Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ProBono

2013 Squad Numbers and Captain

8 posts in this topic

Featherstone Rovers 2013 First Team Squad

1. Ian Hardman

2. Tom Saxton

3. Sam Smeaton

4. Greg Worthington

5. Tom Hodson

6. Andy Kain

7. Liam Finn (Captain)

8. Anthony England

9. Ben Kaye

10. Steve Crossley

11. Matty Dale

12. Tim Spears

13. Kyle Briggs

14. Andy Ellis

15. Lamont Bryan

16. Matt James

17. James Lockwood

18. Jonny Hepworth

19. Ben Helliwell

20. Micky Haley

21. Andy Bostock

22. Jack Bussey

23. Jack Ormanroyd

24. Liam Mackay

25. Todd Martin - Fan

No surprises really then as far as the captain is concerned. Don't know if the numbers reflect first team choice but if they do I'm surprised heppy isn't in the starting 17.Unless DP is going my route with lamont at loose forward.

Like DP says last night.. Squad numbers are not indicative of his 1st choice. All 1st places are there to be contested for. The number on the back is irrelevant!

However, if I was in the squad I'd want that no5 shirt!! :lol: :lol:

Like DP says last night.. Squad numbers are not indicative of his 1st choice. All 1st places are there to be contested for. The number on the back is irrelevant!

Why the no5 shirt robin? Because its probably the easiest to get and keep?

Not the no 11 shirt? I thought vertical stripes were supposed to be slimming. ;):lol:

Looking at the squad numbers I'm a bit worried. I mean we don't look like we have very good cover if any of our wingers get injured. We don't have anyone as a recognised good winger in the squad as a back up.

Looking at the squad numbers I'm a bit worried. I mean we don't look like we have very good cover if any of our wingers get injured. We don't have anyone as a recognised good winger in the squad as a back up.

Boom!!! Exactly what i was thinking, the wing position is the only one that worries me. Hodson has moved up a division an what matters if he doesn't make the grade or needs time to adapt? If Tommy was injured, we would have two inexperienced wingers and a young centre in Hellewell. Something to keep an eye on, its the one glaring squad weakness for me. I will get in in before anyone else does though, DP knows more than me about rugby.

In reply to the position of captain, hasn't this now become more or less a superfluous title?. Teams are now organised from the dug outs and it is quite a while since I observed a "captain" giving a team mate a good rollocking for making a mistake, or indeed a "captain" shouting his head off in encouragement to the team.