Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kroy1978

Memories

42 posts in this topic

Team - Doncaster Sunday November 26th 1989

pic.twitter.com/r2GuZuZo

if that's the case it's Kevin meadows listed st no 4? Don't think it looks like him?

I'm pretty confident it's the Workington game mentioned above, I've got a photo of my own from that game and the kits match up. (It's a bit fuzzy so not really worth posting online).

I'm pretty confident it's the Workington game mentioned above, I've got a photo of my own from that game and the kits match up. (It's a bit fuzzy so not really worth posting online).

that was 3rd Sept 89. First game of the season and no 4 was Gary Hyde. We won40 -8. Oh happy days.

to me it looks a bit like roundy from the back, Ive been trying to think which centers played for us around that time,

Looks like the Romar sponsored Town strip... I've got one of those.

Looks like the strip Otto was talking about, it's most likely to be Town if the year is right & it's a league match, Barrow had a similar strip But I think they were in Div 1 then.

Looks like the strip Otto was talking about, it's most likely to be Town if the year is right & it's a league match, Barrow had a similar strip But I think they were in Div 1 then.

It certainly looks like the Workington strip that they wore in the 1989 season but I can't identify any of the players!!!! Who is the ginger haired winger? The only one I can think of is John Beattie.

Are you all THICK or what ...........Ive already told you the Bloody game that it was ............or Can you not all read ..............

8 messages back .......... i'll post it again for those that can not read ..this time in UPPER CASE . . .

THE GAME WAS ; OLDHAM V WORKINGTON 3RD SEPT 1989 ......END OF STORY

Simple method of deduction

Are you all THICK or what ...........Ive already told you the Bloody game that it was ............or Can you not all read ..............

8 messages back .......... i'll post it again for those that can not read ..this time in UPPER CASE . . .

THE GAME WAS ; OLDHAM V WORKINGTON 3RD SEPT 1989 ......END OF STORY

Simple method of deduction

so are you saying it's Workington? ;-)

Hehehe heh we''ve got the town fans pondering who their players are on their forum. Any one got anymore piccies?

All one needs to do if one has the programme from the original match ( and newspaper report ) is to have a look ......... :rolleyes: ...I May get off my ###### and have a look later on

For the record Oldham v Workington played Sunday 3rd September 1989 . . .

Oldham

No.1 Platt 4G

No.2 McCalister T

No.3 Henderson 2T

No.4 Hyde

No.5 Lord T

No.6 Russell T

No.7 Ford

No.8 Casey

No.9 Ruane T

No.10 Fieldhouse

No.11 Newton

No.12 Allen

No.13 Cogger 2T

No 14 Robinson

No.15 Croston

Workington

No.1 Lowden T & 2G

No.2 Penrice

No.3 Rooney

No.4 Mawson

No.5 Tubman

No.6 Smith

No.7 Burgess

No.8 Sullivan

No.9 Law

No.10 Falcon

No.11 Bower

No.12Riley

No.13 Nixon

No.14 Newell

No.15 Barker

Attendance 3,743

Oldham won 40-8 ( Ht 14-8)

That puts it all to bed now I think .................. Unless anyone would like the names of the 3,743 spectators ( I know at least 4 or 5 of them )

Oh and the referee was Colin Morris of Huddersfield

I was stood on right hand side of the tunnel as you enter the field with my wife and 3 kids, so thats another 5.

Hehehe heh we''ve got the town fans pondering who their players are on their forum. Any one got anymore piccies?

So whats so amusing , was is not you who came on to the Town forum asking for help :dry: sorry for trying to help out, dont bother asking next time ;)

Found the picture when clearing out my loft. Looking at the other photographs, it was taken around 1990! Happy days at the Roughyeds!

Well done mate.................you certainly created some interest.............maybe we should all get out more !