Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mmp

NW Mens League 2013

53 posts in this topic

It was mentioned on another thread that the roads were an issue. Either way if you play the same teams that didn't travel last year you can expect the same results again when there's an alternative where clubs are much more likely to travel

Think the NWM will be a lot better this year. With no break between winter and summer season some of the players' commitment dipped but I think most have come back refreshed and pre-season training has started well for my club, Roose. Having moved to the Premier League I don't see any teams not travelling to Barrow.

Think the NWM will be a lot better this year. With no break between winter and summer season some of the players' commitment dipped but I think most have come back refreshed and pre-season training has started well for my club, Roose. Having moved to the Premier League I don't see any teams not travelling to Barrow.

got to agree. mood amongst most i've spoken to seems very good. we've seen 26 train each on the last two mondays in freezing snow all gearing up for a good summer. 5/6 completely new faces.

Teams not travelling

Lets hope you are not proven correct,do you have any evidence to back your comment up?

Which club are you involved with,if any?

Lets hope you are not proven correct,do you have any evidence to back your comment up?

Clearly I don't have cancelled bus receipts but a combintion of lots of precedent and a big liberalisation of punishments for cancelled games seems a very strong indicator (a £60 for the 6th game called off and nothing before then).

Which club are you involved with,if any?

Coventry Bears and on the committee for midlands rugby league. So not NW but the same principles apply wherever

:O

Don't worry Dalton are finding it even harder to get home fixtures in winter

Don't worry Dalton are finding it even harder to get home fixtures in winter

RLC South East seem to manage and get plenty of pats on the back from the same guys who like to knock the winter.

RLC South East seem to manage and get plenty of pats on the back from the same guys who like to knock the winter.

Not really seen many pats on the back. Edit: Expect for Medway Dragons juniors

Dalton have only had 2 home games all season I think it is which is hardly acceptable summer or winter

Clearly I don't have cancelled bus receipts but a combintion of lots of precedent and a big liberalisation of punishments for cancelled games seems a very strong indicator (a £60 for the 6th game called off and nothing before then).

Teams get fined £20 for failing to fulfil a fixture in NWML

Saw an article saying they'd changed the rule this year.

Ah right sorry; I've not seen that!!! I was just going off last year!!!

Without a doubt everyone at Bank Quay had had enough by the time we finished in December when when we started in July 2011, hopefully the prem is back to it's previous standard in terms of no games being conceded

Without a doubt everyone at Bank Quay had had enough by the time we finished in December when when we started in July 2011, hopefully the prem is back to it's previous standard in terms of no games being conceded

Precisely what we suffered from at Bury in the interim league before summer. we'd gone winter, summer, winter, summer and into the interim league and people were worn down...

...that's one reason why i think the season will go even better this year.

Anybody had any friendlies yet?

Bolton Mets, Westhoughton and Bury are all playing each other in February ahead of season starting...

Bank Quay are playing Widnes West Bank 9th Feb and Widnes St Maries 16th Feb then a week off before the league starts

St maries vikings 28- 12 bq bulls

I wouldn't have expected that score,I thought the Bulls were quite a strong side?

Bank qauy are a good outfit and will prob be favourites for nwml. But st maries have improved since last year as got players bck from injury and who have been having time out of rugby and a few new faces. Been getting 40 lads at training. Things are looking up for st maries vikings.

Just noticed Barrow Island and Walney Central are not in the fixtures. Does anybody know what league they are going to be playing in?

Cumbria League