Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bob8

Copenhagen RLFC

18 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am pleased to announce that Copenhagen RLFC (København RLFK) will have their official founding on 2nd March 2013.

The club have the Facebook page here;

https://www.facebook.com/CopenhagenRlfc

and will have the internet page and merchandise available for purchase by the time of the official opening.

All this is possible thanks for The Black Swan Beer Bar in Copenhagen. With the black swan being a suitable analogy for Denmark's first club, the bar were enthusiastic to be involved and the team will be adopting the moniker of Black Swan as their own.

https://www.facebook.com/blackswanbar?fref=ts

Please, 'Like' both these pages and let the bar and the world know that this matters to rugby league fans.

Thank you for your support!

Kind regards,

Steve Davy

- Copenhagen RLFC

I am now going to start a thread about the eerie silence surrounding rugby league in Copenhagen.

I am now going to start a thread about the eerie silence surrounding rugby league in Copenhagen.

Please do, the publicity would be good!

How good would a Scandinavian super league of say 10 teams from Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Iceland and Finland be.

There'd be immediate infighting over whether Finns and Icelandics would be eligible for starters. Safer to go for a Nordic League.

Things might be heading towards a pan-Scandinavian approach, though "super" might be a bit OTT!

We are looking forward to clashes between Copenhagen and Jutland in Denmark as the biggie. Copenhagen will also be competing with teams from Sweden.

Nothing in Finland or Iceland as yet (and they are both some distance).

Apart from the newly founded Skåne/Scania club, which other Swedish clubs are there?

In Sweden, nothing is confirmed yet, but more should be official by the end of the month.

Copenhagen is one of the best cities in the world!!.. Congrats on forming the new team. Amateur sides from the UK should be queing up to go over and play a game.. the city does not sleep!

Best of luck, would live to visit a game over there !

You playing out of Gentofte? Or elsewhere?

Best of luck, would live to visit a game over there !

I made the trip in September, only cost about £200-250 for flights and accomodation. I recommend it.

Bob8 don't do Facebook how about starting a twitter account.

Copenhagen BlackSwan

@CopenhagenBlac1

You playing out of Gentofte? Or elsewhere?

Christianshavn, near Christiania.