Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

duffymoon

SALFORD/KOUKASH

Blue Monkey    86

SWINTON are playing rugby tonight gentlemen...just thought i'd throw it out there.

Playing Rugby tonight? I thought we were playing Leigh.

Bryce    31

Don't tempt fate...one year and one relegation later and we could be playing any team that the RFL fancies adding to CC1!

I'll amend my previous comment to RL. Either way, I'll be watching the Lions and not talking nonsense about S*lford

iomlion    0

The history of anything is well worth referring to so mistakes don't get repeated and positive things are utilised again. I don't agree with dragging up names and events which mean nothing today and only promote argument with no possible outcome. We all know what happened and its just that.......history.

We have a great coach, good looking squad, partnership with a super league team of renown and owners who have kept us going when we should possibly have folded years ago.

Time scales and communication are a nightmare in any environment, we don't know what else these people have on the go and is taking up their time so chill and be happy we have a club to support......and a game tonight!

Ian

Please don't make an issue with words such as partnership, I don't care, you know what I mean!

Christophe    0

The history of anything is well worth referring to so mistakes don't get repeated and positive things are utilised again. I don't agree with dragging up names and events which mean nothing today and only promote argument with no possible outcome. We all know what happened and its just that.......history.

We have a great coach, good looking squad, partnership with a super league team of renown and owners who have kept us going when we should possibly have folded years ago.

Time scales and communication are a nightmare in any environment, we don't know what else these people have on the go and is taking up their time so chill and be happy we have a club to support......and a game tonight!

Ian

Please don't make an issue with words such as partnership, I don't care, you know what I mean!

Excellent Post..well said

marshy1    58

Ian

Couldn't agree more.

Ian

You aren't always grumpy!

Well said young man

Get on the ferry now you can still make tonight

PhillH    26

Ian

At some point the mindset of "We are glad to still be in existence" needs to be replaced by a mindset of greater confidence and ambition. What is the point of mere survival if there is no drive for growth and greater success?

Are we so lacking in belief that to play in Leigh, train in Padgate, have a team almost 50% filled with Warrington players is as good as the great name of Swinton RLFC can ever now aspire to?

If we believe the club has the potential to be a much greater entity, what are the reasons why we are in this position? How can we fix those issues and secure a brighter future?

Certainly not by labeling everything associated with Salford City Reds as crass, believing Swinton Lions to somehow be "holier than thou". We ain't and certain failings need facing up to.

At some point the mindset of "We are glad to still be in existence" needs to be replaced by a mindset of greater confidence and ambition. What is the point of mere survival if there is no drive for growth and greater success?

Are we so lacking in belief that to play in Leigh, train in Padgate, have a team almost 50% filled with Warrington players is as good as the great name of Swinton RLFC can ever now aspire to?

If we believe the club has the potential to be a much greater entity, what are the reasons why we are in this position? How can we fix those issues and secure a brighter future?

Certainly not by labeling everything associated with Salford City Reds as crass, believing Swinton Lions to somehow be "holier than thou". We ain't and certain failings need facing up to.

Whilst being totally entitled to your opiniin phil you also have to take some feedback...youve been not very nice a few times. Give it a rest.

iomlion    0

Mark, don't spread that round it will ruin my street cred lol.

Young? Ha ha aren't "we" just.

I really do wish the ferries were that reliable!

Ah, Phil. If you believe you are the only person with a mindset as you have stated I fear you completely misread and misunderstand the majority of supporters that come on here. We all want the same thing essentially, a strong club, team and community support base in the M27 area.

I am, and others aren't lacking in belief or we would have given up long ago and changed sports or allegiances. I am a realist and appreciate today's economy and the financial restraints imposed. I also appreciate the fact that the history has had an impact and no matter what the belief we haven't got the money and haven't had for many a year so we are where we are.

We can aspire to reach the top and must continue to do so and the club appear to be doing their best with what they have, and circumstance, to get as far as they can. I appreciate this fact and that they are there for me to continue to support and impose, yes impose, on the rest of my family! That's a joke but nearer the truth than I care to talk about......my moods and rants about Swinton over the years must have been equally annoying, frightening and hilarious to watch and listen to.

I personally don't label all things Salford crass, I have good thoughts and bad thoughts about them from great derby days and matches to them not assisting when we had our problems, but as I stated earlier, that's history! I would certainly not see anyone go through what we have and whilst predominantly jealous of what they seem to have achieved it means very little to my feelings about Swinton.

I haven't written that much for a long while and you must have a fair amount of free time to keep writing the copious amounts you do, but hey ho, I just wish you would be a little more thoughtful and a little less picky in your posts.

lionsfanusa    9

It takes a while for news to reach us here in Vermont, but didn't I read somewhere that the good doctor wants to buy, or at least buy into, the stadium in Barton?

So if the council gets all the money it invested in the club back and some or all the money it invested in the stadium, who knows what they might decide to do with it?

PhillH    26

Amazing looking back on some of the absolutely horrible stuff written here last year

If he takes over our club I WOULD now let him check my piles....not that I have any!

As stated on the "LEAGUE EXPRESS" thread - what Gareth Walker put into print in last week's paper doesn't come anywhere near some of the bile that was put in the direction of Dr Koukash this time last year by some Swinton Lions followers; via platforms that are just as much in the public domain as any newspaper.

I would have no problem with Salford sharing a stadium with Swinton, even if it was in Swinton. As long as it's owned by our owner and we can all benefit from the income streams it would hopefully generate. Lets face it, it would still be in Salford. It's at times like these though one should remember that forums such as these are a fairly permanent record. Be careful what you say!

As stated on the "LEAGUE EXPRESS" thread - what Gareth Walker put into print in last week's paper doesn't come anywhere near some of the bile that was put in the direction of Dr Koukash this time last year by some Swinton Lions followers; via platforms that are just as much in the public domain as any newspaper.

Thats normal rivalry though

when he's Salford boss hes the enemy

when and if hes ours hes the best. ..and thats loyalty too

I'll admit I was wrong about some bits I said about him

your turn