Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NickD

Donny

69 posts in this topic

Both O'Brien & Donsldson played well. However Tebb could have scored the tries O'Brien did and Esposito would have done a job - not a fan of Dusl reg.

Coleman is another unfortunate to be dropped. Personally I think he's a better half back than spavin.

Agreed - I'm a better halfback than spavin and I'm as old as god. Maybe tebbsy should be given a go at scrum 'afe. He reminds me a bit of Rob Burrow.

Agreed - I'm a better halfback than spavin and I'm as old as god. Maybe tebbsy should be given a go at scrum 'afe. He reminds me a bit of Rob Burrow.

Spaven played very well for 80% of the time but was tricked by the sidestep that led to their penultimate try. His distribution was pretty good however and he linked up with Brown very well. Tebb isn't a scrum half, full stop.

Need to improve for the fev game, very poor completion rate and bad choices taken in the second half but listening to glen on the radio on way home he knows this and will fix things up ... We will only get better

Very good away support yesterday too for a change,must have been a good 300-400 rams supporters at the game. Roll on fev...

Was a frustrating game to watch for me, and I'm sure many of you. We didn't wake up until the 20 minute mark and then again played like the first 20 minutes throughout the second half.

Tonks gave far too many penalties away in the first half and i couldn't understand why he wasn't taken off. The 3 subs that came on in the first half made a difference. As has been said though, there were far too many penalties given away all round and too much dropped ball coming from trying to be 'expansive' and 'expressive'. Our main culprit being Aizue.

We need a goal permanent goal kicker, as Spaven isn't one. Morton maybe the answer, but he hasn't kicked since missing at Batley until yesterday. Kicks in play though were much better than the dross served up last year.

My stand out player was Brown, has a great turn of pace and a nice sidestep. He just needs more space to be created for him by the forwards to be able to do this more.

My main concern was trying to get over their line. We couldn't a lot of the time and looked clueless at times here.

Coleman needs to play instead of Spaven. Why has he been brought to the club if he isn't going to even get on the bench?

I also agree that the cheerleaders were a pain in the backside while the game was being played. Yes do the odd cheer, but not all the way through the game, it was just distracting.

Coleman is another unfortunate to be dropped. Personally I think he's a better half back than spavin.

I think spaven is a hooker, not a halfback as WJ played him at.

What was the attendance?

Attendance I believe was 800 and yes I agree the cheerleaders started to annoy after the first 10 mins. It was like " Are we nearly there yet Dad" only for much longer :D

Anyone want to forecast next weeks' score? I'll start it off.... Fev are (as always) very strong, but I think we might scare them a bit, I think we are better than todays' scoreline suggests... Fev by 6 or 8 lets say 16-24

I nearly choked on my cup of cha when I read this! :lol: If you believe this will be the scoreline I would either dash down to the bookies or double your medication!!

We dominated the game so much that we should have won by twenty or more points (as has already been suggested), yet could not finish them off and we let them in for two second half tries from stupid defensive mistakes (also previously mentioned). Their first try was a typical hooker's move under the posts, but where was the defence; the line there was empty?

Stupid, unnecessary penalties conceded and the referee duly punished offenders from both sides. I thought the referee, Matt Thomason had a fine game.

Play like we did against Donny and Fev will tear us apart this coming Sunday. I hope our new leader is aware of this. Let's try and play with signed Dewsbury players and not those who are dual registered. Yes I know if is not going to happen, but I, like many others, disagree with it. Something we are going to have to live with, like squad numbers!

It is up to the coach to pick the best team available and we will need the best next week. Think we will be lucky to get within 25 points of Fev, but a decent performance will be more important.

Play Tebb in place of Tonks on today's showing. Where will Coleman fit in though?

Move Brown to 13 coleman to 6.We think The lad from cas will play the 7 role when fit.

Why move Brown and put Coleman in when defence is not their strong point - Tonks is our best defender week in week out along with Spicer they have the highest work rate .Spicer was man of match this week for me.

We will need our best defenders on the field Sunday - we are only one game in which we won admitted too many penalties all round but a wins a win

Also think there must be unrest with the lads this dual reg is no good our lads are training every week for dual reg lads to take their places on Sunday. I feel for Tebby brought Super league hooker in when there's a local lad that's played well at hooker so far but not even on bench to have a chance ,however he's not a 7 or a second rower/ 13

One game in and some are already picking holes in team and players some of who play well each week - lets have a bit of support and encouragement

What happens if we loose a few games do we start getting rid of coaches again

We are a new young team and there are going to be mistakes you can see lads are trying give them a chance i'm sure they'll come good

Why would you move the natural playmaker from first receiver to 13, makes no sense??? The game was marred with rustyness and a clear lack of cohesion, this will get better. Pls remember that over half the squad is new, the Fev team this weekend and the Donny one from last week have (as a majority) played many more games together.

Lots of positives from the 4 matches so far, yet we need to be realistic. With a limited budget etc we aren't going to compete over a whole season, we will face the odd drubbing and like wise we will shock one or two teams when they least expect it, this is what happens with a young squad. Glenn has a tough job finding the correct blend of youth, experience, contracted and loan players.

Bringing Karl Pryce in will add greater leadership/experience and quality in the midfield needed to create space for the likes of Brown, Morton and Craven. For me we don't do enough about moving the ball and has always been an issue for the club going back a number of years. I dont know if this is a coaching thing or just typical of rugby league in this country. Using one up hits has its merits but you create space by moving defenders around.

Daryl Powell criticised the dual registration system post game on Radio Leeds when quizzed about the Rams and this weekends game. Whilst not all of us agree on this system, there is no better motivation for those who have joined the club to go hard against the form team in recent years , especially as its live on TV. Cummins etc will be watching!!

Totally agree Pockram .

If this week we compete and it's an improvement on the Donny match I'll be happy. As you have said we need to move the ball more,we seem to be attacking predominantly down the left hand side which is making us a bit predictable in attack which is probably down to a bit of inexperience . I'm sure a few games in we will see an improvement.

Looking forward to Sundays match.

Play Tebb in place of Tonks on today's showing. Where will Coleman fit in though?

Think we have to give Coleman a chance and would like to see him given a shot this week. Why not give them both a run out? Spaven did OK at Donny, but as others have said we did lack a few ideas near the line and maybe Coleman might have a bit craft?

Also agree that you cant swap Tebb for Tonks, but even if we cant squeeze him in this week surely he has to be given a chance before too long???

Rest of team I would leave. A bit rusty at Donny, but we dont want any knee jerk reactions.

Totally agree Pockram .

If this week we compete and it's an improvement on the Donny match I'll be happy. As you have said we need to move the ball more,we seem to be attacking predominantly down the left hand side which is making us a bit predictable in attack which is probably down to a bit of inexperience . I'm sure a few games in we will see an improvement.

Looking forward to Sundays match.

We've always had a leftwards bias. I reckon that it's simply down to individuals being more competent in passing to their left than their right rather than any tactical ploy.

Playing a hooker at 13 won't really work in my opinion.