Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lifer

James Nixon

78 posts in this topic

I'm pretty sure our average will be above 1400, probably nearer 1600.

Can't understand why anybody would expect us to lose supporters from last year, even if it has gone up to £15 entry.

hmm says alot about pulling figures from the air instead of looking at the facts....BARLA game is over 40% down

On losing support you probably wont notice until we are beaten two or three times on the trot. Last year Craven Park was a fortress it wont be this season for all we try to keep it that way.

I can't see the logic either in 2010 when everything was going t I ts up we had bigger gates than you are allowing for here.

Look guys I'm not after an argument I'm expressing an opinion...I have not used factual turnover nor have I carried out the risk analysis on the gates. Therefore all my figures are speculative.The point is in my opinion you will see less people through the gates this year and I hope the BoD have considered this.

I say again I HOPE I AM WRONG! Time will tell.

You will more than likely be wrong which is fortunate. The Barla game was played on one of the most miserable days possible. People weren't even sure if the game was on and I think Man utd v Liverpool might of drew a few fans away don't you think?

Its not an argument either its a debate. Just because someone differs an opinion doesn't make it an argument, I just disagree what you're saying and I'm telling you why.

4 frendlies last year provided good income for Barrow- the only 2 games this year will hardly pay for running the games after shared gates and agreed fees with BARLA.

Lets hope we are all proved wrong and the gate attendances do go up in the case the BoD have budgeted for the same or increase.

If you understood what I was saying (which I still don't think you do) you wouldn't have taken my example literally..I love it that your confident on the crowd figures and I'm sure like me you will be at the games home and away, however history has proven that the crowd fall away if the team is not winning and what im saying is that in that event I hope the BOD have considered this when they budgeted for 2013.

wrong thread I think :lol:

Reading back however great to see Mr Holt comment on the forum and I do hope we all can remain in champuonship rugby it needs cumbria

Reading back however great to see Mr Holt comment on the forum and I do hope we all can remain in champuonship rugby it needs cumbria

Totally agree mate

He has far too much to say in my opinion....only kidding Holty, keep posting mate as I think they are all sick of me....lol

Ps I'm back to my normal self now....lol

He has far too much to say in my opinion....only kidding Holty, keep posting mate as I think they are all sick of me....lol

Ps I'm back to my normal self now....lol

Drunk again then Mike :)

Evening all,

Interesting reading this thread so I thought I would try to put a few peoples mind at rest. Firstly, the rumours regarding Nicko leaving due to not getting a pass( either in training or during a game) are completely untrue and unfounded and whoever started the rumour will be happy that so many supporters have been taken in by it- it has certainly surprised me. The reason for Nickos recent absence is due to an ongoing personal and internal issue which is yet to be resolved and knowing him I would think he will be chuckling slightly at the thought ot a player of his integrity and honesty retiring a year before his testemonial year because players refuse to pass him the ball? A little bit of patience is needed, and I still have hope that Nicko will remain with the squad for a couple more seasons yet although its ultimately Jame's decision.

Secondly, I keep reading with interest about concerns over the size of our forward pack this season. Very briefly:

Matt Haggarty 6ft 6Ins-105kg

Brad Brennan 6ft 3Ins- 105kg

Mike Whitehead 6ft 5Ins-109kg

Ruari McGoff 6ft 3Ins-110kg

Jamie Butler 6ft 5Ins-101kg

Andy Dawson 6ft 1Ins-100kg

Liam Harrison 6ft 2Ins-100kg

Kurt Haggerty 6ft 3Ins-102kg

Danny Jones 6ft 1Ins- 103kg

Jack Spencer 6ft- 98kg.

That leaves Dan Toal( who runs/tackles well above his weight) and the 4 Hookers. I havn't got the time but maybe MASH could do a comparison with other teams in our league........I think the results would be surprising. Whilst losing the Keighley game, after watching the DVD 3-4 times, it confirmed that we completely dominated the entire 80 mins upfront and only several defensive lapses and an average kicking game( 2nd half) took the game away from us.

Prior to any season, just like last year if I remember, many fans have concerns but 'size' is certainly not one of them. IMHO our squad is stronger in both depth and quality this year and the reaction from the boys has been superb throughout a tough(albeit short) pre-season. What I'm meaning to say guys is put some faith in these boys........they didn't let you down last year - they won't let you down this year.

Again, sorry for interupting the Forum............I'm sat here feeling like I'm intruding but I don't see the harm in a pre season rallying call!!

The pack is still not big enough Holty :D

I think when the stats come out people will see the size of our pack...it looks small cos they are all big...Dan Toal the exception..lol

You all have the wrong opinion of me...only drunk at weekends...lol

Seeing Darren mentioned me as somebody who has time to work on stats I am now trying to work out packs in other Championship teams. If I come up with anything worthwhile I will post it on here.

For starters I calculate that the average Raiders forwards are 6ft 3ins and weight 16 1/4 stone. This is 10 forwards and excludes hookers and loose forward.

Evening all,

Interesting reading this thread so I thought I would try to put a few peoples mind at rest. Firstly, the rumours regarding Nicko leaving due to not getting a pass( either in training or during a game) are completely untrue and unfounded and whoever started the rumour will be happy that so many supporters have been taken in by it- it has certainly surprised me. The reason for Nickos recent absence is due to an ongoing personal and internal issue which is yet to be resolved and knowing him I would think he will be chuckling slightly at the thought ot a player of his integrity and honesty retiring a year before his testemonial year because players refuse to pass him the ball? A little bit of patience is needed, and I still have hope that Nicko will remain with the squad for a couple more seasons yet although its ultimately Jame's decision.

Secondly, I keep reading with interest about concerns over the size of our forward pack this season. Very briefly:

Jack Spencer 6ft- 98kg.

That leaves Dan Toal( who runs/tackles well above his weight) and the 4 Hookers. I havn't got the time but maybe MASH could do a comparison with other teams in our league........I think the results would be surprising. Whilst losing the Keighley game, after watching the DVD 3-4 times, it confirmed that we completely dominated the entire 80 mins upfront and only several defensive lapses and an average kicking game( 2nd half) took the game away from us.

Prior to any season, just like last year if I remember, many fans have concerns but 'size' is certainly not one of them. IMHO our squad is stronger in both depth and quality this year and the reaction from the boys has been superb throughout a tough(albeit short) pre-season. What I'm meaning to say guys is put some faith in these boys........they didn't let you down last year - they won't let you down this year.

Again, sorry for interupting the Forum............I'm sat here feeling like I'm intruding but I don't see the harm in a pre season rallying call!!

cheers for that info, i didn't realize the pack was that big, so i take back what i said on the other thread about the pack not being big enough, top 4 finish it is then :D

Evening all,

Jack Spencer 6ft- 98kg.

Good post and thanks for the update. How about pinning a thread for you to do a update post now and then.