Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JohnM

Algeria, Mali, Nigeria...time for the UN to show its strength?

71 posts in this topic

The number of Bulgarian and Romanian immigrants that arrive next year will focus the debate.

It's quite interesting (cynical?) of Cameron to start a charm offensive today in order to recruit more ethnic support for his party. This could drive more supporters away than are attracted.

In Bradford, there's already tension between young muslim men and young East European men ... both sets live in the poorer areas inside the ring road and both hang round on street corners. I've never seen anything kick off, but the odd taxi driver has made snide comments about the Eastern European groups.

the odd taxi driver has made snide comments about the Eastern European groups.

Odd taxi drivers are liable to make odd comments.

The JRF is filled with nutters. Everyone knows that.

They make odd taxi drivers seem normal.

Guardianistas! :rolleyes:

TBH we could bomb the f###k out of Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Mali, Nigeria etc (not suggesting we should or would!!) killing millions of innocents along with some militants and we still would not succeed in eradicating militant Islamism. - Its no threat to someone prepared for or seeking martyrdom.

So what do we do? build a high wall round the UK? Learn to live with a few incidents like the recent Algerian hostage situation? Move Israel to somewhere else?

The JRF is filled with nutters. Everyone knows that.

They make odd taxi drivers seem normal.

:)

TBH we could bomb the f###k out of Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Mali, Nigeria etc (not suggesting we should or would!!) killing millions of innocents along with some militants and we still would not succeed in eradicating militant Islamism. - Its no threat to someone prepared for or seeking martyrdom.

So what do we do? build a high wall round the UK? Learn to live with a few incidents like the recent Algerian hostage situation? Move Israel to somewhere else?

To be honest I've always wondered about that. Some mid-western American desert would have done perfectly well.

We should not tolerate Islamic extremism within the UK and groups that promote segregation should get no public funding. Islamic extremism will run its course if it is stood up to.

The number of Bulgarian and Romanian immigrants that arrive next year will focus the debate.

The UK government are already thinking about advertising in Bulgaria and Romania. ;)

My internet service has been on the blink all day and keeps cutting out. I had to draft comments on word, then cut and paste onto TRL.

To be honest, I then made a mistake by posting my comment about Eastern European immigration on the wrong thread ... it should have gone on the EU referendum thread.

Many apologies. I am a dull klutz.

:blush:

My internet service has been on the blink all day and keeps cutting out. I had to draft comments on word, then cut and paste onto TRL.

To be honest, I then made a mistake by posting my comment about Eastern European immigration on the wrong thread ... it should have gone on the EU referendum thread.

Many apologies. I am a dull klutz.

:blush:

I did wonder why I was posting about eastern Europe on an African thread. :wacko:

So we're sending 250 military "advisors" to Mali. They won't be playing a combat role we're told. Didn't the USAs involvement in Vietnam start out as an "advisory" role?

That ended well didn't it?

Apparently 58,000 US soldiers died in Vietnam.

How many Vietnamese soldiers?

How many Vietnamese civilians?

For the Communists.

Really? thanks for stating the bleeding obvious

Really? thanks for stating the bleeding obvious

As you're a left-leaning type fellow I thought it worth clarifying whether you were thinking that a Communist victory was a good outcome or not?