Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pie tries

Erm...any news on SL sponsor for 2013 ?

89 posts in this topic

Fair enough.

I did not realise that Bingo was that big in the UK that you may have another Bingo Company fighting to be the partner,

£600 million online alone, with foxy having a a 13% share of that market

What does it mean?

Why can they not just be a Sponsor? why official Bingo partner? Its not as if there is any synergy or connection between Rugby League and Bingo.

I would understand it if it was Official Team Kit/Uniform partner like Kooga or perhaps Travel partner like British Airways something relevant to the game but Bingo partner sounds a bit weird.

Official beer? Official soft drink? Why not official bingo? Absolutely nothing wrong with it.

super league got foxy, i know that. foxy bingo are there new official bingo partner, but there new main sponsor has not been announced yet, as a guess i would say this years sl will be called, wait for it................................................................ The anusol super league! :D

Go on then, I'll say it:

Well, you know where they can stick that!

:rolleyes:

Go on then, I'll say it:

Well, you know where they can stick that!

:rolleyes:

:O:rolleyes:

Whatever it is, whenever it is, whoever it is, however much it is, one thing is sure. It will be WRONG, A FARCE, A SHAMBLES, AN EMBARASSMENT.

Whatever it is, whenever it is, whoever it is, however much it is, one thing is sure. It will be WRONG, A FARCE, A SHAMBLES, AN EMBARASSMENT.

If we got a sponsor which convinced sky to match the NRL tv deal, put constant adverts on the tv and put lots of money into the game there would still be a 10 page thread on here ripping it too shreds.

An extensive programme of community -based activity, involving the much-loved Foxy himself, has been planned to support the partnership and will be rolled-out throughout the season.

Presumably Foxy will be taking part in the mascot race later in the season

Presumably Foxy will be taking part in the mascot race later in the season

I thought they may have been using Katie Price to promote the game.

It's called 'Foxy Bingo' not 'Rough as a Badger's Backside Bingo'

foxy1.jpg

Is that Katie Price? I don't really know who she is.

There is also a company which is the referee's shoe partner. It is X something but I can't remember what follows the X!

Blades

Mecca was Wigan's main sponsor (shirt Partner?), so maybe this is a more crowded field than people suspect.

I am a fan of bingo - it's a great game and a fine way to spend an evening. Far more sociable than "porkies".

They should go the whole hog - H the Hitman legs 11 - 2 fat ladies (fill in big boned players of your choice).

I'm shocked and disgusted that a soup company might up being the official soup of sooper league (sorry). I was hoping for a car company myself.

How much is the deal worth out of interest?

Probably not a right lot given that there were (presumably) no other bids.

But if it pays for a couple of development officers (and poor souls, they don't earn much), it's a good deal.

I'm shocked and disgusted that a soup company might up being the official soup of sooper league (sorry). I was hoping for a car company myself.

Mini Cooper League? :unsure:

Looks like its Tetleys for the Challenge cup sponsor..

Confirmed,two year deal.

Good to hear Nigel Wood on West Yorkshire Sport yesterday talking about the sponsorship portfolio for rugby league. The RFL are confident that this year will be the best year ever for commercial revenue into the sport and that what is most important is maximizing income, and not necessarily worrying whether SL has a title sponsor or not.

He likened it to the champions league in soccer which has a portfolio of partners and said that a number of new deals will be announced over the next 14 - 28 days. He also said one of the key tests was for the game not to undersell itself, but to hold out for the true value of our sport, and to hold our nerve when it gets close to the deadline, otherwise sponsors would always think they could wait until close to the start of the comp, then get the sponsorship for a knock down price.

Quite encouraging.

Good to hear Nigel Wood on West Yorkshire Sport yesterday talking about the sponsorship portfolio for rugby league. The RFL are confident that this year will be the best year ever for commercial revenue into the sport and that what is most important is maximizing income, and not necessarily worrying whether SL has a title sponsor or not.

He likened it to the champions league in soccer which has a portfolio of partners and said that a number of new deals will be announced over the next 14 - 28 days. He also said one of the key tests was for the game not to undersell itself, but to hold out for the true value of our sport, and to hold our nerve when it gets close to the deadline, otherwise sponsors would always think they could wait until close to the start of the comp, then get the sponsorship for a knock down price.

Quite encouraging.

True, and I'm ever the optimist :D but there's a slight niggling feeling we've heard it before last year. He was never gonna say "it's a bit rubbish but we'll keep going anyway despite what a well known wannabe mole posts on TRL".

Quite encouraging.

Two things. When times are tough, one of the first costs businesses tend to cut back on is marketing budget.

Also timing is fairly important. Assuming the sponsor search has been ongoing since the summer and they want it to start in February, then the RFL is looking to sign up a sponsor 'in year' that is half to 3/4 way thru the current financial year when you would expect budgets to be pretty fixed/ inflexible. A big ask I would have thought, even the largest companies aren't necessarily going to have a spare million or so just sloshing around unspent in their budgets.

With hindsight, they should have probably kept on with Stobart thru to the end of 2013, thereby giving commercial more time to work with prospective title sponsors and get the sponsors marketing spend fixed well ahead of time. At the same time, I'm sure they could have done more to increase the portfolio of sponsors who could have helped increase the £'s coming in.

I can see that there may not be a title sponsor announcement until closer to April. Or there may not even be one in 2013, but they have one lined up with the budget to spend from February 2014.