Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lifer

James Nixon

78 posts in this topic

Does anyone know whats happening with Nicko, said in the paper he was out of the squad for the whitehaven game due to non fitness related issues, and i have also noticed that he is the only player without any sponsers on the club website??

He has resigned. Apparently he said that he cant get a pass during training, let alone in a match.

its a shame because i believe that he was due a testimonial this year.

Yeah think he was due one, also a shame because towards the end of last season we saw glimpses of the nixon of old..and he was getting involved more...

Shame. I actually like Niko.

Like all wingers he needs good service from the second row and centre inside him and seeing as we are not the biggest pack in the Championship we would really need good outside options.

I hope we don't see him punishing us for another team. Mind you it may be what he needs to get his Mojo back.

He's the only out and out try scorer we have and will be a big loss in my opinion. People may talk about the other wingers working harder but tries win games and our other wingers lack his try scoring ability.

It's been noticeable for sometime that when he plays he doesn't get the ball. If the other players won't even give him a pass in training there is something wrong.

Best news ive heard in a long time, no more defensive liability, no more carrying a man who was well past his best. we'll be much stronger now without him on the flanks. an out and out try scorer he might 'HAVE BEEN' -thats what he had become, a has been. stronger by far with haney and clay on the wings.

Dont forget the youngster Brannon as well

Best news ive heard in a long time, no more defensive liability, no more carrying a man who was well past his best. we'll be much stronger now without him on the flanks. an out and out try scorer he might 'HAVE BEEN' -thats what he had become, a has been. stronger by far with haney and clay on the wings.

If the lad has quit, it's comments like this that have probably helped him make his mind up !!!!!!!!

It's just amazing how short some memories are..the guy has put in almost 10 years of fantastic service for little reward and all some can do is call him a has been..shame on you...

Nico you will Lways be a star in my mind and if you decided to stay then I for one would be happy.. An absolute gentleman.

the question has to be asked then......why will nobody pass to him in training ?

It's just amazing how short some memories are..the guy has put in almost 10 years of fantastic service for little reward and all some can do is call him a has been..shame on you...

Nico you will Lways be a star in my mind and if you decided to stay then I for one would be happy.. An absolute gentleman.

I agree Mike, the treatment of him by some has been disgusting. A try scoring rate of almost 1 in 2 last year, playing outside centre's that dont seem to want to pass. None of the other wingers last year got close to that ratio and wont do this year either.

the question has to be asked then......why will nobody pass to him in training ?

HOW MANY PASSES DID ANY OF OUR WINGERS GET LAST YEAR!!!

HOW MANY PASSES DID ANY OF OUR WINGERS GET LAST YEAR!!!

Well all I can say is if it was the plan of Darren and Phill to keep the ball in the centre then it worked. The result at the end of the year was what was aimed for.

Your right donald could be good with a good centre that rules haven out .

Scott maca

Jjp png international

James Cameron

So the mighty town have better don't think so

In Nickos defence I think opposing teams knew he was the winger with pace to burn and marked him out of the game

He was at his most lethal when he had Harrison and Ostler inside him, 2 players who would go to the line and pass, that left edge of Barrows was devastating. In my opinion Barrow don't have a centre / second row pairing like this now which mean players like Nixon won't see as much of the ball. I thinks it a real shame as Nicko in full flight was brilliant to watch, his try against Wigan in 2009 is still my favourite try.

agree re centres mate.................... looks like a weak point for me this term

agree re centres mate.................... looks like a weak point for me this term

Very sad news,he is one of the current squad to have actually competed at Championship level unlike many of the others in our current team!

How anybody can slate him is beyond me?

For what it's worth I think our pack is much too small this season and we will struggle,I just hope to be proved wrong?

He didn't get enough ball last season that was obvious, but I must admit it seems like he's lost a yard of pace. I remember a try against Leigh I think it was from the base of a scrum we kicked it from our own 30 and Nixon out paced everyone too score. Obviously we don't have anyone with the kicking abilities of Rooneys in 2009 but I still wouldn't be confident if we tried the same move again for some reason.

The big loss for Nixon was obviously losing Harrison in the centres. He attracted the attention of the defenders every time he got the ball and more often than not passed it, even when he was being tackled. I dont think we had an overlap more than 3 times on the left hand side last year for Nixon too run into.

Our left side play last year was usually Kaighan gets the ball gives it too Campbell who had Toal on his inside Harrison coming for the short ball and then Ballard coming round the back. I'd say 3/4 times that play resulted in a Harrison short ball or a Campbell dummy. Not saying it wasn't affective as it clearly was look at Toals Harrisons and Campbells try scoring records last year but Nixon was never involved in this play and a lot of the time where we didn't score Nixon had an overlap but we chose the wrong option.

Its a shame he's gone but he didn't get enough service but also he didn't look the player from 09 after injury. Oracles comments are far too harsh and uncalled for IMO.