Salford Reds and TGG! 

Although Nigel Wood is no Richard Lewis it appears he has been instumental in this potential deal...fairplay to Mr Woods. With regards to sponsors, the sounds coming out of red hall related to Brut and the challenge cup sponsor being a beer company are very promising compared to last year! Before people start to complain with beer sponsors being undesirable; please look to Union's association with Guinness and Heineken plus the FA's partnership with Budweiser.

got no problem with a beer sponsor personally but it will impact on the French a bit

got no problem with a beer sponsor personally but it will impact on the French a bit

There must be a way around that. All their RU teams play in the Hieneken Cup.

There must be a way around that. All their RU teams play in the Hieneken Cup.

No, they play in the H-cup.

I can only presume that the new owner (must learn how to spell his name) intends to increase corporate entertainment revenue. He comes from a horse racing background, he must have a few interesting names in his address book.

I can only presume that the new owner (must learn how to spell his name) intends to increase corporate entertainment revenue. He comes from a horse racing background, he must have a few interesting names in his address book.

I heard his signing an appropriately named winger called Red Rum ;)

Was it Harlequins playing yesterday down in Biarritz in the H Cup?

Not sure what advertising was on the back of their shirt but there was a big white patch covering up something.

I heard his signing an appropriately named winger called Red Rum ;)

He has gone to Tesco