Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

my missus

life without tomkins

102 posts in this topic

2 years?... The thread title makes it sound like he'll be leaving for Aus shortly. :lol:

Good to get prepared though if he does leave for Aus in 2015.

I think Wigan would still be fine if Tomkins left in 2 years. They've got Hampshire and Powell coming through. Jack Murphy is going to be a class player. Then you've got to think how young Mossop, Hughes, Farrel, Tuson, LLoyd, Dudson and Charnley all are.

If Tomkins left this season Wigan would be in deep trouble especially with Hock rumoured to be leaving, but I think Wane is already planning for a Tomkins move to the NRL come 2015.

i do hope he goes to the nrl and not union, i think he could be a massive star on the field and on tv.

If i was Wane id have sold him and thrown money at Leuluai to stay for the rest of his career. Far too many weaknesses in Sam's full back play.

Wigan simply can't replace Sam.......... How can you replace someone as good as him???

I'd be gutted once he leaves the SL for NRL - cant type the other option :(:angry:

WHEN e does go th NRL id like to see him play 6 again

Me too, id like to see him play 6 now. His footwork, speed and distribution are his strengths. The more involved he is the better. Hate watching him at FB.

If i was Wane id

have sold him and thrown money at Leuluai to stay for the rest of his career. Far too many weaknesses in Sam's full back play.

Thank ---- you're not Wane then.

(Not that Wane could make those decisions anyway).

I hope e don't go to the other sport, love to c him in NRL thou going up against the best over there.

Me too, id like to see him play 6 now. His footwork, speed and distribution are his strengths. The more involved he is the better. Hate watching him at FB.

I've thought this also, especially for England. I'd like to see him and Widdop cover 1 and 6 berween them switching it around during the game to present the opposition with different problems

I don't want Sam Tomkins to go over to the other code,but I think they will break the bank to get him for all the publicity it will give their game

Plenty of time for things to happen yet. When he plays a key part in England winning the world cup this year, he'll have plenty of options. No need for Wigan to use him in these friendlies though.

when he goes good luck to him but it wont be the end of the world . another player will come through and pretty soon he will be part of the past .

when he goes good luck to him but it wont be the end of the world . another player will come through and pretty soon he will be part of the past .

Rubbish. You're not talking about a run of the mill player here, he's a once in a generation star. Irreplaceable.

Is e highly thought of over does any body know??

Darren Lockyer said during the game between England and France 'If you stop Tomkins you go a long way to stopping England.' Very high praise with the likes of Burgess, Graham, Widdop and Ellis all excelling in the NRL. He proved he's good enough against the Aussies, a couple of Englands tries in the 2011 4N came from Aussies running out the line to stop Tomkins getting the ball and reading the play wrong and England going on too score.

I don't know the view of NRL clubs though, but if Wane said he's up for grabs for any NRL club I'd be surprised if he didn't receive multiple offers.

WHEN e does go th NRL id like to see him play 6 again

A strong, organising scrum-half would work well with Tomkins at stand-off. I guess that would be the benefit of going to Australia.

I don't want Sam Tomkins to go over to the other code,but I think they will break the bank to get him for all the publicity it will give their game

Can't see him going anywhere else to be honest, I think the lure of the international scene i.e 6 nations, lions tour and of course the world cup will prove too much unfortunately.

Rubbish. You're not talking about a run of the mill player here, he's a once in a generation star. Irreplaceable.

Nobody is irreplaceable. He could completely wreck his knee and have to retire in his next match and then he would have to be replaced and would be soon history. That is not to say however that he isn't an immense star at this time.

Can't see him going anywhere else to be honest, I think the lure of the international scene i.e 6 nations, lions tour and of course the world cup will prove too much unfortunately.

Chuck in the possibility of going to the Olympics in 2016, part of me thinks it is already a done deal for him to switch this year after the World Cup. I don't think Wane would be talking about him moving on at this point were he going to still be around for the 2014 season.

That all said, £300k pa is apparently £50k more than Ashton is on at Saracens which would suggest that any switch is going to be co-funded by the RFU. I suspect with Lancaster and Farrell on the England coaching set up they will have already said they want him and would fast track him in.

thats what they said about jason robinson and iestyn harris but both were replaced without to much fuss .

theres no doubt the guy is class but theres always someone else ready to step up

. there seems to be an able replacement for the fullback spot for england waiting his chance

thats what they said about jason robinson and iestyn harris but both were replaced without to much fuss .

theres no doubt the guy is class but theres always someone else ready to step up

. there seems to be an able replacement for the fullback spot for england waiting his chance

Add Eastmond to that list they said he could not be replaced. and yet nobody on there has even thought of him.